Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Need help getting started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help getting started

Hey everyone. I am a 28 year old Law Enforcement Officer in Florida. I am 5"8 and 245 lbs at 32% body fat. I recently decided to quit drinking and eating badly and start going to the gym. I joined the local Powerhouse in my town and im looking to go 3-5 times a week. My ultimate goal is to drop weight for obvious health reasons and to live a healthy life from here on out. I want to totally transform my body by losing weight and building back muscle. I want to eventually end up doing a show, even though that is a long way away. My question is, what is a good routine to get into to drop weight? Like I said im new to all this and just looking for a little help. Any tips are appreciate. Thanks.

Weight loss starts with diet. So I'd definitely try to clean up the eating first and foremost.

A basic Push/Pull/Legs split is pretty solid for almost anybody, but definitely a good program for begginers.

You can throw cardio in there on your off days.

Trial and error though, get a diet plan in action, start trainnig, assess progress in 3 months and make adjustments when needed (ie. drop cals if weight loss stalls, switch up exercises if you're not seeing results etc.).

Good luck.
    https://www.facebook.com/leanmuscled

Comment

Thanks for the advice Austin. Much appreciated man.

Comment

I agree. Try to start out getting your 3daily meals and have 3shakes. I make all my clients use a blend. I really love prescritionnutritions protein blend. Their site is rxwhey.com or prescriptionnutrition.com. All theyr supps are great. I also suggest u use 5grams CLA a day, 3-6g fish oil, a multi vitamin, and a good fat burner before you train or do card.

As far as solid meals keep your proteinsLean. Chicken breast, white fishes, turkey breast and egg whites..carbs should be sweet potatoes, brown rice, whole grain bread and bagels, and whole wheat pasta. Fats should be from salmon, olive oil, Mac nut oil, avocado, and nuts and seeds.

Let me know if you need more help or want to get something more specific and personal

Find me on facebook..... My names Adam Mitchell mcvey. I'd b more than happy to help you
        2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

Comment

you're gonna be hearing this ALOT regarding your question. weight loss starts with a clean diet, then cardio. the two go hand in hand. i would recommend AT LEAST 45 mins of cardio daily in addition to your daily weight training routine. when it comes to diet, you obviously have to stick to good clean foods man. baked or grilled chicken, fish, egg whites, tuna, brown rice, stuff like that. but most importantly you gotta stay consistent with it. you cant just do it for 2 weeks and then decide you're done with it just because you havent seen the results you expected. it's going to be a slow process but a positive process in the end. stay focused and work hard brother. good luck
          AAEFX BOARD REP *Free sample of AAEFX's Pre-Workout,K-OTIC,call #1-888-238-1864(ext. 345)

Comment

I would like to thank everyone who gave me advice to my post. I have been back hitting the gym hard for a month and have modified my eating. When I put up my original post I weighed 245, as of today I am down to 231 and I am feeling better. Looking forward to getting back into the shape I was in in the military and then bumping it up a notch, with my job being in great shape is a must for survival. So once again brothers, thanks for the advice. Keep pressing on and Semper Fi.

Comment

I am in an almost identical boat I am 33 years old and I am about right at 6'0 and weight 237 lbs. Being a police officer I would like to have a good handle on upper body strength to hold my own in a physical altercation and be sound in the cardio department for the occasional foot chase that in the past have been a very weak participant.

Comment

That's awesome progress for only a month!
                Try not to let hurdles hold you down because they will always be there.

Comment

Originally posted by ecco247 View Post
                  Hey everyone. I am a 28 year old Law Enforcement Officer in Florida. I am 5"8 and 245 lbs at 32% body fat. I recently decided to quit drinking and eating badly and start going to the gym. I joined the local Powerhouse in my town and im looking to go 3-5 times a week. My ultimate goal is to drop weight for obvious health reasons and to live a healthy life from here on out. I want to totally transform my body by losing weight and building back muscle. I want to eventually end up doing a show, even though that is a long way away. My question is, what is a good routine to get into to drop weight? Like I said im new to all this and just looking for a little help. Any tips are appreciate. Thanks.
                  I like what the others have written. For me personally, I would not do any cardio at first, just to get the diet all in order with no other factors. I have had people I helped cut way back on the cardio and we have been able to let the diet do its job.

www.ChampionPhysiques.com
                  Youtube EZBODYBUILDING
                  Contest Coach = Myself Youtube EZBODYBUILDING

Comment

Working...
                  X