Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

To Milk or not to Milk?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hossjob View Post
    Why do adults feel the need to eat white pasta with sugar laden tomato sauce and then eat butter drenched bread on top of it at the same meal? Our culture is not intelligent when it comes to consumption of things.

once and a while having pasta with tomato sauce is great! i never use sugar in tomato sauce and i usually use whole wheat pasta. sugar in a hearty sauce sounds nasty.

do cardio in the morning and youll be fine.
    "Feel ill as fuck - not sure if it is protein powder or tren?"-bigdog123

Comment

Originally posted by hera View Post
      that is what i actually drink. Just hard to find places that can add soy milk to coffee. So i tend to drink tea.
      Are you serious? Every coffee place I've ever been to has a soymilk option, even the rinky dink coffee cart back in college had it.
      Why are you wearing that stupid bunny suit?

Comment

Originally posted by DT5 View Post
        once and a while having pasta with tomato sauce is great! i never use sugar in tomato sauce and i usually use whole wheat pasta. sugar in a hearty sauce sounds nasty.

do cardio in the morning and youll be fine.
        Once in a while is the KEY to that being 100% true. Listen. When I'm off season I'll make 100% whole wheat pasta with no sugar added organic tomato sauce (I season it and can't tell a difference). I make meat balls with 93% Lean Beef and we have spaghetti and meat balls. However, I measure and weigh myservings.

Now, if you go to my in-laws house, they'll have 3 huge DISHES of lasagna 1 time a week and spaghetti 1 time aweek. It's enough for 12 people and there will be 5 there. Then there will be 2-3 cookie sheets full of garlic bread with cheese. That's what I"m talking about...BAD CHOICE of consumption. Oh, btw, their vegetable for the meal is...CORN...
        TEAM P/RR/S ELITE
        www.fitcorps.net

Comment

Originally posted by strawberryriddick View Post
          Are you serious? Every coffee place I've ever been to has a soymilk option, even the rinky dink coffee cart back in college had it.

I am serious. It sucks. A lot of places only have the low fat milk or soy. Only Starbucks serves soy around here. That is why I just drink the tea. Or I get into a starbucks when i get a chance, if there is one around.

Comment

Silk brand vanilla flavored soy milk would be my suggestion

Comment

Hahahha I drink every day 1 liter and half Milk and I'm very fine!
              Low Fat Milok only 0,1 % fats....
              I know Arnold in his early years was (is) drank(drink) about 3 litres of milk for 1 day...
              So Milk is great source of protein and carbs....
              We have and yoghourt in my country - But i think yoghourt can easy make you fat ass........
              Btw where is Dave's diet - everybody here talk about Dave's diet but where is it?

Comment

Milk. True we are the only species that has chosen the interesting path of consuming another animal's milk. We also have the most developed frontal lobe in our brains. We also kill each other on a regular basis over everything from oil to religion. That logic is flawed. Yes milk is high in galactose, (milk sugar) which is essentially glucose with a lactose molecule attached to it, and yes it doesn't now contain the amount of calcium that it is hyped to have, but... here it comes, it contains a ridiculous amount of growth hormones, "natural" ones, it is a slow burning protein, and is essential for baby calves when they do their largest amount of growth, as is human breast milk for babies. If I could put on muscles mass like a 1 year old, I would be in the money. Yes, drinking some other species milk is strange as hell, but so is trying to be 250 pounds at 3% bodyfat. Extreme desires require extreme measures. Besides, Milk is still legal right??

Comment

Question:

How did BBers of the past stay lean while drinking a ton of milk? I thought milk will spike blood sugar and cause fat storage? Like people of Aronald, Silivio, Seregio etc etc time 30+ years ago.
                  "You told Harpo to beat me" - Color Purple

Comment

Probably had milk once in the last year

Comment

Milk is pretty much the most perfect food ever created. I drink nearly a gallon a day, and add it to all of my protein shakes.

By the way, lactose intolerance is caused because our digestive systems require a special bacteria or something to help digest the lactose. If you stop drinking milk, the bacteria dies out and eventually you can't digest lactose anymore. You can slowly reintroduce milk into your diet and the bacteria population will regrow to the point that you can digest milk again.
                      It's not that I'm lazy; it's that I just don't care.

Comment

I remember reading somewhere that the groups of people who are the most lactose-intolerant are those who come from an ethnicity or region with little exposure to cattle herding and/or diets with dairy products; for instance Europeans are much more lactose tolerant than Native Americans, in that the Native Americans did not practice cattle herding because cattle were not in the New World until the arrival of the Europeans.

I also remember hearing somewhere that diabetes and milk consumption could be linked, but then again I'm very unfamiliar with diabetes. Any truth in that rumor?
                        "To alcohol! The cause of... and solution to... all of life's problems"

Comment

Originally posted by Strikerrjones View Post
                          Milk is pretty much the most perfect food ever created. I drink nearly a gallon a day, and add it to all of my protein shakes.

By the way, lactose intolerance is caused because our digestive systems require a special bacteria or something to help digest the lactose. If you stop drinking milk, the bacteria dies out and eventually you can't digest lactose anymore. You can slowly reintroduce milk into your diet and the bacteria population will regrow to the point that you can digest milk again.
                          so can i get off of drinking lactid milk
                          myspace.com/h5llidae

Comment

skim milk, low cost, great result

Comment

I use powdered skim milk with my shakes and smoothies - fewer impurities than liquid

Soy milk is crap - from what I have read the only forms of soy that are good for you are fermented and soy protein isolate. Asian cultures eat fermented soy products such as miso, natto, tempeh and tofu.

Comment

Im not a really big fan of milk. Once in a great while with a shake or a bowl of cereal.

Comment

Working...
                                X