Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

To Milk or not to Milk?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is the GI level of skim milk, or any milk. I say non-fat because some fats actually help lower the GI level. Do you guys feel it makes a good PWO shake when adding it to your protein shake?

Comment

I've had to cut out milk due to its acne causing properties.

Comment

Not a great article nor siting any sources.

Comment

Originally posted by Strikerrjones View Post
          Milk is pretty much the most perfect food ever created. I drink nearly a gallon a day, and add it to all of my protein shakes.

By the way, lactose intolerance is caused because our digestive systems require a special bacteria or something to help digest the lactose. If you stop drinking milk, the bacteria dies out and eventually you can't digest lactose anymore. You can slowly reintroduce milk into your diet and the bacteria population will regrow to the point that you can digest milk again.
          that explains a lot. If I just have a skim latte gas city and I used to kill milk. Very intolerant now.

Comment

Originally posted by Strikerrjones View Post
            Milk is pretty much the most perfect food ever created. I drink nearly a gallon a day, and add it to all of my protein shakes.

By the way, lactose intolerance is caused because our digestive systems require a special bacteria or something to help digest the lactose. If you stop drinking milk, the bacteria dies out and eventually you can't digest lactose anymore. You can slowly reintroduce milk into your diet and the bacteria population will regrow to the point that you can digest milk again.
            it's a digestive enzyme - lactase

Comment

I make 1-2 shakes a day with milk that take up my whole blender each.I usually go through 4-5 gallons of skim milk a week.
              PanterA is a fictional character for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

I love the stuff could and have drank a gallon a day many a time.can't lose weight when I drink it though.

Comment

I fucking love Hershey's syrup in whole milk but damn it bloats me up.

Comment

I can see both side of the coin here, and they are estimating that 80% or more of the worlds population lack the enzyme to digest the lactose in milk, so for most people milk is crap. But for the lucky few of us that can it can be liquid gold. I wouldn't go without it, but I also won't go without my eggs, cheeses, and yogurts either. I'm meat and dairy all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by FUTURE View Post
                      Not a great article nor siting any sources.
                      Explain to me - in English, how you go about "siting" a source. Thanks bro.

Comment

Some like milk and some don't, personally i drink one glass before bed for the slow releasing protein!
                        Speed Kills, Strength Punishes

Comment

Yea, milk FUCKS up my stomach too. If you can digest it though then it is the best source for gaining muscle in my opinion. I drink ALOT of milk, but I have to get the LACTAID brand. To those who have problem with regular milk try it. Its about 3$ for half a gallon though, so its gonna set you back a little more. I can drink over a gallon of it in a day with no stomach upset. Its lactose free, I believe.

KILL THAT SHIT!!
                          Journal: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=50558
                          Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4A4lWT65ng

Comment

I have seen regular milk for $3,maybe even $3.50.Now where I'm at it's staying at $2.50 at Wal Mart.
                            PanterA is a fictional character for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

Originally posted by gdbear65 View Post
                              it's a digestive enzyme - lactase
                              Yup, I'm an idiot.
                              It's not that I'm lazy; it's that I just don't care.

Comment

Also, there are apparently lactase supplements you can take to help drink milk if you're lactose intolerant. You have to take them with a meal though, because the lactase is easily destroyed by stomach acid. Also, you have to experiment with the timing because the supplement has to hit your gut before the milk but not have enough time to be destroyed by stomach acid. It's probably just easier to get lactose-free milk.
                                It's not that I'm lazy; it's that I just don't care.

Comment

Working...
                                X