Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Please critique my plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please critique my plan

Warning: Long post ahead!

Introduction

About me:

I'm a 19yo male from Sweden and I want to start competing in bodybuilding. I'm planning on doing my first competition in Sweden in late August 2019. The first stage of this process will be starting a 2 year long bulk in August to put some good amount of muscle mass on my frame. After that, I want to do a really good cut to evaluate where I am standing and see if there needs to be changes made to my routine in regard to weak or small muscles. After that, I will have to reevaluate my plan and how I want to proceed.

Right now I've got 4 years left until getting a masters degree in Engineering from one of Swedens most prestigous schools: Chalmers University of Technology
    This means I will not have the luxury of much spare time or sleep as I live alone in a 18sqm "dorm-room". No parents nearby to assist me with food or anything

This past year and a half, I have spent experimenting with myself and trying to find out what works for me. I have done everything from high-carb bulks to keto-cuts and everything inbetween. In regards to bulking, I have found a 4day-split coupled with high carbs-low fats to be the most beneficial for me. (I will elaborate further on rep-ranges later on) On the other hand, when cutting, I have found that a ketogenic diet coupled with lifting weights 3days/week is the most beneficial.

As you can see, the extremes work the best for me.

Bodytype:
    Ectomorph as fuck! I have always been the tall and skinny guy. I weighed a whopping 52kgs on 191cms 4 years ago.(And no, I'm not ethiopian) There was not a muscle in sight
    On top of that, my frame is kind of small.

So, I will begin my journey in August. Until then I have set some goals regarding mobility that I will have to reach to be able to do all excercises with perfect form. Another goal I have is to go below 8% bodyfat so I can start my bulk very lean. So here is my plan for this bulk:

Nutrition

I will start out at 3200cals/day.
    I have a very strict budget, and will continue to have for these 4 years so do not expect any fancy meals.

<40g fat/day
    150g protein/day - These will increase as my bodyweight does.
    Rest will be carbs - These will be increased as my progress is halting.

Sources of carbs:
    Rice
    Oats
    Flour - Which kind depends on when I will be eating the bread I will make of it.
    Veggies and fruit - Depending on the season

Sources of proteins:
    Chicken
    Quark
    Whey
    Red meat - When I can afford it. I fucking love red meat.

Sources of fat:
    Trace amounts from cooking oil and the other foods.
    Nuts
    Olives

Typical day

06.15 - Wake up, drink a big glass of water.

06.20 Enter the gym and straight up on the treadmill.
    Walk on incline at around 140-150BPM for 30 minutes. Do some bodyweight compound movements to get my blood moving even more and then stretch.

07.45 First meal: Whey and oats with a fruit. (Small serving of fast carbs with fast protein and some medium to slow carbs)

08.00 First class

10.00 Quark and oats shake. (Slow protein and slow carbs)

12.30 More Quark and oats!

15.00 (2,5h Pre workout) Brown rice or full-grain bread and chicken.

17.30 Workout

~18.30 Hydrolyzed whey (Only on intense days)

19.10 Chicken (or red meat) and white rice. (Or white bread) Large serving of fruit and/or vegetables.

21.00 Whey and oats

23.00 Quark and oats, maybe nuts. Omega-3 supp Pre-bed meal.

Supplements:
    Cant really afford anything other than this. The hydrolyzed whey will only be taken on heavy training days (Will ellaborate further)
    Whey
    Hydrolyzed whey
    Multivitamin
    Omega-3

HMB (?) Was thinking about implementing this 3g/day

Training

4day-split
    My plan is to go like this:
    4 days "Heavy" 6-12 reps then followed by 4 days "Light" 12+ reps

Mon = Back

Warmup= 10 min walk on treadmill+light pulldowns and rows.

Pullups 3set
    Cable row 3 set
    Cable standing pullover 3 set
    Dumbell row 4 set
    Goodmornings 4 set
    Stretch

Tue=Chest

Warmup= 10 min walk on treadmill+pushups
    Dumbell pullovers 4 set
    Benchpress 3 set
    Dips 4 set to fail
    Stretch

Wed= Arms and delts
    Warmup= 10 min walk on treadmill+light clean and press

Military barbell press 3 set
    Lateral raises 4 set
    Rear delt flyes 3 set
    Shrugs 3 set
    Dips (Focus on triceps) 3 set to fail
    Extensions with cable behind head 3 set
    Rope extensions 3 set
    Barbell curl 5 set (Different grips)
    Sitting Dumbell curl 5 set
    Stretch

Thu= Legs
    Warmup= 10 min walk on treadmill+bodyweight squats

Deadlifts 5 set
    Frontsquat 5 set
    Hamstringcurls and legextension supersets 3 set
    Stretch

Friday=Rest

Sat=Start over with back but lighter.

You see how it goes.

I find that it gets hard to have perfect form and flex troughout the whole range of motion when moving down below 8 reps, this is something I will work on but right now is the sweet-spot around 8-12 reps for me. I will try to progressively overload but controlling the weight is more important. I will not get carried away, my mission is to build muscle, not lift weights.

Other stuff and goals:
    Not have any failed exams after this years Christmasbreak.
    Spend as much time as possible with my girlfriend and family.

Thank you very much for taking your time to read this through and assisting me on my journey.

#1. post pics.

#2. Bulking is stupid, gaining fat does not = muscle gains.

Bottom line, we need photos to make decisions where you need work.

Eat smart, train hard but not to death and rest, did I say rest?

Good luck
    Diversity is a code word for White Genocide

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeForemanRules View Post
      #1. post pics.

#2. Bulking is stupid, gaining fat does not = muscle gains.

Bottom line, we need photos to make decisions where you need work.

Eat smart, train hard but not to death and rest, did I say rest?

Good luck
      Good luck.
      Nice to have you back.

Comment

If you are a true endomorph, and want to add size I would reduce your cardio volume, also cardio before weight training is of no benefit. Save it for a rest day or postworkout......
        Save 5% at True Nutrition www.truenutrition.com ! Use discount code DSM253

Comment

In my opinion, you should add an exercise for upper pecs in chest day.
          i'd make it like this :
          Bench Press
          Incline
          Dips
          Pullover or flyes

Comment

EAT MORE PROTEIN! 150g isnt gonna cut it bro. Get at least 1.5-2g per kg of bodyweight. And since you still young and naturally small, that means you have a fast metbolism. So you can get away nutrtition wise with a lot of things that older or fat people can not. Eat ALL foods! Just eat, bro! if you're not gonna step on stage for a while then you just need to focus on getting bigger. PB & J sandwiches, weight gainer shakes, whole milk, whole eggs, pasta, red meat, even pizza and cheeseburgers but in moderation. If you feel yourself getting too fat (I doubt you will) just simply back off the junk or do some light cardio

Comment

hey man, Try whole eggs. not just egg whites. if you can get a hold of some eggs cheap, get those. Eggs really do help a ton. also if you eat protein shakes, pour some oatmeal in your protein drinks. I do about 1 cup with every shake twice a day after workout and with dinner. Whole milk, red meat etc. higher calories=bigger gains. we understand that as state you are on a budget. but try to find whatever you can on sale. wholefood stores have a ton of stuff on sale generally. ALSO, each workout you do should have the one of the basic fundamentals of a workout depending on what your doing, Squat, benchpress, deadlift. Keep pumping iron and be strong

Comment

Also people to say that Bulking is stupid? Bulking doesn't mean getting fat to most people.

Comment

Originally posted by nathantampa View Post
                  Also people to say that Bulking is stupid? Bulking doesn't mean getting fat to most people.
                  Bulking does mean getting fat to most people. Also bulking will not make you gain more muscle, it just makes most people feel bigger, but most of the gains are just fat.

A clean bulk is intended for not gaining fat.

Learn your terminology before you post next time son.
                  Diversity is a code word for White Genocide

Comment

Thank you all for your input, as for GFR, I do not have any pics, will get a good camera and snap some so I can track my progress. In regard to bulking, as you see, it will be as clean as possible. Tiny adjustments in calories/cardio will be key to slow steady high quality gains.

Muzclegirl: As a matter of fact, I like your idea but I seem to be able to recruit my entire chest in ordinary benchpress quite well so I feel no need to incorporate inclined yet.

deanstm: Thanks, cardio will be subject to change.

Nathantampa: Squats deads and bench will always be a given part of my routine

Would really like some input on the post-workout protocol, George F talks alot about only hydrolyzed whey post-wo while it seems as the general consensus is protein+carbs?

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeForemanRules View Post
                      Bulking does mean getting fat to most people. Also bulking will not make you gain more muscle, it just makes most people feel bigger, but most of the gains are just fat.

A clean bulk is intended for not gaining fat.

Learn your terminology before you post next time son.

Do you have any tricks or tips that make for a good clean bulk?

Comment

Working...
                      X