Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Any beginners need help, just ask

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bigtig View Post
    Hey Alex... I have been reading this thread and I am hoping you can help me.

I started a thread here on the beginners board entitled, "Help... I need expertise" which explains where I am at and what I am trying to achieve.

It is reasonably lengthy and I didn't want to clog up your thread with it (unless you would prefer the info here).

If you have the time to take a look I would be really grateful for any input you have.

Btw... I checked out your website and I have to say... you are in awesome condition!
    Hey thanks, and i will read what you wrote and get back to you either her or by PM . Thanks for stopping by.
    Get shredded! check out the transformations at
    www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• sorry dont know if this is the right place to be posting this but if its not please feel free to move it, thx

im VERY sensitive to androgens and break out like crazy when i take anything that throws off my balances. so i would like to know if anyone has any remedies tocombat this problem? thx
      http://www.blacklionresearch.com/

WORLD PHARM =

Comment

• Hello Alex A. Thank you for startign this thread.

I needed some advice regarding diet. I have a 9 to 7 job and generally prefer working out in the evenings. I used to work out for 3 hours i.e. from 8:00p.m. to 11:00p.m. ...... have been doing this for about a year now but no major improvement in my muscle size. I realise that it is because of my diet. I eat healthy food, 3 meals a day i.e. breakfast, lunch and dinner. I used to drink "ProteinX" after the workout. Could you please advise me as to the diet plan I need to follow ? By plan I mean .. how many meals a day to comsume and at what intervals, given my workout timings....... on reading up on several internet sites about bodybuilding diet, I have found out that I need to eat six meals a day ..... am not sure if it is appliciable in my case as I am not a professional body builder as of now. How many hours do I need to work out in the gym ?? I have given myself 3 years before I start competing. My age is 26.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1strongback View Post
          sorry dont know if this is the right place to be posting this but if its not please feel free to move it, thx

im VERY sensitive to androgens and break out like crazy when i take anything that throws off my balances. so i would like to know if anyone has any remedies tocombat this problem? thx

I would for sure talk to your doctor and have them prescribe you some good creeme for this, insurance will pay and there are some good ones out there. You are risking getting permanent scars if not.
          www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Schneider Fernandes View Post
            Hello Alex A. Thank you for startign this thread.

I needed some advice regarding diet. I have a 9 to 7 job and generally prefer working out in the evenings. I used to work out for 3 hours i.e. from 8:00p.m. to 11:00p.m. ...... have been doing this for about a year now but no major improvement in my muscle size. I realise that it is because of my diet. I eat healthy food, 3 meals a day i.e. breakfast, lunch and dinner. I used to drink "ProteinX" after the workout. Could you please advise me as to the diet plan I need to follow ? By plan I mean .. how many meals a day to comsume and at what intervals, given my workout timings....... on reading up on several internet sites about bodybuilding diet, I have found out that I need to eat six meals a day ..... am not sure if it is appliciable in my case as I am not a professional body builder as of now. How many hours do I need to work out in the gym ?? I have given myself 3 years before I start competing. My age is 26.

You can surely get away with eating 5 meals per day spaced out about 3 hours apart. Your morning meal is a very important one and your post work out meal as well. Plus as far as time spent in the gym, the minimal amount of time is best to get your workout done. Meaning, bust out your workout and then eat. Dont spend endless time in the gym just to be there or drag out your workout. I bust through my sets fast to keep my metabolism up and to get my workout done . Allot can be accomplished in 45 minutes to one hour, minus cardio
            www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Hey Alex. If i want to go from 12% bodyfat to 7% do you think I should do weights 5 days per week and cardio 7 days?

or do you think i should take 2 complete days off to rest?

Comment

• Originally posted by spiderman405 View Post
                Hey Alex. If i want to go from 12% bodyfat to 7% do you think I should do weights 5 days per week and cardio 7 days?

or do you think i should take 2 complete days off to rest?
                Rest is for babies. Just kidding, but if you want to grind down the bodyfat faster I would do cardio everyday. Five days of weights and 6-7 days of cardio is fine.
                www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnielow
                  Alex,

My name is John, I am 47 years old, 5'11" tall, 275 pounds at 25% bodyfat. I have lost 170 pounds in the last 5 years but have hit a serious plateau. I am a 100% endomorph, and diet for me is the toughest part. I train 4 days per week, 2 on 1 off, 2 on 2 off. I was wondering if you can offer any diet/training advice that will help me get out of this rut I am in?

Thank you!

Hi! consider changing your training routine to five days per week and add cardio after each workout. That will definetiy bump up your metabolism and get you out of your plateu.
                  www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• hey alex, checked out some of your pics on your site and must say you looked insane!! thats the kind of physique i would love to have!!

question: whats your opinion on using whey isolate in the morning or any time other than post workout?? my thinking is that you would really only need fast-absorbing protein pwo, and use slower protein sources at other times. obviously you know a lot more about this stuff than me, and i would def consider your input very beneficial.

thanks again for all the help youve provided on this post, ive learned a lot just from reading many of your replies to previous questions!

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnielow
                      Can you recommend a split/routine? Sorry to ask for so much, but if you could that would be a great help.

Junior has a good split, great job man!

Personally I would recommend this for you for your situation and what you are trying to accomplish

Mon: biceps & triceps & abs Cardio after training

Tues: quads& calves cardio after training

Wed: Chest & abs cardio after training

Thurs: delts & traps cardio after training

Friday Back & calves cardio after training

Sat: off day

Sunday off day

Sun: off day
                      www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Fanch View Post
                        hey alex, checked out some of your pics on your site and must say you looked insane!! thats the kind of physique i would love to have!!

question: whats your opinion on using whey isolate in the morning or any time other than post workout?? my thinking is that you would really only need fast-absorbing protein pwo, and use slower protein sources at other times. obviously you know a lot more about this stuff than me, and i would def consider your input very beneficial.

thanks again for all the help youve provided on this post, ive learned a lot just from reading many of your replies to previous questions!
                        This is a great question:

personally im not a big fan of protein powder in place of whole food.
                        Sounds silly but Im more into whole food to satisfy my appetite and meet my protein requirements.

Especially the first meal of the morning. Im more likely to drink whey protein after a workout during the off or should i say "pre" season than during contest prep.

During my contest prep, i do not use much protein powder as my metabolism is jacking up and i get ferociously hungry if I do not feed myself solid food.

I am not against protein all together, i just use it more sparingly during prep and since i stay pretty active during my pre season, i am always needing to feed my appetite so i only drink protein shakes usually before bedtime.
                        www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• a big thanks for the feedback. i guess i will just have to give myself time and find out if whey protein or whole food works best for me

Comment

• I'm in an interesting situation in that my employer is pretty understanding (for now) with my working out at lunch. I go at lunch because that is when the people who are helping me train for my first show work out.

But, when I factor in the 40 minute round trip commute to the gym (I live in B.F.E. Oklahoma) and a 2 hour workout, I'm pretty much gone for 3 hours.

As I said, my employer is very understanding, but I'm afraid if I start putting cardio on the end of the workout I'll be pushing the boundries of my employer's generosity.

I have been doing my cardio before I go to bed and don't seem to have trouble falling asleep.

How bad is it to do cardio that late in the day? It's after my last meal for the day. Is there a better time to do cardio if I cannot do it post-workout?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex A View Post
                              Junior has a good split, great job man!

Personally I would recommend this for you for your situation and what you are trying to accomplish

Mon: biceps & triceps & abs Cardio after training

Tues: quads& calves cardio after training

Wed: Chest & abs cardio after training

Thurs: delts & traps cardio after training

Friday Back & calves cardio after training

Sat: off day

Sunday off day

Sun: off day
                              Hey alex, did you forget hamis? Or am I missing something?

Comment

• Originally posted by grumpwurst View Post
                                I'm in an interesting situation in that my employer is pretty understanding (for now) with my working out at lunch. I go at lunch because that is when the people who are helping me train for my first show work out.

But, when I factor in the 40 minute round trip commute to the gym (I live in B.F.E. Oklahoma) and a 2 hour workout, I'm pretty much gone for 3 hours.

As I said, my employer is very understanding, but I'm afraid if I start putting cardio on the end of the workout I'll be pushing the boundries of my employer's generosity.

I have been doing my cardio before I go to bed and don't seem to have trouble falling asleep.

How bad is it to do cardio that late in the day? It's after my last meal for the day. Is there a better time to do cardio if I cannot do it post-workout?
                                I would seriously consider doing your cardio first thing in the morning since you can eat a nice amount of carbs after you do your cardio. Also you get the cardio out of the way before you go to the gym.
                                www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

Working...
                                X