Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Any beginners need help, just ask

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wanted to drop in and give my man Alex some props!!!! This man is a rare individual and I hope that everyone appreciates him as a person and his knowledge as much as I do. Much love brother!
    Nutrex Research
    Exercise Science BS, CSCS

Comment

• Alex,

Do you advocate low-intensity or HIIT in the off-season and why?

Comment

• Originally posted by silverbackn View Post
        Just wanted to drop in and give my man Alex some props!!!! This man is a rare individual and I hope that everyone appreciates him as a person and his knowledge as much as I do. Much love brother!
        Thanks my friend, you are truly a special person yourself. I would love to meet you bro! you are a great guy yourself.

let me tell you guys something. In my opinion, the best thing about bodybuilding for me, is the relationships, friendships and wonderful people that i have met. They will last beyond my years as a competitor.

I appreciate what you said Silverbackn you always have a friend here, and any of you guys can come to me for any advise, or help.

My goal is to win at the nationals. I am working toward that this year.

I dont really care that much competing as a pro and If I do, its for you folks, my fans and friends.

I want to be someone who will take the time to help a fellow bodybuilder and go out of my way to be kind and nice.
        Bodybuilding is not for tough guys, its a sport for nice guys, family guys, dads and husbands, mothers, and wives.

Lets face it, we are not going to be massive freaky pros so we are all in it together trying to do our best with the genetics we got. We have to train smart and help each other.
        Get shredded! check out the transformations at
        www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex A View Post
          Just so you know, you are very close to where you want to be. You stay pretty lean off season. That is good!
          Hey Alex! I just wanted to thank you again for all your help. You have a lot of knowledge in this sport. Your pics are incredible & are proof of your knowledge. If you get a chance to post some pics of your clients in contest shape I'd love to see them as I'm sure others would to if they don't mind you posting them. Or, you may have them on your website? I'll have to check it out again. I will keep you in mind for when I am prepping for a show again bc I would like to hire someone to help next time around. I'm fighting off the flu right now . I hope to be back in the gym tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by jlay View Post
            Hey Alex! I just wanted to thank you again for all your help. You have a lot of knowledge in this sport. Your pics are incredible & are proof of your knowledge. If you get a chance to post some pics of your clients in contest shape I'd love to see them as I'm sure others would to if they don't mind you posting them. Or, you may have them on your website? I'll have to check it out again. I will keep you in mind for when I am prepping for a show again bc I would like to hire someone to help next time around. I'm fighting off the flu right now . I hope to be back in the gym tomorrow.

Thanks yourself! and it was no problem, i hope i was of help. I love this sport and am very involved.

Getting a Muscletech contract for me was the icing on the cake. I will be around for a while.
            I attend all the shows here in Los Angeles and California and am excited and committed to being my all time best this year at nationals. Anyone I help i put my heart into it. And even those who i answer questions for here are going to get my best answer.

Of course I cant draw up diet plans, cardio, thermo progression and all involved in contest prep here on a message board, those persons need my full attention and time.

Please dont go to my website just yet as it is currently being remodeled and it will be updated within days.

One competitor Im helping one hundred percent with his prep is Tres Bennet who is competing at the Emerald Cup on April 19th. He is a solid competitor who has a good chance at a big win there in Washington.

He promotes the Junior USA which is a pro qualifier in figure. He is a great guy and is pretty dialed in now at 4 weeks out.

I will have his pics up soon. Some of the other competitors im helping are doing shows in June and July, so of course they are not in contest shape yet, but will be.

Im also very excited about some of the members I have helped from the forums and should get thier pics up too as they have made some dramatic weight loss without a show to strive for, just determination.
            Anyways, thanks for what you said and that is cool to keep me in mind down the road. I will tell you one thing, I feel my best strength is my knowledge of diet, thermogenics and cardio to get ripped. Check out this transformation.
            Attached Files
            www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Hey alex, man i just wnted to thank you for the help and info you gave me. It seems to be working really good for me and i have plenty of energy for my cardio. I am glad you are one of the guys who remembers what its like just starting out and needing info. I appreciate your help bro. I know i am always offering help in the gym no matter what it is *(unless i am in the middle of a set of course. LOL)

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex A View Post
                Thanks my friend, you are truly a special person yourself. I would love to meet you bro! you are a great guy yourself.

let me tell you guys something. In my opinion, the best thing about bodybuilding for me, is the relationships, friendships and wonderful people that i have met. They will last beyond my years as a competitor.

I appreciate what you said Silverbackn you always have a friend here, and any of you guys can come to me for any advise, or help.

My goal is to win at the nationals. I am working toward that this year.

I dont really care that much competing as a pro and If I do, its for you folks, my fans and friends.

I want to be someone who will take the time to help a fellow bodybuilder and go out of my way to be kind and nice.
                Bodybuilding is not for tough guys, its a sport for nice guys, family guys, dads and husbands, mothers, and wives.

Lets face it, we are not going to be massive freaky pros so we are all in it together trying to do our best with the genetics we got. We have to train smart and help each other.
                Thanks for the kind words bro, very humbling coming from a guy like you. I will be in your neck of the woods soon, I'm sure we will cross paths soon!

I totally agree with you, it is all about the relationships and irreplaceable people that you come across along the way. I have met many people that left a huge mark on me as soon as I came into their presence. It is a great feeling to share something that you're passionate about with someone that can relate to you, it's even better when you see the depths of those people and the true substance of them.

I'm glad you have my back bro, that support means a lot.

I hope that you achieve your goal of winning Nationals and then going to the next level as a pro. I KNOW that you are and will continue to achieve your goal of helping and touching those around you. That is undeniable. Your so right bro, 99.999% of us will never be anywhere near a pro stage and will never be mass monsters. It's all about us being the best with what we were given and helping others reach their potential along the way!!!
                Nutrex Research
                Exercise Science BS, CSCS

Comment

• Originally posted by silverbackn View Post
                  Thanks for the kind words bro, very humbling coming from a guy like you. I will be in your neck of the woods soon, I'm sure we will cross paths soon!

I totally agree with you, it is all about the relationships and irreplaceable people that you come across along the way. I have met many people that left a huge mark on me as soon as I came into their presence. It is a great feeling to share something that you're passionate about with someone that can relate to you, it's even better when you see the depths of those people and the true substance of them.

I'm glad you have my back bro, that support means a lot.

I hope that you achieve your goal of winning Nationals and then going to the next level as a pro. I KNOW that you are and will continue to achieve your goal of helping and touching those around you. That is undeniable. Your so right bro, 99.999% of us will never be anywhere near a pro stage and will never be mass monsters. It's all about us being the best with what we were given and helping others reach their potential along the way!!!
                  Well spoken my friend! this is so true. I always got your back and looking forward to meeting up!

Purebeef : your totally welcome bro, i was once the guy asking all the questions, time goes by pretty fast, and I learn fast because life is one big learning experience. If you don't learn from others you will often never learn.
                  www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Alex, i saw your pic in an ironman mag the other day that i got at the arnold. Did you pick up a contract with a supplement company? I hope you the best if you did. I have a question for ya. I was wondeing i seem to be doing good in my contest prep plenty of energy and making good progress. But i was wondering if there was a great fat burner you would recommend and stand behind. I have a problem of hold most of my fat on my lower backa and wondering the best way to get it off. I appreciate you help thnks bro.

Comment

• Originally posted by purebeef View Post
                      Alex, i saw your pic in an ironman mag the other day that i got at the arnold. Did you pick up a contract with a supplement company? I hope you the best if you did. I have a question for ya. I was wondeing i seem to be doing good in my contest prep plenty of energy and making good progress. But i was wondering if there was a great fat burner you would recommend and stand behind. I have a problem of hold most of my fat on my lower backa and wondering the best way to get it off. I appreciate you help thnks bro.

Thanks for noticing that bro. I did a photo shoot with Iron Man and they did a workout video of me and they are using the pics in their magazine.

Muscletech signed me to a sponsorship/supplement contract this year. They are sponsoring me to compete this year at the nationals.

I have used Muscletechs fatburner Hydroxycut with good results.

As far as getting the fat off your lower back, its going to take the right diet, the right amount of cardio and training. It is a trouble spot for many but with a solid diet and plan you can do it bro.

Keep me updated on how things are going. Alex
                      www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• will do i started high intensity trained in intervals. 30 min in morning and another 15 after workout. I seem to be getting leaner to me anyways and my wgt is holding very good. i appreciate all the help bro

Comment

• Alex- what do you charge for a 12-16 week prep (even if its for a photoshoot)?

J
                          Muscle Tech Athlete

Comment

• thanks

Originally posted by Alex A View Post
                            You can surely get away with eating 5 meals per day spaced out about 3 hours apart. Your morning meal is a very important one and your post work out meal as well. Plus as far as time spent in the gym, the minimal amount of time is best to get your workout done. Meaning, bust out your workout and then eat. Dont spend endless time in the gym just to be there or drag out your workout. I bust through my sets fast to keep my metabolism up and to get my workout done . Allot can be accomplished in 45 minutes to one hour, minus cardio
                            Thanks Alex !!!!

Comment

• Alex, i have a quick question about my carbs, i am using oatmeal (morning) white rice the rest. My question is that i workout at about 5:30 and get home around 7pm after 30 cardio session. Instead of taking in my white rice right after workout should i have all that in before workout and then after my workout just take waxymaize for my carbs. I am afraid of eating carbs late at night as i think it might set on me and not get burned off. Please lmk what you think man. I appreciate it.

Comment

• Originally posted by purebeef View Post
                                Alex, i have a quick question about my carbs, i am using oatmeal (morning) white rice the rest. My question is that i workout at about 5:30 and get home around 7pm after 30 cardio session. Instead of taking in my white rice right after workout should i have all that in before workout and then after my workout just take waxymaize for my carbs. I am afraid of eating carbs late at night as i think it might set on me and not get burned off. Please lmk what you think man. I appreciate it.
                                I like the idea of you eating your carbs before you train and not having a too many carbs after you train since its at night.

I am having the same situation with a guy im helping and we talked about that today. His last carb meal is before he trains so he just trains and eats egg whites and turkey for dinner with no carbs.

He is in contest mode and doesnt need the carbs at night. I would not use the waxy maise to be honest with you.

If you are not competing, I think the carbs would be ok. But not ideal for getting shredded. This guy is getting shredded for his show.

Thanks for asking and let me know how it goes
                                www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

Working...
                                X