Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Any beginners need help, just ask

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex, i am getting ready for a show so you say i should have all my carbs in before my workout and then none after for my next or last two meals? correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by purebeef View Post
      Alex, i am getting ready for a show so you say i should have all my carbs in before my workout and then none after for my next or last two meals? correct?

I mean, there are allot of factors, how lean you are already, are you natural or not, how late is your workout, etc. but i just dont advocate the carbs at night for contest prep. Just my opinon. alex
      Get shredded! check out the transformations at
      www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Shout out to my man Alex A

Comment

• Originally posted by stavios View Post
          Shout out to my man Alex A
          Thanks bro! how is the training going? Your going to be bigger but just as ripped i hope?
          www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• I'm now less than 6 weeks out from my first show. This picture was taken last saturday

My wife took a bunch of pictures of me and my training partner that I put up on my web album

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rharkne...7604214412108/

Comment

• good job dude! your first show is a memorable one.

Keep taking pics to monitor your progress and you should see yourself changing here down the stretch. if your staying the same, something needs tweaking. Keep training hard and keep us posted bro!
              www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex A View Post
                Thanks bro! how is the training going? Your going to be bigger but just as ripped i hope?
                I am still eating 4000 calories a day right now and getting leaner.
                I predict I will be a lot leaner than last year while being a couple of pounds heavier.

I watch your pictures everyday for motivation

Comment

• Originally posted by stavios View Post
                  I am still eating 4000 calories a day right now and getting leaner.
                  I predict I will be a lot leaner than last year while being a couple of pounds heavier.

I watch your pictures everyday for motivation

That sounds like a good diet and plan bro! cant wait to see the final product!
                  Attached Files
                  www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• should i be adding anything to my post workout drink? i've been following dave's cutting diet for about 4 weeks. 200lb male. here are my meals.

5 omega3 eggs and 4 egg whites
                    50g isolyze w/ 1.5tbls npb
                    same as meal2
                    8oz chick brst w/ 1/3cup cashews
                    8oz steak w/ salad and mac nut oil
                    same as meal2

the other supps i take are juice plus+ and a multi vitamin.
                    i think i am going to add omega3 fish oil and evening primrose this week.

i train between meal 2 and 3. I go to the gym 5 days/wk.
                    quads/calves
                    chest/tri's/abs
                    deadlifts/lower back/hams/calves
                    back/abs/
                    shoulders/bi's/abs
                    at least 30min low intensity cardio at the end of each session

I like the results I am getting from this diet. I've only been weight training for 1 and 1/2 years. So I am new at this. So please keep that in mind if you respond (some people can get nasty). I really rambled on here. Anyway, my original question Do I need to add anything to my post workout drink (meal3)? I don't want to "stray" from the the diet by adding lots of carbs.

Comment

• OK.....

Where is a reputable place to buy posing trunks?

Comment

• Originally posted by silkworth View Post
                        should i be adding anything to my post workout drink? i've been following dave's cutting diet for about 4 weeks. 200lb male. here are my meals.

5 omega3 eggs and 4 egg whites
                        50g isolyze w/ 1.5tbls npb
                        same as meal2
                        8oz chick brst w/ 1/3cup cashews
                        8oz steak w/ salad and mac nut oil
                        same as meal2

the other supps i take are juice plus+ and a multi vitamin.
                        i think i am going to add omega3 fish oil and evening primrose this week.

i train between meal 2 and 3. I go to the gym 5 days/wk.
                        quads/calves
                        chest/tri's/abs
                        deadlifts/lower back/hams/calves
                        back/abs/
                        shoulders/bi's/abs
                        at least 30min low intensity cardio at the end of each session

I like the results I am getting from this diet. I've only been weight training for 1 and 1/2 years. So I am new at this. So please keep that in mind if you respond (some people can get nasty). I really rambled on here. Anyway, my original question Do I need to add anything to my post workout drink (meal3)? I don't want to "stray" from the the diet by adding lots of carbs.
                        I personally dont do diets like this, I can get ripped and shredded eating 70 grams of carbs all in the form of white rice and brown sugar oats. Everyone i help gets atleast 50 grams of carbs per serving for 4-5 servings per day based on your body composition. But no added fats.

If you are following daves diet, follow it, but dont add things in there that dont belong. Since you like the diet, stick to it and see if you can get ripped.

See my diet is a pretty balance diet of protein and carbs in every meal except the last meal.

I dont add oils and cashews, nuts and peanut butter to my diet. And not many supplements.

So if you were to look at my diet, you would think im lacking some thing there.

But my diet is working on all the guys im helping too, 21 guys, so, why would i add some thing to throw the whole thing off.

If your getting ripped then stick to it. if your not, consider something different. Thanks for asking and sorry if i was of no help
                        www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Alex when you say you add no fats at all (other than what is in the foods), do you add any egg yolks to your morning egg whites? Just curious.

Thanks,

Ss

Comment

• Originally posted by scoobysnacks View Post
                            Alex when you say you add no fats at all (other than what is in the foods), do you add any egg yolks to your morning egg whites? Just curious.

Thanks,

Ss
                            yes I add 2 yolks to my egg whites, but i eat steak every day too. thats pretty much it for fats, though.
                            www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex A View Post
                              I personally dont do diets like this, I can get ripped and shredded eating 70 grams of carbs all in the form of white rice and brown sugar oats. Everyone i help gets atleast 50 grams of carbs per serving for 4-5 servings per day based on your body composition. But no added fats.

If you are following daves diet, follow it, but dont add things in there that dont belong. Since you like the diet, stick to it and see if you can get ripped.

See my diet is a pretty balance diet of protein and carbs in every meal except the last meal.

I dont add oils and cashews, nuts and peanut butter to my diet. And not many supplements.

So if you were to look at my diet, you would think im lacking some thing there.

But my diet is working on all the guys im helping too, 21 guys, so, why would i add some thing to throw the whole thing off.

If your getting ripped then stick to it. if your not, consider something different. Thanks for asking and sorry if i was of no help
                              Alex, thanks for taking the time to read and answer my long winded question.
                              It's very much appreciated.

Comment

• Alex,

I look forward to getting past my competitions in May and June so I can start tweaking the diet I was put on.

I personally believe that carbs from white rice wouldn't effect me as bad as my trainer is telling me. Boy do I love the sticky white rice over the brown rice, plus it seems to keep better in the fridge than the brown rice that seems to be like eating crushed gravel.

Comment

Working...
                                X