Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Any beginners need help, just ask

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by grumpwurst View Post
    Alex,

I look forward to getting past my competitions in May and June so I can start tweaking the diet I was put on.

I personally believe that carbs from white rice wouldn't effect me as bad as my trainer is telling me. Boy do I love the sticky white rice over the brown rice, plus it seems to keep better in the fridge than the brown rice that seems to be like eating crushed gravel.
    I would not mess with your current prep guys advise since there is a reason he is having you do the miserable brown rice.

Personally as i have stated, i hate brown rice, always have and always will. Well i never eat it so i wont know what it taste like.

My diet uses white rice from the begging to the end of the diet. I sometimes make chicken rice and beef fried rice by putting pam on the wok and adding my rice, one egg, soy sauce and my meat chopped up, and its very good.

But the reason I use white rice and flavored oatmeal, is because of other aspects of the diet and training and prep that allow you too. But the starchy rice and sugar might not go well with the diet you are following.
    Get shredded! check out the transformations at
    www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Alex,

Don't worry. I have no intention on messing with my diet until after my second competition in June. That's when I go into my off-season.

Comment

• DIET

Alex,

im trying to go from 12% bodyfat to 8 %. Im eating 250 g protein / 400 g carbs per day.

on my non workout days or cardio only days should i eat the same amount or eat less?

and what do you do precontest? do you eat the same amount of protein and carbs even on your off day?

thanks

Comment

• Alex are there certain attributes of conditioning you typically like to see at progress points precontest? for instance at 8 weeks out you like to see delts coming in and at 6 weeks out abs starting to be more defined etc?
          Delphene Balan~ 2007 Muscle Beach Overall FBB

Comment

• Originally posted by spiderman405 View Post
            Alex,

im trying to go from 12% bodyfat to 8 %. Im eating 250 g protein / 400 g carbs per day.

on my non workout days or cardio only days should i eat the same amount or eat less?

and what do you do precontest? do you eat the same amount of protein and carbs even on your off day?

thanks

I dont change my meals during off training days. Those are days that your muscles can store up extra glycogen.

I dont like to have cheat meals on off days but i dont reduce calories, carbs or protein on off days either.
            www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyFX View Post
              Alex are there certain attributes of conditioning you typically like to see at progress points precontest? for instance at 8 weeks out you like to see delts coming in and at 6 weeks out abs starting to be more defined etc?

I would say somewhat. but everyone is different. for example. My legs are grainy, hard, and have good striations in the off season. And my glutes stay pretty tight all year too.

But I store fat in my lower back and midsection. Everyone is going to progress through the diet differently. Knowing how your body changes from past preps and or having a good eye for seeing progress and knowing what to look for helps.
              www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Makes perfect sense. I do realize it is very personal.
                Delphene Balan~ 2007 Muscle Beach Overall FBB

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyFX View Post
                  Makes perfect sense. I do realize it is very personal.
                  Everyone progresses through their diets differently as i mentioned, that is why there is no way you can follow a generic online diet or try to put bits and pieces of the puzzle together.
                  My best advise is, trust some one and ride it out with them. I have had people help me in the past, when i first started competing and later when I wanted to get in crazy shape for my first national show.

Each time, i was the perfect student and just listened and it payed off.

I also learned allot from them and now im able to gauge my progression through my diet and am getting really good at seeing it in others that i help.

Im always learning, thats why even if someone is under some one els's guidance and if they ask my opinion (which they probably shouldnt,) im curious to know if i can gauge if they are on track or not for my own knowledge. Its like when someone post pics at 3 weeks out and wonder, are they going to make it?
                  www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Hi Alex,

i read that your precontest diet is similar to the offseason one. Does this mean that the number of meals is the same? what would happen if you add one more meal to the precontest diet. will you achieve the growing to the show effect?

Comment

• Originally posted by me4ka86 View Post
                      Hi Alex,

i read that your precontest diet is similar to the offseason one. Does this mean that the number of meals is the same? what would happen if you add one more meal to the precontest diet. will you achieve the growing to the show effect?
                      Great question. Well, as you move through your pre contest diet, your metabolism is increasing. And the way i do things, it gets crazy, burning fat. I end up adding meals, especially at night, usually protein only meals.

Off season, im not nearly as hungry and of need of food at night. But i would say during my contest prep, i eat more volume of food than i do off season. In effect, im growing and getting stronger too during contest prep.
                      www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• In effect, im growing and getting stronger too during contest prep.
                        Alex i Have noticed this effect for sure! i was starting to question why my weight was gradually climbing and now i know for sure, im adding muscle!! thanks for that

C
                        MUSCLETECH Athlete

www.crushinglimits.com

Comment

• ALEX KNOWS HIS SHIT.
                          Ive been working with him for not even 2 weeks and he has shared alot of ifnormation with me.just do the work and know his word is always right and you wont go wrong!

LETS GET SHREDDED BRO

Comment

• Hey Alex. I dont get on this board a whole lot but I cant believe I missed this thread.

I have worked with quite a few people over the past 10 years and did simple to complicated diets and such. I have learned quite a lot from each person and have been able to help quite a few people myself. Alex has definitely given me a new outlook on a few things which have made a HUGE difference.

I can tell everyone reading your thread this, Alex keeps things simple yet gets great results and DEMANDS hard intense work. If you follow his program to a T you will yield fantastic results.
                            TROPONIN NUTRITIONIST

Comment

• Originally posted by cfox View Post
                              Hey Alex. I dont get on this board a whole lot but I cant believe I missed this thread.

I have worked with quite a few people over the past 10 years and did simple to complicated diets and such. I have learned quite a lot from each person and have been able to help quite a few people myself. Alex has definitely given me a new outlook on a few things which have made a HUGE difference.

I can tell everyone reading your thread this, Alex keeps things simple yet gets great results and DEMANDS hard intense work. If you follow his program to a T you will yield fantastic results.

Thanks allot man! i really appreciate that allot!

my goal is to make things simple and effective.

Dieting should not be a complicated miserable chore.

I have done all types of diets for the shows i have competed in. I was able to get in shape for each one but i wasnt always the happy go lucky guy i am today when i diet.

I now, get in awesome condition with allot less pain and misery.

And the look is allot better. Im trying to prevent you guys from going through the mistakes I made

I used to suffer big time, but I would suffer in order to accomplish my goal. I was able to get in shape, but not in the same league of shape i can get in now. I want you guys to learn from me. Your energy should be spent on training and other things in life, not drained down buy a diet.

You guys are probably loving the food you eat im having you eat, i know i do!
                              www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Hi Alex,

i read that you start your precontest preparation 16 weeks out. Having in mind that you stay really lean offseason(probably 8-9% bf correct me if i am wrong) why do you prepare so long? Won't, for example, 8-10 weeks be enough to shed this 4-5%bf?

Comment

Working...
                                X