Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Any beginners need help, just ask

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by grumpwurst View Post
    Alex,

As promised here are the best of the pictures my wife took on Tuesday. This is approximately 4 weeks out from my show.

To see all the pictures she took, you can click through to my entire web album on Flickr:

Battle of the Bodies - 4 Weeks Out

Your definetly shredded man but the problem is your 4 weeks away, you cant come down much more

If anything you should slow things down, i know just how to do that too. And i would not push harder to get leaner. I have been down that road before.

I was pretty peeled with less than 3 weeks to go and burned up some muscle trying to get freakier. but good job!
    Get shredded! check out the transformations at
    www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Cjm21 View Post
      Any advice for my last questions, Alex?
      I dont think i can respond to your situation here on this board, to give you the

best advise possible i would have to spend some time working on this, I wont be able to do that on this board. I only answer questions here, I did give you some solid advise though.
      www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex A View Post
        If anything you should slow things down, i know just how to do that too. And i would not push harder to get leaner. I have been down that road before.
        I don't know what I can do to slow down the burn up.

At this point, I'm really only doing 30 minutes of cardio at a heart rate of 120bmp (when possible I throw in an extra 20 minutes in the morning).

I reduced my sodium intake by swapping tuna for tilapia as much as possible.

The only other change is that I switched trainers because I wasn't happy with the old routine where we did excessive amounts of weight with poor form and low reps. My new trainer is having me focus of form and as much weight as I can do 20 reps for.

Like I said, I don't know what to do to slow the roll. Other than just not doing cardio or eating more "dirty" food....haha

Comment

I don't know what I can do to slow down the burn up.

At this point, I'm really only doing 30 minutes of cardio at a heart rate of 120bmp (when possible I throw in an extra 20 minutes in the morning).

I reduced my sodium intake by swapping tuna for tilapia as much as possible.

The only other change is that I switched trainers because I wasn't happy with the old routine where we did excessive amounts of weight with poor form and low reps. My new trainer is having me focus of form and as much weight as I can do 20 reps for.

Like I said, I don't know what to do to slow the roll. Other than just not doing cardio or eating more "dirty" food....haha
          I didnt want to interfere with your prep for your show, espcially if yo have some one helping you. Let me know if you want my opinion on what you should do, you can email me bro
          www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Hey Alex,

I was going through this thread and I noticed you said

"I dont eat brown rice or yams.

Try some different foods. I know for one thing, brown rice doesnt seem to work for me. But just see what happens. I would consider increasing your post workout meal to some white rice and increase your first meal of the day slightly. "

Does this mean that you also stick to high GI carbs pre-contest as well?

The reason I ask is because I get extremely bloated and gassy from oats/brown rice/barley and it is probably due to my body not being able to handle the high fiber. I wouldn't mind switching completely to high GI carb but it kind of goes against the conventional bodybuilding diet. Your thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by sloh View Post
              Hey Alex,

I was going through this thread and I noticed you said

"I dont eat brown rice or yams.

Try some different foods. I know for one thing, brown rice doesnt seem to work for me. But just see what happens. I would consider increasing your post workout meal to some white rice and increase your first meal of the day slightly. "

Does this mean that you also stick to high GI carbs pre-contest as well?

The reason I ask is because I get extremely bloated and gassy from oats/brown rice/barley and it is probably due to my body not being able to handle the high fiber. I wouldn't mind switching completely to high GI carb but it kind of goes against the conventional bodybuilding diet. Your thoughts?
              Thanks bro, but allot of my diet goes against the conventional bodybuilding diet.

How many people can eat 2 packs of maple and brown sugar oats for carbs, then the next meal white rice, then the next meal, 2 packs of flavored oats and the next meal white rice, from the start of the prep all the way to the show.

I get pretty damn peeled eating this way and people who do my prep are finding out a great way to do their prep and get in shape, I mean the low carb thing works but my suggary oats/white rice, steak diet works too, i never hear complaints about the food not tasting good or anyone stuggling to get in shape.

I advocate this to only those who follow my prep as there are more pieces to the puzzle than this. But put it this way, i havent eat brown rice in years and never eaten a yam.
              Last edited by Alex A; April 15, 2008, 09:15 PM.
              www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex A View Post
                i havent eat brown rice in years and never eaten a yam.
                Amen, brother. And it seems to be working well.

Ron

Comment

• Originally posted by rjnidaho View Post
                  Amen, brother. And it seems to be working well.

Ron
                  I have always hated both, especially yams.

And to tell you the truth, for my first 10 npc shows i ate brown rice all the time, hated it but thought you had to have it. I didnt even consider white rice an option.

I switched to white rice and the flavored oats and made other changes in my diet and prep and my physique really came around. I will never go back to the brown rice ever.
                  www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Junior View Post
                    Alex,

I know you like to do your cardio post WO.

How bout on non-training days......do you do morning (fasted) cardio or do you like to get a few meals in you first?
                    I really dont. I train with weights 5 days per week so i only do cardio on those days. This year im keeping cardio to 5 days, last year I was doing it 6. Im letting my body rest a little more, and gaining a few pounds this year. So i wont probably be doing any cardio on non training days.
                    www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• grumpw,

you look worst than u did in your last pictures.

Whatever you are doing you need to change it up, all your doing at this point is losing muscle.

Your already lean as your going to get and the only thing your body will lose at this point is hard earner muscle. Dont let that happen. Talk to whoever is helping you out and go to the drawing board to stop this muscle wasting

Good luck bro

Comment

• FlexingtonSteele,

Thanks for the input. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who observed that. I thought I was just being overly critical of myself.

I'm at a loss. My protein consumption is actually higher than it was before (because I was bad about cheating on my diet). In fact, my weight has remained stable at 139lbs even though I keep looking leaner. So, if I'm burning muscle now, where is the weight coming from?

Comment

• Grump, Ive been following along. I dont think you look worse, just flat, your abs look leaner and so do your hamis in my opinion. Why dont you post the pics side by side and observe them. More than anything I think its a fullness issue.

If you do your final week right you can fill back out.

Just my opinion....

Some of your posing is just bad though. For instance your front lat and fron double bi, you flex one leg and the other is basically relaxed. Try putting the feet together grip that floor and really turn and try to flex both legs. If you are going to put that leg out on the front bi which I do also, make sure BOTH legs are flexed.

On the ab thigh a couple things, the arms should be really far behind the head and locked hands and then in by your ears, not out like you have them and flex them hard. Again the leg is not flexed on the back leg.

On your rear poses, you flex the spiked leg, but you completely relax the other leg, I used to do this too...

Just some observations.

Also the most muscular I think you are throwing your symmetry off. Try spiking the front leg but bring it closer to the back leg and make sure the back leg is also flexed, so basically there is NO GAP between the legs, us smaller competitors do not want curtain showing between our legs, remember that on the front relaxed as well.

Finally I think side tri can be your best pose, great tris. But, Id come around a little more to show your abs (be sure to blow out) and your chest. Make sure the back arm is pushing agains the back pec to push it out, I hope that makes sense. The way you have it you almost disappear luckily that tri is big, but Id rotate a little more.

Same with side bi, Id rotate a bit towards the judges show some obliques and make sure that back arm is pushing that back peck out to make it look bigger.

Ill try to post a link tonight to some of these things.....just play with it. Presentation of a physique is important....not going to bring you from 6 to 1, but could bring your from 2 or 3 to 1, Ive seen it. Its all an illusion anyways....

See my legs in my avy for the front lat and theyd be similar on the front bi, try it...

BTW, I competed at around 135-138 so we are similar size.....good luck

Take care

Ss
                          Last edited by scoobysnacks; April 18, 2008, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by scoobysnacks View Post
                            Grump, Ive been following along. I dont think you look worse, just flat, your abs look leaner and so do your hamis in my opinion. Why dont you post the pics side by side and observe them. More than anything I think its a fullness issue.

If you do your final week right you can fill back out.

Just my opinion....
                            Ss
                            Scoobysnacks,

I was telling someone else, I don't know if the "flatness" was due to the fact that I was tired as crap when I took those pictures and couldn't hold a pose to save my life. Plus, yesterday was a leg day and I had just eaten.

I usually do my pictures on Chest Day which seems to have less impact on my ability to flex....lol

I was looking at poses side-by-side last night and thought most of my poses looked as good if not better EXCEPT my legs. They looked worse.

I think my back improved the most which just highlighted how crappy my legs looks.

I was noticing that where I was standing in the room changed which had a big impact on shadowing. I may have just looked better last week than I really was because of that extra shadowing being cast from standing in a different location....grrr

My legs, I've known were going to be a problem for about 5 weeks now. They were never trained properly and that is one reason I changed trainers recently. I can only do with those what I can do. I have a second show in June and hope that I can do some decent repair on them by then.

I'm waiting to see what my trainer has to say. I only sent him the pictures right after I posted them up here in the middle of the night

Comment

Scoobysnacks,

I was telling someone else, I don't know if the "flatness" was due to the fact that I was tired as crap when I took those pictures and couldn't hold a pose to save my life. Plus, yesterday was a leg day and I had just eaten.

I usually do my pictures on Chest Day which seems to have less impact on my ability to flex....lol

I was looking at poses side-by-side last night and thought most of my poses looked as good if not better EXCEPT my legs. They looked worse.

I think my back improved the most which just highlighted how crappy my legs looks.

I was noticing that where I was standing in the room changed which had a big impact on shadowing. I may have just looked better last week than I really was because of that extra shadowing being cast from standing in a different location....grrr

My legs, I've known were going to be a problem for about 5 weeks now. They were never trained properly and that is one reason I changed trainers recently. I can only do with those what I can do. I have a second show in June and hope that I can do some decent repair on them by then.

I'm waiting to see what my trainer has to say. I only sent him the pictures right after I posted them up here in the middle of the night
                              Grump, your legs are probably not as tight becuase training legs causes edema (water holding) thus blurring cuts. Thats a fact. Im sure thats all it is. Thats why you train legs sat or sun a week before the show and then rest them the whole week. They hold water worse than any other bodypart. When Im getting ready for a show they will be really cut when I start my workout and by the time Im done they are so full they show a fraction of that.

Good LUck

Comment

Working...
                              X