Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Any beginners need help, just ask

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alex A View Post
    Down to the wire Grumpwurst. I mean its all coming together for you. Hang tough to the end. In the off season maybe we can get a good plan together to put some size on you, and do another show
    Yep, down to the wire. Well, for this show at least. Then I have 6 weeks till The Oklahoman on June 14th.

I nervous as !@#$%^ though..... A lot of people are wondering why I'm even doing this since I'm a pretty introverted person who tries to avoid being the center of attention and now I'm going to put on a tiny pair of shorts and get on a stage....

Comment

• Originally posted by grumpwurst View Post
      Yep, down to the wire. Well, for this show at least. Then I have 6 weeks till The Oklahoman on June 14th.

I nervous as !@#$%^ though..... A lot of people are wondering why I'm even doing this since I'm a pretty introverted person who tries to avoid being the center of attention and now I'm going to put on a tiny pair of shorts and get on a stage....
      I feel you, and Im sure Alex has given you some awesome pointers, but I thought Id chime in because.....

I am an introvert too. Ive known this for many years, I get all my energy from me (I can sit by myself for hours and be content), my wife, total opposite, if we dont socialize at least once a week she gets down, gets her energy from others. Dont sweat it, once you get up there your competitive juices will take over and you wont even remember the crowd and those lights for the evening show are so bright you cant even really see past the first few rows. My wife says Im a totally different person when on stage, I soak up the attention and just put on my confident face (even if I dont feel that way). Remember, its still a STAGE, put on the act, confidence, smile and a little swagger. Dont be arrogant, but your smile should be a bit of a smirk as to say, look at this shot....

One other tip, when you come out and they say toes on the line or number, glance to see what everyone else is doing, then step a few inches in front of that, dont make it so evident that you get corrected, but this will put you ahead of everyone else slightly and when you hit the bicep shot or the lat spread you wont be hitting elbows, or worse risk having someones elses biceps in front of yours, Ive seen this happen to guys, and why they dont step up is beyond me. Anyways......just something Ive picked up along the way.....

Good Luck

Ss

Comment

• Alex,

Kudos! The guy you are helping looks great. I hear you on the have to get the glutes and hamis bigger if you want to see cuts, this is my problem right now.....and Im working on it, but not sure how much I can correct in the few months I have to actually bodybuild before I strip it down again.

Thanks for the reminder though.

You can see my rear double bi by clicking inside my profile, I think I have the same issues, just have to get them bigger.

Ss

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex A View Post
          No dobubt bro, sorry to even talk about this during your hard core prep man. Aaron from Mayhem told me your kicking some serous ass bro.

Great job man! Maybe you will get in shape early and can afford a little cheat though, screw it at that point you will look so good you wont want to. Wait till after you win! peace and keep in touch with your progress!
          No you can talk about it anytime or whenever it never bothers me that much as we choose to diet for shows so we have to be able to handle all the food stuff. Its just part of the deal.

Thanks alot bro, coming from you that means alot. This prep for the junior nats it has been my goal to try and get in the same ballpark condidioning wise as you got last year for nats....It was some sight to see man! It is my goal to be in the best condidtion of my life on stage....I don't care if I am last to me that is a BIG win...

Here is a quick pic I had to snap to send to MuscleTech for an update..I am weighing about 255 and I have 8 weeks to go!!..Congrats again on your sponsorship too!
          Attached Files
          THE OFFICIAL DC TRAINING!! AVAILABLE NOW! http://www.jasonwojo.com/dvd.html

Comment

• Originally posted by scoobysnacks View Post
            I hear you on the have to get the glutes and hamis bigger if you want to see cuts, this is my problem right now.....and Im working on it, but not sure how much I can correct in the few months I have to actually bodybuild before I strip it down again.
            My suggestion is heavy and hard deads, stiff legged deads, wide stand squats, and high foot placement heavy leg press.

Don't forget to stretch alot too....Oh almost forgot to tell you congrats on your win at the Northern KY, you looked really good man!

Comment

• Originally posted by grumpwurst View Post

its 7 weeks until June 14th!

Comment

• Originally posted by bulldog21 View Post
                No you can talk about it anytime or whenever it never bothers me that much as we choose to diet for shows so we have to be able to handle all the food stuff. Its just part of the deal.

Thanks alot bro, coming from you that means alot. This prep for the junior nats it has been my goal to try and get in the same ballpark condidioning wise as you got last year for nats....It was some sight to see man! It is my goal to be in the best condidtion of my life on stage....I don't care if I am last to me that is a BIG win...

Here is a quick pic I had to snap to send to MuscleTech for an update..I am weighing about 255 and I have 8 weeks to go!!..Congrats again on your sponsorship too!
                Yeah bro, well you are more than on your way. Things are looking great. you are a big dude and very compelete looking from what i can see.
                Sick condition is always something i strive fore. Like you said, even if the judges don't reward it with a win. The fans will always remember you for it. It looks like your on your way.

I mean look where your at compared to some others. There is no "being ready too early" you look great man, keep us updated.

Thanks about the Muscletech thing. It was my pics that got me the deal. I mean, i didnt send any in to them. I didnt even know they were looking for anyone.
                But i found out allot people sent pics in. I was contacted by them after they saw my pics on one of the boards. So my condition helped me get that deal.
                Anyways, glad things came together for you too. Just do your thing. Dont sacrifice any of the hard earned muscle. You have plenty but keep it all! and you will make big noise at the show. I wont be there to see you bro, but i will be at the USA, maybe see each other there or nationals.
                Get shredded! check out the transformations at
                www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Thanks again. I never got into bodybuilding to win anything. I just really wanted to get back into shape like you. You are right there is no being ready to early.

Yeah I never contacted MuscleTech either or sent them pics and they OM'd me out of the blue on MuscleMayhem. They had just signed Steve Kucklo and they wanted to sign me too. It was a pretty awesome feeling to be honest to be choosen.

I will for sure keep you updated and I hope to see you either at the USA's if Natalie and I make it out there or the Nationals in Atl.

Talk to you soon bro..

Originally posted by Alex A View Post
                  Yeah bro, well you are more than on your way. Things are looking great. you are a big dude and very compelete looking from what i can see.
                  Sick condition is always something i strive fore. Like you said, even if the judges don't reward it with a win. The fans will always remember you for it. It looks like your on your way.

I mean look where your at compared to some others. There is no "being ready too early" you look great man, keep us updated.

Thanks about the Muscletech thing. It was my pics that got me the deal. I mean, i didnt send any in to them. I didnt even know they were looking for anyone.
                  But i found out allot people sent pics in. I was contacted by them after they saw my pics on one of the boards. So my condition helped me get that deal.
                  Anyways, glad things came together for you too. Just do your thing. Dont sacrifice any of the hard earned muscle. You have plenty but keep it all! and you will make big noise at the show. I wont be there to see you bro, but i will be at the USA, maybe see each other there or nationals.

Comment

Thanks again. I never got into bodybuilding to win anything. I just really wanted to get back into shape like you. You are right there is no being ready to early.

Yeah I never contacted MuscleTech either or sent them pics and they OM'd me out of the blue on MuscleMayhem. They had just signed Steve Kucklo and they wanted to sign me too. It was a pretty awesome feeling to be honest to be choosen.

I will for sure keep you updated and I hope to see you either at the USA's if Natalie and I make it out there or the Nationals in Atl.

Talk to you soon bro..
                    I sent you a message and really rambled on bro, but you are right. I got into the competition aspect to get super conditioned and im hooked. I love competing and love the challenge of going against the best.

To me, that is what its all about. I dont want nothing easy. I want to work my ass off and go against the best. That pushes me hard to stay on track in my off season and to get my prep down perfect.

The muscletch thing was a huge thing for both of us. Amateurs dont get good things like this too often. I mean we are hooked up with a huge company that i want to be part of in the future.

One of the best things about this sport is the cool people that we meet along the way. We can all help and learn things from eachother.
                    lets keep in touch.
                    www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Originally posted by flexingtonsteele View Post
                      No dude you have some of the sickest glutes ive ever seen. I could stick a small child between the striations in your ass, its amazing bro.

But thats true, black guys do rely on their strengths. You never really hear about lazy white bodybuilders. I think its because they cant be lazy because of the things that you mentioned.

Just some food for thought

Thanks allot, I never really have worked specifically on the glutes, im lucky in a sense.
                      But i did put an all out effort into my prep for the show. And as i got leaner and leaner i just got stronger and mentally i could push very hard. I getin a zone that is like fighting a war.

Being lazy was not an option. For my prep, i work as if a million dollar prize is at stake. I will never be accused of coming in soft or out of shape. It just wont happen.
                      www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Originally posted by hulk7280 View Post
                        its 7 weeks until June 14th!
                        That's just my poor communication skills. I was trying to state that after I get done with my show on May 3rd, I'll have another 6 weeks until June 14

Comment

My suggestion is heavy and hard deads, stiff legged deads, wide stand squats, and high foot placement heavy leg press.

Don't forget to stretch alot too....Oh almost forgot to tell you congrats on your win at the Northern KY, you looked really good man!
                          Good calls, I have actually started doing all the above instinctively...except for the high placement, but I need to do that. I always go low and together for sweep as you cant have enough, but need to start hitting the leg press high too.

Thanks for the congrats. good luck at the jr nats, alex is right, you are looking great.

My next is probably 2008 Team U. Have some obstacles to overcome but I should be able to pull it off, we'll see.

Ss

Comment

Have some obstacles to overcome but I should be able to pull it off, we'll see.
                            Yeah, my biggest obstacle to this entire process is my job. My job requirements state that I can be put on the road at any time. Up till now it hasn't been in the company's best interest to have me traveling. But it starting to sound like that may come to an end.

The thing that is scaring me is that I may be on the road Monday, which would put me 5 days out from my 1st show and I won't have access to means to keep up iwth my diet, cardio, training or anything.

If it doesn't happen next week, it could happen during the 6wk period I'm trying to get ready for The Oklahoman on June 14. Nothing sucks more than having to back out of a competition because you aren't ready and you aren't ready because you cannot get to a gym or cooking facilities

Comment

Good calls, I have actually started doing all the above instinctively...except for the high placement, but I need to do that. I always go low and together for sweep as you cant have enough, but need to start hitting the leg press high too.

Thanks for the congrats. good luck at the jr nats, alex is right, you are looking great.

My next is probably 2008 Team U. Have some obstacles to overcome but I should be able to pull it off, we'll see.

Ss
                              Thanks bro! You will be ready for the Team U....Keep at it man!! Its such a great show....

Here try this for your sweep.....Start hitting the adductor machine heavy and hard and build up your upper inner thighs....this will help give your quads the "illusion" of sweep....You can do that while you change up your stances for your other quad lifts.

This is something that Dante (DOGGCRAPP) talks alot about for really putting some "sweep" on your quads.....I have been doing them for the past year and it has paid off big time for me as I have tendonitus so bad in my knees I can't do anythign heavy for my legs anymore....

Comment

Thanks bro! You will be ready for the Team U....Keep at it man!! Its such a great show....

Here try this for your sweep.....Start hitting the adductor machine heavy and hard and build up your upper inner thighs....this will help give your quads the "illusion" of sweep....You can do that while you change up your stances for your other quad lifts.

This is something that Dante (DOGGCRAPP) talks alot about for really putting some "sweep" on your quads.....I have been doing them for the past year and it has paid off big time for me as I have tendonitus so bad in my knees I can't do anythign heavy for my legs anymore....
                                Thanks for that tip man, I do these actually, but not real heavy, so you are saying just rock these real heavy, will do, whatever I can do to improve in the short time I have.

Checked out your site, looks really cool and well done, great pics too...

Comment

Working...
                                X