Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Any beginners need help, just ask

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by scoobysnacks View Post
    Thanks for that tip man, I do these actually, but not real heavy, so you are saying just rock these real heavy, will do, whatever I can do to improve in the short time I have.

Checked out your site, looks really cool and well done, great pics too...
    HA..thanks man but that is one of my good friends site, Jason Wojo, I did the official DC Training DVD with him last year. My name is Franco. His gf actually did the site she is a graphic designer and just finished up redesingning it..

Yeah why not try a little different intensity technique? Have you heard of rest pause set? Where you take the heaviest weight you can do and get a certain range of reps for that heavy weight...DO your first set...Take 15 breaths and do it again....15 breaths do it again......So say your total you wanted to get between 20-30 reps all together. You can try that with adductors. Take a heavy weight than you normally do and do the rest pause set and try to get an aggregate # of reps between 20-30.

For example say you put on 180...So your first set you get 14,15 breaths, next set 6, 15 breaths, next set 3. Your total is 23 reps...

Now of course don't go all crazy out fo control when moving the weight, nice and smooth and when you are out in the stretch try to hold it for a second or more then do another rep to get a good stretch but be careful with heavy weight you don't want to hurt yourself....

This is what has made all the difference in the world for my quad sweep...
    THE OFFICIAL DC TRAINING!! AVAILABLE NOW! http://www.jasonwojo.com/dvd.html

Comment

• Lean weight for figure 5'7

Hi! First off, hats of to you for being so nice to offer this. Next my question. Ive never competed and I have friends who have. I have lost alot of fat in the past two months. Im 28 5'7 and I am at around 10% fat. I weighed myself this morning and I weigh 135. What is a good lean tight weight for figure in the tall class?

Comment

• Originally posted by lourdesluviano View Post
        Hi! First off, hats of to you for being so nice to offer this. Next my question. Ive never competed and I have friends who have. I have lost alot of fat in the past two months. Im 28 5'7 and I am at around 10% fat. I weighed myself this morning and I weigh 135. What is a good lean tight weight for figure in the tall class?
        YOu are in very good shape, it sounds like it. 10% bodyfat is good body composition, especially for a female. Everyone has a different type of structure so its hard to say.

Figure classes as you know are based on height not weight. I go to all the shows here in California and there are many, and see all types of figure physiques, but i would say 125-135 is right in the range for your height.
        Get shredded! check out the transformations at
        www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Hey guys ! Just wanted to drop a post to tell you than I hate you all for talking about candy bars for 1 page long

sincerely, Stavios

Seriously tho, just wanted to say that I have been under Alex's guidance for nearly 4 weeks now and I think there have been some pretty good changes in that very short time !
          By far the easiest prep I have done for a show (I am almost never hungry), all that while getting great results and not being a bitch with my family and friends because I crave food like the other times I dieted for a show

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex A View Post
            Can you do any weight lifting? I mean for chest you can do cables and pushups and dips and if you can train other bodyparts that would be great

Bro, the only supps i would bother with right now is some protein powder. Get on a good eating plan and cardio, to keep fit and in shape. Then add some weights to your program. But first and fore most, get your eating plan in tackt. Then take it from there. Supps in my opinion are not necessary at this stage.
            yea i can do all other weights just not my pecs cause of the icd leads i just really want to get bck in some kind of shape any help woruld be great thanks

Comment

• What kind of exercises should I do to increase my ability to unrack the barbell when doing Flat BB Bench Press. It seems much harder to unrack the weight than to press it.

Comment

• Waxy Maize

Hey Alex. Thanks for your offer of help. Trying to get into contest shape for a show later this summer and found I am supposedly "holding" some subQ water. I have been told that Waximaixe or amylopectin will help pull the subQ under my skin.

Have you ever used this product or do you have any suggestions?

I am eating clean, drinking plenty of H20 and all that. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by PumpGirl View Post
                  Hey Alex. Thanks for your offer of help. Trying to get into contest shape for a show later this summer and found I am supposedly "holding" some subQ water. I have been told that Waximaixe or amylopectin will help pull the subQ under my skin.

Have you ever used this product or do you have any suggestions?

I am eating clean, drinking plenty of H20 and all that. Thoughts?

Thanks!
                  I dont believe in any of that stuff. But here is my honest opinion on being dry..

Get your bodyfat freakishly low and you will appear dry! Trust me.. The fact is that if your freaky lean, you will have a dry look. It might be easier said than done but trust me, it can be done!

When i get in great shape, i just dont hold water, i can drink it all day long and my body does not hold water the reason being...Im pretty damn lean
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Alex A; April 29, 2008, 11:32 PM.
                  www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Originally posted by stavios View Post
                    Hey guys ! Just wanted to drop a post to tell you than I hate you all for talking about candy bars for 1 page long

sincerely, Stavios

Seriously tho, just wanted to say that I have been under Alex's guidance for nearly 4 weeks now and I think there have been some pretty good changes in that very short time !
                    By far the easiest prep I have done for a show (I am almost never hungry), all that while getting great results and not being a bitch with my family and friends because I crave food like the other times I dieted for a show
                    You have a great physique to work with and allot of bodybuilding common sense so working with you is easy bro!

For 20 years old you are way ahead of the game.

Im glad your enjoying the diet.See to me, I believe in doing what is necessary as far as diet goes to get in shape.

i mean, I believe in suffering, working hard, deprivation if thats what it takes. But i have learned that does not mean that you have to eat allot of shitty tasting low carb food and suffer and be hungry.

I mean, you are eating very well and getting in great shape. By doing so, that translates into better workouts, more energy, and far better quality for life during those hard dieting months. Wait till you see your end result man!
                    www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Hey Stavios, I was wondering if you could post some pics from 4 weeks ago and some from now as I was very impressed with Mr. Bates pics over at Musclemayhem. Alex does seem to work wonders!

Comment

• If you want a good laugh, my wife taped me practicing my routine for this weekend. She was sort of tethered to the power outlet because the battery was dead so the angle wasn't ideal. And yes, I know that I need to work better on flexing my legs

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rharkness/2454790980/

Comment

• Horrible routine, but very nice crib bro!

Sometimes life is give and take.

Comment

• Originally posted by flexingtonsteele View Post
                            Horrible routine, but very nice crib bro!

Sometimes life is give and take.
                            Told you all my showmanship sucks.......

Right now I just want to have something because work left me no time to plan anything and it was stressing me out.

I had a feeling it sucked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maniak1027 View Post
                              Hey Stavios, I was wondering if you could post some pics from 4 weeks ago and some from now as I was very impressed with Mr. Bates pics over at Musclemayhem. Alex does seem to work wonders!
                              Hi Maniak1027, I prefer not to post any pictures until the show but after the show I will post some nice before and after shots

Comment

• Originally posted by stavios View Post
                                Hi Maniak1027, I prefer not to post any pictures until the show but after the show I will post some nice before and after shots
                                I agree, i personally don't post pics until Im in contests shape.
                                www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

Working...
                                X