Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Any beginners need help, just ask

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alex A View Post
    also a good rice cooker.
    My wife picked up this awesome rice cooker/steamer. Greatest investment yet. That sucker gets a solid workout. Plus, it's one device so less counterspace is taken up

Comment

• Cut my music down to 60 seconds and retooled my entire routine on Thursday night. There is no more moving around and I think I flow alot better (my wife agrees and didn't like my old routine either). Now I'm trying to get it ingrained into the memory banks.

Weighed in last night at 134lbs fully clothed and with shoes on. So, I'm figuring that I"m probably 130 unclothed.

Only 4 people in my weight class (165.25 and lower) and the only other person I met is weighing 165.

I'm obviously very nervous right now. Trainer has called me on several occasions to help keep me grounded in reality and focused on what is important (having fun, my family, and doing what we practiced)

Have to report to the show at 4:45PM CST. So, this may be my last post until after the show unless someone replies back in the next hour or so

Comment

• good luck grump!

keep us updated

Comment

• Hey Al, I know there are no formulas as everyone has different metabolisms....but could you give me some general numbers I could possibly run by.... I 240lbs and about 16-17%BF....I am about 20weeks away from my first show and 24 weeks from another! I have upped my carbs a bit (no actual number, but am eating more) and noticed I am fuller and a little leaner! Thanks brother!

PS
          Great work on Chris, can't wait to see contest pics and results! THanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Maniak1027 View Post
            Hey Al, I know there are no formulas as everyone has different metabolisms....but could you give me some general numbers I could possibly run by.... I 240lbs and about 16-17%BF....I am about 20weeks away from my first show and 24 weeks from another! I have upped my carbs a bit (no actual number, but am eating more) and noticed I am fuller and a little leaner! Thanks brother!

PS
            Great work on Chris, can't wait to see contest pics and results! THanks!
            it is somewhat impossible to give you accurate numbers based on the info you gave me. but i would shoot in the neighborhood of 1.5grams of carbs per pound for you if you have to come come down..personally i eat more than 2grams of carbs per pound all the way up to the show. everyone is different, and like you said, no one formula.

I dont even use a formula like that at all. I have a good eye with the guys i work with i just assess them by looking at them, and have figure it out from there.

for example chris. I nailed his diet really good. We have not had to cut one gram of carb from his diet since week12.

He is amazed and im pretty damn happy that i have not had to make him miserable. Its the prep that goes with it. The "supps" the training, the cardio. etc. all that factor into how much you get to eat. With my prep.

I think my formula of "supps" cardio, alllows you to eat much much more. So basically what im saying and if you ask chris.. If you want to eat allot of food, and be pretty happy and full during your prep follow the plan i use.

P.S. chris is looking super sharp!
            Get shredded! check out the transformations at
            www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• by the way check chris out
              Attached Files
              www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Damn the man is starting to look very vascular almost Alex like. Great job Chris and coach Alex.

Comment

• Wow Alex, u got that guy shredded. Nice job.

Hopefully you can do the same for a certain other message board member.

Comment

• Chris Looks awesome!

Thanks for the pics Alex......Chris looks awesome.....his offseason should go just as well!

Comment

• thanks for giving the guy propps. I mean he has worked hard and thats what it takes. I believe there are two things needed here. Knowing what to do, and working hard and doing it.

Many people only have one piece of the puzzle. Nothing worse than working your ass off only to come up short. I mean. i remember, i used to do twice the cardio, eat half as much food, bust my ass off for my preps and couldnt get as ripped as I do now

I want to thank him and those who put their trust in me to make the decisions for them.
                      www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Originally posted by flexingtonsteele View Post
                        good luck grump!

keep us updated
                        Here's the update.....

I weighed in at 130lbs. There wasn't a bantam weightclass so I was going up against a weightclass that topped out at 165.25.

The next heaviest dude in my class was 165.25.

I took 3rd place in both Novice and Open.

After the competition, I went and spoke to the head judge to find out what areas I need to improve.

I was told that I need to change nothing. That I had great symmetry, excellent conditioning and definition. The thing that hurt me was the 35lb weight difference. They were judging it as a lightweight class and I just wasn't a lightweight.

He went on to say that if I show up for the Oklahoman on June 14th the way that I was looking this weekend, it'll be "my night" and I'll be the one people will need to shoot to beat.

As I turned to leave, he told me that he wanted me to know that they almost gave me that I wasn't "blown away" by the competition and 2nd place was almost mine and to be proud that I hung with much heavier guys being that I was 130 lbs.

I hope to have pictures and video of my routine later tonight or tomorrow. Work is calling me back to reality.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex A View Post
                          thanks for giving the guy propps. I mean he has worked hard and thats what it takes. I believe there are two things needed here. Knowing what to do, and working hard and doing it.

Many people only have one piece of the puzzle. Nothing worse than working your ass off only to come up short. I mean. i remember, i used to do twice the cardio, eat half as much food, bust my ass off for my preps and couldnt get as ripped as I do now

I want to thank him and those who put their trust in me to make the decisions for them.
                          he does look really good, I want his leg conditioning, I can get the top I always struggle with the legs.....

Comment

• Im not surprised as a bantam myself you would make me worry a bit, I agree you have good symmetry and were in good condition from what i saw. You can always improve but for a first time it was good stuff....congrats to you!

Comment

• Thanks Scoobysnacks.

Granted, the guy who took 2nd was there for his 1st show also. The guy who took 1st was returning after a 2 year break.

I hope I can get the pics off teh camera today so people can see how I stood next to two guys 35lbs heavier than me.

I was just glad that the day I needed them to, my legs were flexing the best they ever had. My wife told me afterwards that she has never seen them look so good during my mandatories as they did when I was getting judged.

I'm limping today because I feel like I ran a marathon. Sore calves, quads and hamstrings

Comment

• Nice job grumps, is this going to be your only show or are u going to do that oklahoman??

Congrats on what you did this weekend.

P.S..........Hopefully u didnt look gay at any time during your routine!

Comment

Working...
                                X