Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Any beginners need help, just ask

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by flexingtonsteele View Post
    Nice job grumps, is this going to be your only show or are u going to do that oklahoman??


    Congrats on what you did this weekend.


    P.S..........Hopefully u didnt look gay at any time during your routine!
    I am currently back in training mode for The Oklahoman. I need to see how I'll stack up against people closer to my weight. The only thing standing in my way is work.

    After the Oklahoman, we are going to re-evaluate whether or not I should do the Red River Classic in October or spend 12 months building for the 2009 Battle of the Bodies.

    All I was told was to come to the Oklahoman as I did to this past show. We are going to try and improve on that. Get my legs showing better. I had such a hard time with my right quad not wanting to cooperate.

    As far as looking gay at any part of my routine. As soon as I can pull the video off the camera, I'll put it up here for you all to critique. I know it was pretty rough for a routine that was thrown together the day before, but it was better than the previous one.

    It at least got crowd reaction. Nothing is worse than hearing nothing but your wife cheering...haha

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Alex A View Post
      for example chris. I nailed his diet really good. We have not had to cut one gram of carb from his diet since week12.

      He is amazed and im pretty damn happy that i have not had to make him miserable. Its the prep that goes with it. The "supps" the training, the cardio. etc. all that factor into how much you get to eat. With my prep.

      I think my formula of "supps" cardio, alllows you to eat much much more. So basically what im saying and if you ask chris.. If you want to eat allot of food, and be pretty happy and full during your prep follow the plan i use.

      P.S. chris is looking super sharp!
      Thanks for the props guys. At a time like this, it means a lot.

      I cant say enough about Alex's methods. Ive tried several different methods myself and ive helped quite a few competitive bodybuilders but Ive never been able to diet on the amount of carbs im taking in and only 1 cardio session. Its made things extremely easy compared to the usual.....25-50 g of carbs the last 4 weeks, 1.5 hours of cardio, etc.

      Im really looking forward to the offseason and hopefully making the jump to the HW class soon. You can rest assure, ill be listening to every word Alex says.......as long as there is an occasional piece of pizza or cheesecake involved....lol.

      Alex, your the man bro!
      TROPONIN NUTRITIONIST

      Comment


      • Well im very new to lifting. I havent lifted sreiously since high school. I am wanting to get back to it not only for my health but because i want to look good again. In 2005 i broke a vertabrae in the lower L5 and i couldnt do anything for over a year, till after i had the surgery. I need help finding a routine that is a little user friendly for the mid section mostly. But i am also interested in a good chest and arm workout.. My back is better since the surgery but i dont want to re-injure what has been fixed.. So all the help i can get would be great and very appreciated..

        Comment


        • Originally posted by cfox View Post
          Thanks for the props guys. At a time like this, it means a lot.

          I cant say enough about Alex's methods. Ive tried several different methods myself and ive helped quite a few competitive bodybuilders but Ive never been able to diet on the amount of carbs im taking in and only 1 cardio session. Its made things extremely easy compared to the usual.....25-50 g of carbs the last 4 weeks, 1.5 hours of cardio, etc.

          Im really looking forward to the offseason and hopefully making the jump to the HW class soon. You can rest assure, ill be listening to every word Alex says.......as long as there is an occasional piece of pizza or cheesecake involved....lol.

          Alex, your the man bro!
          No thank you man! you have worked hard, you ask all the right questions and have been a great guy to work with.

          We nailed your diet bro! your eating a ton of food and look great! I doubt your going to get out conditioned at a regional show. Thats for sure...Your very complete too.

          Off season we will work on putting the size you requested. It will be easy for me to work with you because you listen so well and respond to what should work! Im proud of your efforts and the results.

          Im totally serious bro, you look allot better than I expected! that makes me happy. Lets finish strong and we will work in the off season on what we talked about.
          Get shredded! check out the transformations at
          www.prepbyalex.com

          Comment


          • Here are some pictures my wife took a mere couple hours before we headed to the check-in at the contest on Saturday. My trainer wanted to get a peek at me before I wolfed down too many rice cakes...haha

            Had to use the flash so I'm a bit washed out and my wife towers over me so it makes me look even more the hobbit than I really am.

            I hope to get more pictures from my time on the stage later
            Attached Files

            Comment


            • Originally posted by cfox View Post
              Thanks for the props guys. At a time like this, it means a lot.

              I cant say enough about Alex's methods. Ive tried several different methods myself and ive helped quite a few competitive bodybuilders but Ive never been able to diet on the amount of carbs im taking in and only 1 cardio session. Its made things extremely easy compared to the usual.....25-50 g of carbs the last 4 weeks, 1.5 hours of cardio, etc.

              Im really looking forward to the offseason and hopefully making the jump to the HW class soon. You can rest assure, ill be listening to every word Alex says.......as long as there is an occasional piece of pizza or cheesecake involved....lol.

              Alex, your the man bro!

              You look great bro, your definetely an inspiration for me as I go into my first show. I would love to achieve your type of conditioning.

              Good luck at your show and this offseason!

              Comment


              • Looking good grumps, dude no way you were 130lbs there, I would have atleast thought you were 136lbs or more

                Great conditioning though, I could even see some detail in your hams, good job man! How about the glutes?? were they shredded?? U had the shorts on way too big. Come on bro, u know guys want to see that shredded ass!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Alex A View Post
                  by the way check chris out
                  He looks spectacular !!!! Awesome condition and very aesthetic physique

                  nice job

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by flexingtonsteele View Post
                    Looking good grumps, dude no way you were 130lbs there, I would have atleast thought you were 136lbs or more

                    Great conditioning though, I could even see some detail in your hams, good job man! How about the glutes?? were they shredded?? U had the shorts on way too big. Come on bro, u know guys want to see that shredded ass!
                    Please don't laugh but those were the SMALLEST posing trunks I could buy off of Bodybuilding.com and they became too big the week before the competition. I now am wearing a 26" waist with some room to spare.....

                    I was so embarrassed when I saw those pics and it looked like I was wearing saggy old undies. I'm going to need to find another source for trunk for The Oklahoman so I can get a pair that fits my tiny ass waist.

                    In all honesty, I weighted in at 133.5 fully clothed and with shoes on. I just estimated that it must've been more like 130 if I subtracted the weight of my clothes and shoes. The guy operating the scales said there was no need for me to take clothes off unless i came in over my desire weightclass.

                    My wife thinks that it probably was more like 131 or 132, but to me, close enough.

                    The guys that I competed against thought I was more like 145-150lbs.

                    As far as how shredded my ass was, there was still a little meat to lose on the bottom of my glutes where they connect to my hammies, but I had some striations going on. Needless to say, it hurt to sit for any length of time because I lost all my cushion on my backside.

                    [EDITED] To correct my waist size...... I'm a 26" not 36"

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Alex A View Post
                      Im totally serious bro, you look allot better than I expected! that makes me happy.
                      As I'm finding from working with my trainer, you guys really like it when we clients turn out better than expected

                      I hope to one day learn as much as people like you, Alex, know so I can "pay it forward" to other people one day.

                      I'm having as much fun learning about my body and how it works as I have doing the training and getting on stage.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by grumpwurst View Post
                        Please don't laugh but those were the SMALLEST posing trunks I could buy off of Bodybuilding.com and they became too big the week before the competition. I now am wearing a 26" waist with some room to spare.....

                        I was so embarrassed when I saw those pics and it looked like I was wearing saggy old undies. I'm going to need to find another source for trunk for The Oklahoman so I can get a pair that fits my tiny ass waist.

                        In all honesty, I weighted in at 133.5 fully clothed and with shoes on. I just estimated that it must've been more like 130 if I subtracted the weight of my clothes and shoes. The guy operating the scales said there was no need for me to take clothes off unless i came in over my desire weightclass.

                        My wife thinks that it probably was more like 131 or 132, but to me, close enough.

                        The guys that I competed against thought I was more like 145-150lbs.

                        As far as how shredded my ass was, there was still a little meat to lose on the bottom of my glutes where they connect to my hammies, but I had some striations going on. Needless to say, it hurt to sit for any length of time because I lost all my cushion on my backside.

                        [EDITED] To correct my waist size...... I'm a 26" not 36"
                        all jokes aside bro, great job!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by grumpwurst View Post
                          As I'm finding from working with my trainer, you guys really like it when we clients turn out better than expected

                          I hope to one day learn as much as people like you, Alex, know so I can "pay it forward" to other people one day.

                          I'm having as much fun learning about my body and how it works as I have doing the training and getting on stage.
                          Competing is a learning process. I keep learning and improving myself. Each year a do something a bit different to keep making gains and showing better. You guys are getting me really excited about this years shows. Keep working hard and being open to feedback grump...

                          Stavios: thanks man! we appreciate that

                          Flexingtonsteele: Same bro! your guys support means allot
                          Get shredded! check out the transformations at
                          www.prepbyalex.com

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Alex A View Post
                            Competing is a learning process. I keep learning and improving myself. Each year a do something a bit different to keep making gains and showing better. You guys are getting me really excited about this years shows. Keep working hard and being open to feedback grump...

                            Stavios: thanks man! we appreciate that

                            Flexingtonsteele: Same bro! your guys support means allot

                            Comment


                            • Hello I wanted some info on dave palubo's diet as it is all the rage for fat loss. I was actually thinking about using a keto diet. My goal is to compete this year. I currently weigh in at 160 and 10% bf. Small guy I know, but I'm a little confused about that as well. I want to compete more than anything I've ever wanted in my life, EVER! It sucks being this small but I'm getting so close. 20 weeks ago I weighed in at 190 and 19% bf so I'm getting there. Do you think keto diets work and if so could you tell mewhere I can find a SPECIFIC out line as I will no t follow someone ideas unless I can actually see a plan in front of me. Thanks

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by milkhouse View Post
                                Hello I wanted some info on dave palubo's diet as it is all the rage for fat loss. I was actually thinking about using a keto diet. My goal is to compete this year. I currently weigh in at 160 and 10% bf. Small guy I know, but I'm a little confused about that as well. I want to compete more than anything I've ever wanted in my life, EVER! It sucks being this small but I'm getting so close. 20 weeks ago I weighed in at 190 and 19% bf so I'm getting there. Do you think keto diets work and if so could you tell mewhere I can find a SPECIFIC out line as I will no t follow someone ideas unless I can actually see a plan in front of me. Thanks
                                Yeah I guess you dont know me very well. Look at my pics on my website from all my shows www.prepbyalex.com

                                and look at the guys i work with...one guy is a few days from his show and has been working with me, with my diet. And his pics are posted right on the previous page of this thead.

                                THe diet i use is HIGH in carbs, not low. And do you see any condition problems on me or him?

                                See im sure Keto diets work if you are guided propperly. You just have to get used to eating almost zero carbs and a ton of fat.

                                But you cant just look at some link or some other guys diet and follow it and get in contest shape? I hope thats not what your trying to do..

                                I prommiss you will be dissapointed, that is for sure. Like ive said before, I have done all types of diets, low carb, etc. And my favorite diet is the moderate/high carb, low fat diet..

                                I mean, my bodfat gets as low as it can go and im pressing poundage as if I was a fat guy in the off season. So, think carefully about what your going to do. Just some advise.
                                Get shredded! check out the transformations at
                                www.prepbyalex.com

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X