Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Any beginners need help, just ask

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got my pictures from the competition off the camera and uploaded to my Flickr account.

The pictures that have me in them can be found here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/rharkness/tags/me/

Comment

• Hello Alex,

I'm trying to bulk up and hope to get some suggestions. I've been on my current diet since January 22nd. I weighed 160 ibs then and I weigh 162 today. Here's my diet breakdown.

4 eggs 320 cal. 28.5g protein
      Chicken breast 220 cal. 38g protein
      2 Myoplex bars 660 cal. 60g protein 70g C
      vegetables 75 cal 5g protein 20g C
      spaghetti 363 cal 13.3g protein 71g C
      Rice 216 cal 5g protein 45g C
      OJ 112 cal.
      Milk 122 cal. 8.1g Protein 11g C
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------
      2123 cal. 158g Protein 217g Carbs

I added 2 pieces of wheat toast to go with my eggs last month, but still no change in body weight. I eat every three hours, 8,11,3,6 and at 10pm. The chicken and spaghetti get rotated with meat and other pasta foods during the week. Do I need to add more carbs to my diet?

I'm 5'7 and I workout 4-5 days a week. I also haven't been loosing body fat either. My stomach is still the same size as it was 4 moth ago.

My routine.
      chest/back on monday
      arms on wednesday
      shoulders/calves thursday
      hams/quads friday
      arms on saturday.

Thanks
      Jason
      Jason
      http://www.ironmaglabs.com/

Comment

• I'm interested to see what Alex says, but I can tell you that on my diet (provided by my trainer) has me eating 8 egg whites daily and NO pasta and NO milk unless it's related to my cheat meal (off-season only).

How is that dietary listing broken out? That cannot be one meal?

Comment

• That is my dietary list.
          I eat 4 eggs 2 peice of toast 8am
          1 6 ounce steak or chicken and veggies 11am
          protein bar at 3
          steak chicken with rice and veggies or pasta at 5-6 pm
          protein bar at 10pm.
          Jason

Comment

• Well, I'm definitely no expert, but I know in the off-season, when my trainer is going to have me start eating and training like a middleweight, I'm going to be eating a hell of a lot more protein than the current 6oz of meat that I'm eating now.

I think your protein is low. I'm curious what others will say

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkhrse99 View Post
              That is my dietary list.
              I eat 4 eggs 2 peice of toast 8am
              1 6 ounce steak or chicken and veggies 11am
              protein bar at 3
              steak chicken with rice and veggies or pasta at 5-6 pm
              protein bar at 10pm.
              If your trying to gain weight you need more carbs bro and more healthy fats, with your diet you have now, im suprised that your not losing weight.

Like for example I'd edit it like this

I eat 4 eggs 2 peice of toast 8am ( 5 eggs and 1 cup of oatmeal )
              1 6 ounce steak or chicken and veggies 11am ( and add one cup of rice )
              protein bar at 3 ( protein shake with 1/3 cup almonds and 40gr waxy maize ) ** Im assuming this is after u train **
              steak chicken with rice and veggies or pasta at 5-6 pm ( Have a potatoe instead of pasta )
              ***** Before bed have another shake with a 1/3 cup of almonds*****

Alex's advice is probably going to differ from mine but thats just adjusting what your already doing to give u some gains.

Good luck
              protein bar at 10pm

Comment

• mmmmm.....almonds...

I won't get to see them for another 5.5 weeks

Comment

• Originally posted by flexingtonsteele View Post
                  If your trying to gain weight you need more carbs bro and more healthy fats, with your diet you have now, im suprised that your not losing weight.

Like for example I'd edit it like this

I eat 4 eggs 2 peice of toast 8am ( 5 eggs and 1 cup of oatmeal )
                  1 6 ounce steak or chicken and veggies 11am ( and add one cup of rice )
                  protein bar at 3 ( protein shake with 1/3 cup almonds and 40gr waxy maize ) ** Im assuming this is after u train **
                  steak chicken with rice and veggies or pasta at 5-6 pm ( Have a potatoe instead of pasta )
                  ***** Before bed have another shake with a 1/3 cup of almonds*****

Alex's advice is probably going to differ from mine but thats just adjusting what your already doing to give u some gains.

Good luck
                  protein bar at 10pm
                  why would you have almonds after ur workout? this will just slow down digetstion which is exactly what you DONT want to happen

Comment

• Originally posted by hulk7280 View Post
                    why would you have almonds after ur workout? this will just slow down digetstion which is exactly what you DONT want to happen

I completely agree....You should be taking in carbs to replenish glycogen stores....no fat at this time when you are most insulin sensitive.....
                    THE OFFICIAL DC TRAINING!! AVAILABLE NOW! http://www.jasonwojo.com/dvd.html

Comment

• Originally posted by hulk7280 View Post
                      My bad about the almonds, that was a typo.

Comment

• hey Jason, i will get back to you asap. I will have to let Bulldog, Flexingtonsteele and grumpwurst take over for a day or two. as Im racing out the door for my long drive up north to the Contra Costa Show in Haward.
                        This is a huge show in California and have to be there. Im in a bit of a hurry but wanted to share Chris progress with you. hes 2 days out and starting to load you can see he can fill out allot, condition is sweet!
                        pics taken yesterday morning.
                        Attached Files
                        Get shredded! check out the transformations at
                        www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Chris is looking awesome

Comment

• Thanks for the reply Alex.

Chris is F'n shredded!!!
                            Jason

Comment

• awesome conditionning !!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkhrse99 View Post
                                Hello Alex,

I'm trying to bulk up and hope to get some suggestions. I've been on my current diet since January 22nd. I weighed 160 ibs then and I weigh 162 today. Here's my diet breakdown.

4 eggs 320 cal. 28.5g protein
                                Chicken breast 220 cal. 38g protein
                                2 Myoplex bars 660 cal. 60g protein 70g C
                                vegetables 75 cal 5g protein 20g C
                                spaghetti 363 cal 13.3g protein 71g C
                                Rice 216 cal 5g protein 45g C
                                OJ 112 cal.
                                Milk 122 cal. 8.1g Protein 11g C
                                ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                                2123 cal. 158g Protein 217g Carbs

I added 2 pieces of wheat toast to go with my eggs last month, but still no change in body weight. I eat every three hours, 8,11,3,6 and at 10pm. The chicken and spaghetti get rotated with meat and other pasta foods during the week. Do I need to add more carbs to my diet?

I'm 5'7 and I workout 4-5 days a week. I also haven't been loosing body fat either. My stomach is still the same size as it was 4 moth ago.

My routine.
                                chest/back on monday
                                arms on wednesday
                                shoulders/calves thursday
                                hams/quads friday
                                arms on saturday.

Thanks
                                Jason
                                Jason, if your trying to bulk up, i would definetly eat every 2 hours instead of every 3

I would still try to keep it tight by doing doing some cardio and keeping things clean. See, i only believe in bulking clean, thats just my style. Se the last thing I want to do is put on allot of weight that im going to have to take off when i start dieting for a show. I do believe in eating up off season but my goals are more likely different than yours..

So for sure, get atleast 2 extra meals in there. And for sure, up your protein and carbs each meal. Off season, i eat almost nothing but steak or lean ground beef, egg whites with one or two yolks and one maybe two shakes a day with non fat milk
                                Get shredded! check out the transformations at
                                www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

Working...
                                X