Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Any beginners need help, just ask

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bangin' my head tryin to loose lbs and gain at the same time

    Hey all, I have been in and out of this sport for years. I am now 41, have had my share of ups and downs, serious traumas to my body,
    (92' motorcycle crash, damn near killed me..95' head on with a tow truck,)
    Anyway I'm full of pins and plates and bionic items.. I just keep running from the pain and won't let arthritis catch me. I am currently training with a personal trainer in my town. (Earl Crosswhite Jr.) He has put me through my paces to say the least. I have asked for no mercy and he has given none..(I love it), like I tell him, the pain I feel is just the fear running from my body..!!! Ok Now on-to what I am needing.. We work out 3 times a week, he helps with motivation and we are trying to lean me out. Experimenting with heavy days, and light days, mixing in HIIT between sets. I do about 30 to 45 mins of cardio on my off days and try to hit it right after or sessions too.I workout in the mornings because I work during the nights. I know my eating schedule is all jacked up. I try to watch what and when I eat. I am just having serious troubles cutting my fat down. I have noticiable gains in strength and I think some of my veins are trying to pop out.. I just can't seem to loose the belly fat and spare tire.. Is there anything I can do to speed this up.? I am 41, is it too late to have a nice physique. I know I may never look like my trainer, but a nice solid cut physique would be cool..Thx

    Comment


    • Swimming to burn bodyfat.

      ALEX,

      for postworkout cardio i usuall do cardio machines light for 40 minutes with heartrate in the 120 beat area.

      what do you think about light breast stroke swimming after weight workout. im talking like swimming paddling for about 20 ft across a small pull resting about 20-30 seconds and swimming back.

      would the fat burning process be just as good?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by spiderman405 View Post
        what do you think about light breast stroke swimming after weight workout. im talking like swimming paddling for about 20 ft across a small pull resting about 20-30 seconds and swimming back.

        would the fat burning process be just as good?
        I was always told that swimming, in general, was counter-productive to to the goals of the typical bodybuilder. So, I'm curious as to what some of our more experienced and learned members have to say.

        I know that I"d have a heck of a time keeping my heartrate low in a pool. For some reason even low intensity paddling in water drives my heartrate through the roof.

        But, it really doesn't matter for me. Sometime about 10 years ago I developed a real sensitivity to chlorine. If I go swimming my skin starts to burn and itch later. It doesn't even matter if I jump in the shower right afterwards. So, I haven't really been in a pool or water park since. It really had nothing to do with the fact that I can reflect the sun with my milky white skin and up until recently had a very embarassing figure...haha

        Comment


        • Originally posted by executioner View Post
          Hey all, I have been in and out of this sport for years. I am now 41, have had my share of ups and downs, serious traumas to my body,
          (92' motorcycle crash, damn near killed me..95' head on with a tow truck,)
          Anyway I'm full of pins and plates and bionic items.. I just keep running from the pain and won't let arthritis catch me. I am currently training with a personal trainer in my town. (Earl Crosswhite Jr.) He has put me through my paces to say the least. I have asked for no mercy and he has given none..(I love it), like I tell him, the pain I feel is just the fear running from my body..!!! Ok Now on-to what I am needing.. We work out 3 times a week, he helps with motivation and we are trying to lean me out. Experimenting with heavy days, and light days, mixing in HIIT between sets. I do about 30 to 45 mins of cardio on my off days and try to hit it right after or sessions too.I workout in the mornings because I work during the nights. I know my eating schedule is all jacked up. I try to watch what and when I eat. I am just having serious troubles cutting my fat down. I have noticiable gains in strength and I think some of my veins are trying to pop out.. I just can't seem to loose the belly fat and spare tire.. Is there anything I can do to speed this up.? I am 41, is it too late to have a nice physique. I know I may never look like my trainer, but a nice solid cut physique would be cool..Thx
          Im curious, what does your trainer think?
          Get shredded! check out the transformations at
          www.prepbyalex.com

          Comment


          • Originally posted by spiderman405 View Post
            ALEX,

            for postworkout cardio i usuall do cardio machines light for 40 minutes with heartrate in the 120 beat area.

            what do you think about light breast stroke swimming after weight workout. im talking like swimming paddling for about 20 ft across a small pull resting about 20-30 seconds and swimming back.

            would the fat burning process be just as good?
            Swimming is going to burn calories and burn fat. I think its a good idea, I would keep the sessions lower in duration but steady. Start off low and work up a bit. Im sure your going to get your heart rate up and burn major calories...
            Get shredded! check out the transformations at
            www.prepbyalex.com

            Comment


            • Hey guys, I just wanted to pop in here to thank Alex for everything he has done for me. Ive been at this game for quite some time and have a pretty good knowledge base of how to do things, but i have to say Alex made this by far the easiest and best prep ive ever had.

              My plan is to work with him this offseason and see what we can put together for next year.

              Here's a couple shots before prejudging.
              Attached Files
              TROPONIN NUTRITIONIST

              Comment


              • Chris,

                What did you end up weighing in at? Your pics look awesome. Dramatic darkening of color from the last pictures and I envy your quads. You get both of them flexing at the same intensity. My darn right leg just wants to stay smooth while my left (dominant) is ripped.

                I hope you did as well or better than you expected at your contest

                Comment


                • Originally posted by grumpwurst View Post
                  Chris,

                  What did you end up weighing in at? Your pics look awesome. Dramatic darkening of color from the last pictures and I envy your quads. You get both of them flexing at the same intensity. My darn right leg just wants to stay smooth while my left (dominant) is ripped.

                  I hope you did as well or better than you expected at your contest
                  I ended up weighing 187....lol. When i left my house just a few hours before i was 190 on my scales.....go figure. Thats including the meals and water i had in between then.
                  TROPONIN NUTRITIONIST

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by cfox View Post
                    I ended up weighing 187....lol. When i left my house just a few hours before i was 190 on my scales.....go figure. Thats including the meals and water i had in between then.
                    It's weird how the body behaves. I talked to one person who told me they were 195 the day before weigh-in and then ended up 182 the next morning.

                    We also have to trust that the scales used at weigh-in are properly calibrated compared to the scale at home.

                    You look awesome at 187. I couldn't imagine myself ever weighing that much...LOL

                    Comment


                    • Thanks Alex. I'll diffenitly up the meals.
                      Jason
                      http://www.ironmaglabs.com/

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Darkhrse99 View Post
                        Thanks Alex. I'll diffenitly up the meals.
                        Let me know how your diet is going
                        Get shredded! check out the transformations at
                        www.prepbyalex.com

                        Comment


                        • Welcome back to the boards Alex! I hope everything went well with all the running around last week

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by grumpwurst View Post
                            Welcome back to the boards Alex! I hope everything went well with all the running around last week
                            Things have been busy because i have a guy doing the Cal State Championships which will be here in los Angeles in one week. Plus last weekend i was up north at the show in Haward. Its been busy, but i like it that way. Lots of shows coming up too....i will keep you guys updated. thanks
                            Get shredded! check out the transformations at
                            www.prepbyalex.com

                            Comment


                            • Hows my diet?
                              9 30 2 scoops of whey with bannana and 2 tbs of pb
                              10 30 6 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, bowl of kashi cereal
                              2 30 2 pieces of chicken with olive oil and 100g of whole wheat pasta
                              5 00 2 pieces of chicken with olive oil and 100g of whole wheat pasta
                              6-730 lift
                              PW 2 scoops of whey with 2 tbs of pb
                              8 30 2 pieces of chicken with olive oil and 100g of whole wheat pasta
                              And then before bed a scoop of casein

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by bagels24 View Post
                                Hows my diet?
                                9 30 2 scoops of whey with bannana and 2 tbs of pb
                                10 30 6 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, bowl of kashi cereal
                                2 30 2 pieces of chicken with olive oil and 100g of whole wheat pasta
                                5 00 2 pieces of chicken with olive oil and 100g of whole wheat pasta
                                6-730 lift
                                PW 2 scoops of whey with 2 tbs of pb
                                8 30 2 pieces of chicken with olive oil and 100g of whole wheat pasta
                                And then before bed a scoop of casein
                                why all the oil and peanut butter? 100g of pasta with chicken and olive oil at 8:30 pm, sounds like your trying to fatten up
                                Get shredded! check out the transformations at
                                www.prepbyalex.com

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X