Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Any beginners need help, just ask

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by grumpwurst View Post
    Thanks Alex!

I can say one thing, this last 2 weeks is much more grueling than the last time. I'm getting one-on-one daily training from my trainer and almost daily assessments of my physique and dietary changes (believe it or not, I'm still eating 18oz of steak a day just to keep me from dropping below 130lbs)

But, the unfortable level is 10x worse than last time, but the camera is telling me I'm 10x better looking than last time.

Here's hoping these last 10 days keep going in the right direction. I really have a hard time figuring out how I stack up because there aren't alot of pictures of other 130lb dudes out there. I think Scoobysnacks is the only other bantam I have seen regular shots of.
    Grump. Dont worry about what weight class your in man. just do what you are doing. I have not seen a solid bantam like you in a while. You are very shredded..Your weight is deceiving..Dont play any size game here. You need to just go win this one.
    Then, some nice off season plan should be put into effect. Next year come back a bit bigger, rounder, fuller. Nothing crazy. Take a few years..Remember its Quality not Quantity..
    Get shredded! check out the transformations at
    www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex A View Post
      Grump. Dont worry about what weight class your in man. just do what you are doing. I have not seen a solid bantam like you in a while. You are very shredded..Your weight is deceiving..Dont play any size game here. You need to just go win this one.
      Then, some nice off season plan should be put into effect. Next year come back a bit bigger, rounder, fuller. Nothing crazy. Take a few years..Remember its Quality not Quantity..
      Thanks Alex! It's nice hearing things like that. When you are in a gym full of 200+ pounders, one can feel like a mouse among men at times.

I always give 110% and have the attitude in my training that I'm going to win the over-all title not just my bantam weightclass. So, therefore, I try to come in as dry and shredded as possible.

And the off-season plan goes into full effect in 10 days! I just don't know what it is yet other than more food

I know that it's Quality not Quantity. In fact, I have to keep reminding myself that my new mantra is....

It's now how much I lift, it's the quality of the reps. That will give me the quality muscle that I'm shooting for

Comment

• grump you look quality!

ready to rock and roll shredded.

Comment

• Chris you looked incredible man, very good job to you and alex

Comment

• Alex, we have talked some about contest. I know you believe in carbs to give you the energy you need to do cardio to burn fat. I was wondering if you do carb cycleing in your diets. Like low carbs for 3 days n high carb for 3 days. Just curious, i am doing a warm up show next wkend to play with my diet and then i will be 7wks out from my main concern. A BIG DIAMOND RING with a lot of bragging rights.

Comment

• Originally posted by candidate View Post
              alex i see the amazing conditioning stavy here is already in, and i seen the pics of you befor eyour last contest... this is the kind of conditioning i will want when i get on stage !

question though... i dont react so wel to carbohydrates... and i couldnt imagine eating them in a cut diet.... is there soemthing special you can do for your clients to help them get past this issue ? becausse ive heard you say before you have all your clients go with the higher carb and protein lower fat diet
              I won't get into details about Alex's diet plan, but I believe anyone can eat carbs with his plan.

if you follow the plan 100%, the results will be there.
              I have to say it is the first time I follow a diet 100%, usually I don't trust much the prep guys that I had and I changed a few things that I felt weren't right.

I am 100% sure you can eat carbs like anyone else

Comment

• Originally posted by stavios View Post
                Chris you looked incredible man, very good job to you and alex
                Thanks Stavios. I cant remember where but i think i saw a recent pic of you as well. Great balance, lines and condition.

When is your show?
                TROPONIN NUTRITIONIST

Comment

• Originally posted by cfox View Post
                  Thanks Stavios. I cant remember where but i think i saw a recent pic of you as well. Great balance, lines and condition.

When is your show?

thanks Chris !

my show is in 4 weeks, still have time to get in good shape.
                  It sucks cause I am basicly training for second place now that I saw how my friend looks like under his clothes. he has 15 pounds on me WHILE being 2 inches shorter... I am pretty much fucked

I'll still do it tho, for myself to see where I can push it in term of condition !

Comment

stav im leaning out like you suggested i should.. once i get lean im gonna try doing a higher carb/protein lower fat diet...

yeah don't do my mistakes man, you will have shitty off-seasons if you do.
                    as soon as you see you are getting too fat, diet down and then afterward you can up your calories again

Comment

• Originally posted by stavios View Post
                      thanks Chris !

my show is in 4 weeks, still have time to get in good shape.
                      It sucks cause I am basicly training for second place now that I saw how my friend looks like under his clothes. he has 15 pounds on me WHILE being 2 inches shorter... I am pretty much fucked

I'll still do it tho, for myself to see where I can push it in term of condition !
                      Stop the negative thinking right now! Do not sabbatoge all your hard work. You have to believe that you are gonna win or your body will start fighting you......i really believe that.

Does he have your conditioning though? Dont let it play head games with you. Get yourself in the freakiest condition possible these next 4 weeks and see what happens.
                      TROPONIN NUTRITIONIST

Comment

• Originally posted by cfox View Post
                        Stop the negative thinking right now! Do not sabbatoge all your hard work. You have to believe that you are gonna win or your body will start fighting you......i really believe that.

Does he have your conditioning though? Dont let it play head games with you. Get yourself in the freakiest condition possible these next 4 weeks and see what happens.

Very true chris you are right, I'll have to work my ass off even more to get super shredded !

yeah he is lean also, same bf% as me right now but much bigger. he is as good as Antoine (another junior from around here, he post his pics on the boards also)

Comment

alex i see the amazing conditioning stavy here is already in, and i seen the pics of you befor eyour last contest... this is the kind of conditioning i will want when i get on stage !

question though... i dont react so wel to carbohydrates... and i couldnt imagine eating them in a cut diet.... is there soemthing special you can do for your clients to help them get past this issue ? becausse ive heard you say before you have all your clients go with the higher carb and protein lower fat diet
                          To be honest, i usually try the moderate/high carbs as long as it works but I have used the lower carb diets with success.

They are just not my type of diet because I feel anything extreme is not necessary.. Anything extreme is not necessary i.e extreme amounts of cardio, extreme amounts of "supps"
                          Very low carb is extreme. So is very high carb. But my prep is not extremely high in carbs , i try to include as much food you can can eat and still get super lean..See your beginner to top notch competitor is not going to gamble on a starting point of carbs as high as mine.

I have experimented and although it may be non conventional, it works as long as your prep is custom made for it.

You see, I believe you need food to train hard, for your posing practice, your cardio, etc. its not just a diet its prep for a show...And preparation for a show requires you to have energy. Trust me, i have done extreme dieting and everything suffered come show time. I am known for including allot of carbs in my diets.. but I should be known for advocating allot of food..
                          For example, i am doing the prep for a very high level competitor, a guy over 230lbs. and I could not believe how little food he was eating. Guaranteed to shrink him down and the body actually stops burning fat.

I could not believe how low in food he was eating for a big man. I changed that right away, changed his prep around and he is dropping fat like crazy. See most people try to diet but starving down their bodies..I believe in training the fat off the body. The maximum amount of food, the right amount of cardio, and the right supps. I have gotten good at putting these preps together.
                          Last edited by Alex A; June 7, 2008, 11:19 AM.
                          www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• So are you saying that for people who are taking fish or flax oils, that we should stop?

Originally posted by Timski View Post
                            Alex,I too agree that most people do not need added fats in their diet...........have been saying this for years and years now.

They would be surprised at how much fatr they consume just by eating eggs,meat,fish,and chicken.......not to mention peanut butter.

Comment

• Greetings Alex!

I am new to the board and just finished a contest at work called "The Biggest Loser". All I know is I worked my butt off (literally) and lost 42.5 lbs in 16 weeks. Here is a link to my before and after pics:
                              http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/Fi...n=progresspics
                              I had help from Bill Grant who is a personal friend of mine and am looking to go from where I am now to the next level which is to compete in The Bill Grant Bodybuilding and Fitness Classic in 2009. Here is an outline of they type of training I have been doing for the past 4 months.
                              DAY 1
                              Back
                              Lat Pulldowns - to front of neck 4 sets 10-15
                              Barbell Rows 4 sets 10-15
                              Then I start to work chest & back in a superset fashion. Here is how I start…

Chest & Back Superset
                              Bench Press 4 sets 10-15
                              Superset with Chins (to front of neck) 4 sets 10-15

Note: I continue chest. Next exercises no supersets
                              Incline Bench Press 3 sets 10-12
                              Dumbell Flys 3 sets 12-15
                              Dips 3 sets 12-15

Shoulders
                              Side Laterals 3 sets 10-12
                              Superset with Rear Laterals 3 sets 10-12

Upright Rows 3 sets 10-12

Then we move on the arms

Arms Superset
                              Hammer Strength Curls 3 sets 10-15
                              Superset with Tricep Extensions 3 sets 10-15

Arms Next Superset

Barbell Curls - Superset with 3 sets 10-15
                              Seated over head tricep extensions 3 sets 10-15

Forearms
                              Seated wrist curls 3 sets 10-12
                              Superset with Standing wrist rollers to failure
                              Then I finally finish with a 5 minute ab program...

Abs
                              Ab Crunch machine with weight or
                              Ab Crunches on slant board with weight on chest
                              Superset with Leg Raises Alternate 5 sets 20

DAY 2 LOWER BODY

Legs
                              Leg Extensions 4 sets 12-15
                              Leg Press 4 sets 15-20

Leg Curls 4 sets 12

Stiff Leg Deadlifts 3 sets 15

Calves
                              Seated calf raises 4 sets 12-15
                              Standing calf raises 4 sets 12-15

Now for cardio I was doing 20-45 minutes of minutes mostly on the treadmill going through interval training.
                              My diet was pretty consistent with Bill Phillip's Book "Eating For Life" which is about 40/30/20 Protein/Carbs/Fats. Eating 5-6 times a day.

I am now looking to continue to cut down and to also add lean body mass and am considering changing my workout to what is called "Point of Flexion" I believe. This is done using lower set and hitting each muscle group starting at midrange then to stretch and then to contraction using 3 different exercises. I am all ears since I am new to this and would love to hear your advice on what I could be doing to gain mass and continue to lower body fat properly based on what I have just shared!
                              Thanks in advance for taking the time!

Comment

• Originally posted by FitCent View Post
                                Greetings Alex!

I am new to the board and just finished a contest at work called "The Biggest Loser". All I know is I worked my butt off (literally) and lost 42.5 lbs in 16 weeks. Here is a link to my before and after pics:
                                http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/Fi...n=progresspics
                                I had help from Bill Grant who is a personal friend of mine and am looking to go from where I am now to the next level which is to compete in The Bill Grant Bodybuilding and Fitness Classic in 2009. Here is an outline of they type of training I have been doing for the past 4 months.
                                DAY 1
                                Back
                                Lat Pulldowns - to front of neck 4 sets 10-15
                                Barbell Rows 4 sets 10-15
                                Then I start to work chest & back in a superset fashion. Here is how I start…

Chest & Back Superset
                                Bench Press 4 sets 10-15
                                Superset with Chins (to front of neck) 4 sets 10-15

Note: I continue chest. Next exercises no supersets
                                Incline Bench Press 3 sets 10-12
                                Dumbell Flys 3 sets 12-15
                                Dips 3 sets 12-15

Shoulders
                                Side Laterals 3 sets 10-12
                                Superset with Rear Laterals 3 sets 10-12

Upright Rows 3 sets 10-12

Then we move on the arms

Arms Superset
                                Hammer Strength Curls 3 sets 10-15
                                Superset with Tricep Extensions 3 sets 10-15

Arms Next Superset

Barbell Curls - Superset with 3 sets 10-15
                                Seated over head tricep extensions 3 sets 10-15

Forearms
                                Seated wrist curls 3 sets 10-12
                                Superset with Standing wrist rollers to failure
                                Then I finally finish with a 5 minute ab program...

Abs
                                Ab Crunch machine with weight or
                                Ab Crunches on slant board with weight on chest
                                Superset with Leg Raises Alternate 5 sets 20

DAY 2 LOWER BODY

Legs
                                Leg Extensions 4 sets 12-15
                                Leg Press 4 sets 15-20

Leg Curls 4 sets 12

Stiff Leg Deadlifts 3 sets 15

Calves
                                Seated calf raises 4 sets 12-15
                                Standing calf raises 4 sets 12-15

Now for cardio I was doing 20-45 minutes of minutes mostly on the treadmill going through interval training.
                                My diet was pretty consistent with Bill Phillip's Book "Eating For Life" which is about 40/30/20 Protein/Carbs/Fats. Eating 5-6 times a day.

I am now looking to continue to cut down and to also add lean body mass and am considering changing my workout to what is called "Point of Flexion" I believe. This is done using lower set and hitting each muscle group starting at midrange then to stretch and then to contraction using 3 different exercises. I am all ears since I am new to this and would love to hear your advice on what I could be doing to gain mass and continue to lower body fat properly based on what I have just shared!
                                Thanks in advance for taking the time!
                                I would progressively increase your cardio at a slow pace and progressively increase your poundage on the weights.. obviously the key word is progression.. In order for muscle to hypertophy, you need to increase the weight and increase your reps. In order to lose fat you have to keep your calories in a defecit. I would continue to work your program with progression in mind.
                                www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

Working...
                                X