Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Any beginners need help, just ask

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tipsta View Post
    How many people are looking at that picture saying FLAT??? WTF...

I personally dont like that leg stance in the side tricep pose but its more of a personal thing. That being said if you are going to show them your hamstring then show it to them. Your right leg needs to turn out to the right giving the judges a good view of your hams and calf.

Other than that you are freaky for a teen!!!

thanks a lot for the compliment and the posing tip !

yeah I know about the leg position, I have it right when I see myself in the mirror but I have some trouble doing it without seing myself

btw I was not "that" flat in that picture, I said I am right now. (the picture is not from today)

Comment

• Originally posted by candidate View Post
      Alex,

ive always been an anti-carb fanatic. (well, ever since i first started worryign abou body fat! LOL )

well, after reading alot of your threads and posts onn different forums, and after seeing pictures of you and my boy stavios; i decided i want to give your kind of diet a shot.

its only been about 5 days now, but already i am amazed at how well it is working.

i never really understood how carbs can effect the metabolism !

and another thing, i never counted how much carbs i would eat before, so no wonder i woudl put on fat witht hem !

to me, oatmeal is like heaven. and when in the past iw ould use it to bulk up with, i would fill a bowl wih it at every meal. well, i recently measured how much carbs are in ONE BOWL of oatmeal, and well... i had been eating 200g carbs at every meal ! LOL !

and that was as a natural at a low body weight too.

now i am starting off lower, around 1 cup of oatmeal per meal..which, as you know, is aroudn 50 g carbs. my prtoein is high, although i dont coutn it, and for fats i only use some extra omega-3 to help with insulin sensitivity.

its working very well !

i actually notice i am a bit leaner over the last few days but much fuller.

well; thats it... i just wanted to say thank you; and that your passion for this sport only further enflames my own love of bodybuilding !

peace
      -taylor
      Thanks for this post. I really hope it works for you dude. Im glad your giving it a try.

I have tried all sorts of diet methods prepping for shows in the past and one thing I found that kept me training hard, tight, full and strong was plenty of carbs.

So, i tried to come up with a prep that allowed me to eat a decent amount of carbs, so i can diet this way and get in great shape. Now Im hooked, i wont go back to the other methods. THanks for the input
      Get shredded! check out the transformations at
      www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Stavios and CaptainDominate(chris), Chris Fox, Rob:

All of you guys have been great as competitors and I enjoyed working with all of you guys.

My goal has always been to help you look your best from day one.

Like Stavios said, Chris Fox and others have said .... "this has been the easiest prep ever"

thats how it should be... prepping for a show should not be suffering, starving, and being miserable.. I believe that during contest prep you should eat the most possible food and still be able to get super condition. So far its been working.

Stavios: I want you to kick ass this coming weekend. I will be in touch with you as down the stretch I dont want this to slip away.

I have a feeling the outcome of your show is going to be awesome!

CaptainDominate: Same for you bro.. You have been very smart....getting all kinds of good info from me and putting it to good use.. I will always be here down the road for your future shows too bro..

You are going to do some serious damage and should make a good name for yourself in less than 2 weeks..

Rob: Rob has a show in less than 3 weeks and he will be hard and ready. We have big plans for next year.. A little about Rob... he took some serious time off from competing and is making a comeback.. We are going to finish this year off with a good placing at the L.A championship then get the off season work going and be back next year. It has been a while since Rob has competed two consecutive seasons.

Chris Fox: Awesome guy and impressed everyone with solid condition 3 weeks out from his first show this year. Super sharp and condition earned him respect.

Ended the season with a solid win.. Our plans are to put size on this off season, and back next year.. Chris will be back even better next year and most likely will compete at a big show( i have to talk to him about that).

Everyone on This Board: I wanted to thanks for being part of this board. I appreciate everyone being so positive, wanting to contribute, learn and share.
        www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• CaptainDominate: Same for you bro.. You have been very smart....getting all kinds of good info from me and putting it to good use.. I will always be here down the road for your future shows too bro..

You are going to do some serious damage and should make a good name for yourself in less than 2 weeks..
          Thanks alot man! im looking forward to it, i know it will be a good showing, thanks for all the help!
          MUSCLETECH Athlete

www.crushinglimits.com

Comment

• Originally posted by stavios View Post
            thanks Chris, I am flat as a board right now can't wait to start eating ! saturday will be fun, we will be a few guys competing in the teens and they are all in shape

here is a 1 week out shot
            You look awesome Stav! Listen to what Alex tells you to do this last week. He'll dial you in perfectly if you do exactly what he says.

Alex: Im up for whatever show you feel is best for me. Whether it be on the east coast or west coast. Just let me know. My bodybuilding future is in your hands......you know i trust you.
            TROPONIN NUTRITIONIST

Comment

• Stavios,we all know exactly how you feel right now.You wouldnt be a real bodybuilder,if you didnt feel that way about your look.Im going through the same thing as we speak.One minute you hit a few poses and look awesome.And you think your going to slaughter everyone.The next day you take a look and cant figure out why the hell your going to even bother competing.Thats just the way were all wired i guess.Just coast in and kick ass this weekend.were all pulling for you,best of luck.ive got the LA on the 19th.So im 18 days out as of now.I cant wait to enjoy the rest of the summer,eating and growing to dimensions never thought possible.Ive got a seafood buffett ill be eating once a week to pack it on.

Comment

• Originally posted by cfox View Post
                You look awesome Stav! Listen to what Alex tells you to do this last week. He'll dial you in perfectly if you do exactly what he says.

Alex: Im up for whatever show you feel is best for me. Whether it be on the east coast or west coast. Just let me know. My bodybuilding future is in your hands......you know i trust you.
                Thanks Chris, I appreciate that man.. I will be talking to you soon about plans for next years show .I have some ideas and want to run them by you. For now, just training hard, rest, recoup and staying tight is going to be key for whatever we do. Your best interest is always my priority.
                www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• I know I shared this with you guys individually but wanted to post these up for anyone else who hadnt seen this guy..

THis is 18 year old Anthony .. Natural bodybuilder,he had me do his prep for his show 2 weeks ago. He lost 50lbs for this show and didnt even use ephdrine products.. Only diet, cardio and training got him in shape for this show. He placed 1st in the Teen class

He wants me to do his prep for another natural show in November. I know he will come in tighter as he will not have much weight to lose. Remember the guy is 18 and natural.
                  Attached Files
                  www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Need Advice

Hey I'm 17, about 5'10'', and 200 lbs. I have tried to lift weights over the years but I have never really gotten good results. I have also tried to get a 6 pack but never really got good results either. Based on my weight and height do u have any recommendations on a workout plan and diet? Also what do u think I should do for cardio? Right now all I have in my house are 8 pound dumbells but I should have access to a gym soon. My main goals are bigger biceps and a bigger chest and also a 6 pack. Thanks a lot!
                    Last edited by fjai; July 1, 2008, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex A View Post

thats how it should be... prepping for a show should not be suffering, starving, and being miserable.. I believe that during contest prep you should eat the most possible food and still be able to get super condition. So far its been working.

Funny how nobody argues this fact here but when I say eat the maximum amount carbs possible while continueing to drop, they come out of the wood work to tell me how wrong it is.
                      TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
                      Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsta View Post
                        Funny how nobody argues this fact here but when I say eat the maximum amount carbs possible while continueing to drop, they come out of the wood work to tell me how wrong it is.

How can they tell you your wrong, when your right? The ideal prep is to eat as much food as possible, while getting ripped and staying full.. If your starving yourself, you are losing intensity, strength in the gym and losing muscle
                        Keep doing what your doing, if its working. Allot of people would not take a chance eating as many carbs as lets say i would.
                        www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

How can they tell you your wrong, when your right? The ideal prep is to eat as much food as possible, while getting ripped and staying full.. If your starving yourself, you are losing intensity, strength in the gym and losing muscle
                          Keep doing what your doing, if its working. Allot of people would not take a chance eating as many carbs as lets say i would.
                          You and I are on the same page as I can tell from the icons but the rest of this board are KETO junkies.
                          TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
                          Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Comment

• I am a beginner myself but have been working with scooby that tiphelped out and cut down from 25% to 7.5% and my lowest point of taking in carbs was 214 a day and lost no lean body mass through the whole cut. So anyone that my be new to all of this don't think that no carb is the only way to go if you are trying to lose some of your bodyfat.

Comment

Thanks Chris, I appreciate that man.. I will be talking to you soon about plans for next years show .I have some ideas and want to run them by you. For now, just training hard, rest, recoup and staying tight is going to be key for whatever we do. Your best interest is always my priority.
                              Rest? Recoup? What is that....lol.

I am staying tight....im still only around 10-12lbs over my last contest weight and doing my cardio.

You know me, always gotta know things in advance. Its helps me stay focused. Lets talk soon though as im into my offseason prep and hitting it hard already. Im glad you make me relax and take things slow sometimes.....lol.
                              Last edited by cfox; July 1, 2008, 11:29 PM.
                              TROPONIN NUTRITIONIST

Comment

• Originally posted by cfox View Post
                                Rest? Recoup? What is that....lol.

I am staying tight....im still only around 10-12lbs over my last contest weight and doing my cardio.

You know me, always gotta know things in advance. Its helps me stay focused. Lets talk soon though as im into my offseason prep and hitting it hard already. Im glad you make me relax and take things slow sometimes.....lol.
                                Chris, im going to send you an email on Wednesday with my thoughts bro.. I knew you were not resting just had to remind you that you deserve a little rest..

If you are not ready for one, then push hard and take a little break when you feel you need it.. I never just rest because its the thing to do. I rest when i feel i need it.
                                www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

Working...
                                X