Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Any beginners need help, just ask

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alex A View Post
    Good post bro. I would also add, experiment with both and find what makes you look better..I train to build muscle with the goal to look good, not really to care how strong I am. i.e how much I bench, etc.

I know there is a corellation between size of muscle and strength but focus on what seems to be making you look better, or what seems to be giving you the best workouts.
    Ok. Ill try that. Thanks

Comment

• Hey Alex I know you advocate carbs in the form of white rice and oats, what would be optimal times to eat the white rice, pre and post workout?

Comment

• Hey guys !

Just wanna post some pics from the show, as you can see Alex did a great job dieting me down and we managed to achieve a good physique even considering the lack of muscle mass I had.

I placed 4th out of 5th, bad placement but seing the pictures made me feel better as I tought I must have look horrible to place 4th.
        the other guys were only better, nothing you can do about that.

here are some shots that I like
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by stavios View Post
          Hey guys !

Just wanna post some pics from the show, as you can see Alex did a great job dieting me down and we managed to achieve a good physique even considering the lack of muscle mass I had.

I placed 4th out of 5th, bad placement but seing the pictures made me feel better as I tought I must have look horrible to place 4th.

The craziest thing about those pics is the line up.. Those are teens? yeah im sure everyone is saying that.. See bro, i told you, by looking at those pics, the placings could have gone either way..

You did get in great shape and major improvement from last year.. Putting on quality muscle takes time, your young so time is on your side..

Dont even swet the placing.. Thanks for posting the pics here..Will be in touch
          Get shredded! check out the transformations at
          www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• [quote=Go 4 It;809467]Hey Alex I know you advocate carbs in the form of white rice and oats, what would be optimal times to eat the white rice, pre and post workout?[/quote

Yeah pretty much, rice and oats are the basics.
            www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Originally posted by stavios View Post
              Hey guys !

you looked great man!

just keep trying to improve every year, thats all you can do.... as long as you beat you everytime out you are a winner!
              2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

Comment

• That's a strong looking lineup for teens. Damn. Alex is right, placings had to be close. You look good. Keep at it, you have alot of potential.

NYC BIG MIKE
                Looking for the "gang of 20".

Comment

• hey alex i think what you are doing is great. keep up the good work!!!!

i wanna drop some bodyfat before i start my bulk

i'm scared of carbs due to my bodytype being endo

how should i go about my diet 1.5g of protein, and then i really dont know where my fat and carbs should be

i'm 6'0 feet 270lbs dont really know my bodyfat but u can guess from my pics

i plan on competing next year just wanna get my bodyfat to single digets before i bulk.

thanks alot for any info you can give.

i will be looking for you when it's time for me to compete
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by platinum18 View Post
                    hey alex i think what you are doing is great. keep up the good work!!!!

i wanna drop some bodyfat before i start my bulk

i'm scared of carbs due to my bodytype being endo

how should i go about my diet 1.5g of protein, and then i really dont know where my fat and carbs should be

i'm 6'0 feet 270lbs dont really know my bodyfat but u can guess from my pics

i plan on competing next year just wanna get my bodyfat to single digets before i bulk.

thanks alot for any info you can give.

i will be looking for you when it's time for me to compete
                    Hey thanks for getting a hold of me here bro.. You look pretty good actually. You have a nice amount of muscle going your way so that is good. You posted allot of pics so thats a big help too.

I would do this, keep your protein at about 1.5grams like your doing and experiment with your carbs. 2grams per pound of carbs is not that high for off season. I would try 2grams on the carbs and keep your fats very low.

Dont add any fats other than lean red meat once per day maybe one yolk with your egg whites, keep the fats low.

And doing cardio 4 times per week would keep you nice and lean too.

I hope i was of some help man.. good job on your physique so far dude!
                    www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex A View Post
                      Hey thanks for getting a hold of me here bro.. You look pretty good actually. You have a nice amount of muscle going your way so that is good. You posted allot of pics so thats a big help too.

I would do this, keep your protein at about 1.5grams like your doing and experiment with your carbs. 2grams per pound of carbs is not that high for off season. I would try 2grams on the carbs and keep your fats very low.

Dont add any fats other than lean red meat once per day maybe one yolk with your egg whites, keep the fats low.

And doing cardio 4 times per week would keep you nice and lean too.

I hope i was of some help man.. good job on your physique so far dude!

alex thanks!!!! yea i have some size due to the fact i was a fat 400lbs slob.lol but i keep a lot of size when i lost the weigt. i rember u from bb.com. funny i found u here. i'm glad tho.

any way do you think to 2grams of carbs per pound will be to much for me i think i'm sencitive to carbs or just scard of them.lol

i will most likey do cardio everyday i have a treadmill at home.

just wanna drop as much fat as i can be for november. do u think it's possbile for me to get down to single numbers in bodyfat in 3 months?

Comment

• Originally posted by platinum18 View Post
                        alex thanks!!!! yea i have some size due to the fact i was a fat 400lbs slob.lol but i keep a lot of size when i lost the weigt. i rember u from bb.com. funny i found u here. i'm glad tho.

any way do you think to 2grams of carbs per pound will be to much for me i think i'm sencitive to carbs or just scard of them.lol

i will most likey do cardio everyday i have a treadmill at home.

just wanna drop as much fat as i can be for november. do u think it's possbile for me to get down to single numbers in bodyfat in 3 months?
                        Glad I was of some help. you can drop your carbs down a bit more. maybe go with 1.5grams like your protein and bust out your cardio as you are doing.
                        Jack the cardio up a bit more and dont miss any workouts. If you want to get to single digits do your cardio 6 days per week. You cant go wrong there. I would just make sure to lift, heavy, hard and consistant.

If you keep the muscle on and work hard on your cardio program you will grind your bodyfat down and should reach your goal..congrats on losing so much weight already! be proud of that and use it as motivation..
                        www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• sodium intake?

I HAVE A ? ABOUT MY SODIUM. I HAVE NEVER HAD TO WORRY ABOUT TAKING TOO MUCH BECAUSE I DON'T PUT SALT ON ANYTHING.(EXCEPT WATERMELON WHEN I GET TO EAT IT) BUT, I DO DRINK A LOT OF ENERGY DRINKS.(SUGAR FREE) MAINLY SUGAR FREE NOS. I NOTICED TODAY THAT IT HAS ABOUT 220 OF SODIUM... HOW MUCH SHOULD I BE TAKING IN.

I'M 6'1", 230LBS, 28YRS, DON'T KNOW ON THE B.F. ABOUT THE SAME OR MAYBE A LITTLE LEANER THAN PLATNIUM 18. (BY THE WAY I THINK YOU HAVE A GREAT BASE TO WORK WITH PLATNIUM)

I WAS UP TO 250LBS, THEN STARTED DOING CARDIO AND CUT BACK ON MY CARBS. I DON'T COUNT MY CARBS, BUT JUST WENT TO HAVING CARBS IN HALF MY MEALS. OTHERS I HAVE FIBOURUS CARBS LIKE GREENS.

AND BY THE WAY, WHAT DO YOU THINK PLATNIUM18'S B.F. IS? WONDERING TO COMPARE MY OWN TO... THANKS ALOT. NO BODYBUILDERS IN MY TOWN...

Comment

• Well guys im officially out of the LA's tomarrow.My right knee began swelling last thursday night.I iced it for days and hoped like hell it would go away.Finally Tuesday I went to emergency.Bunch of morons,all I got was scripts for pain pills and a lecture on my blood preasure.Yesterday I went to a sports orthopedics doc,to try and drain the fluid,just to get me by for saturday.No luck,it was blood,wich means some sort of trauma/tear.Going for MRI tonight.Talk about a real bitch,all this the final week.Anyhow,thanks Alex as usual, top notch prep.I was 206,for the junior cal last month.Yesterday morning I was 193.2.Never been this dry and hard, ever.Im hoping we can try to post some pics,just dont look at the leg brace!Thanks for you support guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearded bb View Post
                              I HAVE A ? ABOUT MY SODIUM. I HAVE NEVER HAD TO WORRY ABOUT TAKING TOO MUCH BECAUSE I DON'T PUT SALT ON ANYTHING.(EXCEPT WATERMELON WHEN I GET TO EAT IT) BUT, I DO DRINK A LOT OF ENERGY DRINKS.(SUGAR FREE) MAINLY SUGAR FREE NOS. I NOTICED TODAY THAT IT HAS ABOUT 220 OF SODIUM... HOW MUCH SHOULD I BE TAKING IN.

I'M 6'1", 230LBS, 28YRS, DON'T KNOW ON THE B.F. ABOUT THE SAME OR MAYBE A LITTLE LEANER THAN PLATNIUM 18. (BY THE WAY I THINK YOU HAVE A GREAT BASE TO WORK WITH PLATNIUM)

I WAS UP TO 250LBS, THEN STARTED DOING CARDIO AND CUT BACK ON MY CARBS. I DON'T COUNT MY CARBS, BUT JUST WENT TO HAVING CARBS IN HALF MY MEALS. OTHERS I HAVE FIBOURUS CARBS LIKE GREENS.

AND BY THE WAY, WHAT DO YOU THINK PLATNIUM18'S B.F. IS? WONDERING TO COMPARE MY OWN TO... THANKS ALOT. NO BODYBUILDERS IN MY TOWN...
                              If you are doing regular cardio sessions, you most likely eliminate any side effects of having sodium in your diet. And need to worry about holding water from taking in sodium. I would not count the mg of sodium or bother reducting sodium in your diet, I would not add sodium to your food becasuse there is plenty already there. if you are training regularly and doing cardio as well, you should not worry
                              www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Hello.
                                Just a quick question with regards a product i'm thinking of taking.I have been training quite seriously for the last few years and have made good gains using standard supplements like various proteins,waxy maize,creatine,amino acids,glutamine etc.i am now at a fairly lean 16 1/2 stone at 6ft 2" but am looking for something to take me on bit further if you know what i mean!The problem is i don't really want to go down the steroid route YET and have been recommended a product called Genetic SD with Cycle Insurance by a company called Genetic Edge which apparently is one of those 'as close to a legal steroid' as you can get.i cant find much info or any real reviews on it and just wondered if you know much about it,side effects,whether even worth taking etc? Thanks in advance for your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X