Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Any beginners need help, just ask

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Alex,
    If I were to do cardio after my regular lifting workout should I go straight to it or take some kind of BCAA, Glutamine, etc? Also, If i did a cardio session on a non workout day would it be non productive to do it any other time except the morning with the goal being lose fat maintain muscle?

Comment

• Originally posted by isaosan View Post
      Hey Alex,
      If I were to do cardio after my regular lifting workout should I go straight to it or take some kind of BCAA, Glutamine, etc? Also, If i did a cardio session on a non workout day would it be non productive to do it any other time except the morning with the goal being lose fat maintain muscle?
      Actually the best thing you can do is to take your bcaas and or glutamine before training with the weights, then after your done with the weights go straight to the cardio. As soon as your done eat a solid meal.

Cardio done on a non training day can be done anytime, I dont see it mandatory to do it first thing in the morning. Your going to burn calories either way..
      Get shredded! check out the transformations at
      www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Alex, I got a quick question about raw eggs. Someone in another thread told me that if i take the carton of eggs and microwave them for 30 seconds it makes them safe. I cant stand eggs so I was looking for a safe way to drink them so i can just throw it back and be done. I also need the yolk so the liquid egg whites wont work. What do you think about the microwave idea? You have any other suggestions? Thanks.
        "Its better to start off slowly than to finish quickly." - Arnold

Comment

• Originally posted by toenail View Post
          Alex, I got a quick question about raw eggs. Someone in another thread told me that if i take the carton of eggs and microwave them for 30 seconds it makes them safe. I cant stand eggs so I was looking for a safe way to drink them so i can just throw it back and be done. I also need the yolk so the liquid egg whites wont work. What do you think about the microwave idea? You have any other suggestions? Thanks.
          The formula is 10 seconds per egg, this is **** *******'s idea.I have been doing it for a long time, it works great....don't worry about it

Comment

• Originally posted by toenail View Post
            Alex, I got a quick question about raw eggs. Someone in another thread told me that if i take the carton of eggs and microwave them for 30 seconds it makes them safe. I cant stand eggs so I was looking for a safe way to drink them so i can just throw it back and be done. I also need the yolk so the liquid egg whites wont work. What do you think about the microwave idea? You have any other suggestions? Thanks.
            Try 10 seconds per egg or experiment as that seems about right. Give it a go. Have you tried just scrambling them with some mushrooms and add a little catsup..? well, I really dont care for tons of egg whites either but when im dieting hard, everything taste good..
            www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Originally posted by candidate View Post
              alex im slowly getting leaner while growing pretty dang quick as a result of consistant post workout cardio and your diet.
              Thats really good news.. Thanks for giving it a go and Im glad its working for you. I love hearing this stuff of course..
              Allow your self time, I myself have been doing this type of training for years. ( i used to be a fatty off season).

I see nothing wrong with growing slowly and staying lean, even in the off season, plus your young and in it for the long run.. Dont get caught up in the hype Taylor. Bodybuilding is a lifestyle and you should be treated that way.. I dont believe in the up and down method, its also about being healthy and fit as well. Im a big advocate of year round cardio.. Keep focused and doing what your doing, it is paying off..
              www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Diabetes and diet

I hope someone can help me. I just found out that I have diabetes. I lost 15 lbs. that I could not afford to lose. I am supposed to keep my carbs at 70 grams per meal. I still feel that I'm not eating enough to put weight back on. I'm 5'6" and 130lbs. I would like to eat,control my sugar and get back into lifting so that I can feel better about how look. Also are there any supplements I can take and keep my sugar under control

Comment

• Originally posted by 993500 View Post
                  I hope someone can help me. I just found out that I have diabetes. I lost 15 lbs. that I could not afford to lose. I am supposed to keep my carbs at 70 grams per meal. I still feel that I'm not eating enough to put weight back on. I'm 5'6" and 130lbs. I would like to eat,control my sugar and get back into lifting so that I can feel better about how look. Also are there any supplements I can take and keep my sugar under control
                  What did the doctor tell you?
                  www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• alex,
                    do you think there is a benfit form doing highintensity cardio or just reg LI pre contest ? it seems like the HI gives your more of a grainy hard look when LI makes your look flat or depleted?

Comment

• Originally posted by kreilly1656 View Post
                      alex,
                      do you think there is a benfit form doing highintensity cardio or just reg LI pre contest ? it seems like the HI gives your more of a grainy hard look when LI makes your look flat or depleted?
                      I really dont believe in high intensity cardio especially for long periods of time.. If you do your cardio for a longer duration at a slow pace and do your cardio year round your more likely to have positive results..
                      Im not disagreeing in the sense that you can get lean from it, but you also pay a price.. Just my opinion.
                      www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Alex,

What is your opinion on sushi as post-workout food?

Comment

• Originally posted by md1 View Post
                          Alex,

What is your opinion on sushi as post-workout food?
                          I would not eat sushi during contest prep, but as far as white rice and fish being a post workout meal, as an off season meal, it would be great..
                          www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex A View Post
                            I would not eat sushi during contest prep, but as far as white rice and fish being a post workout meal, as an off season meal, it would be great..
                            Do you have any recommendations as to post-workout food for someone with fat-loss in mind? Not competing for a contest but rather just to lose bodyfat ie to get to about 10% bodyfat?

Comment

• Originally posted by md1 View Post
                              Do you have any recommendations as to post-workout food for someone with fat-loss in mind? Not competing for a contest but rather just to lose bodyfat ie to get to about 10% bodyfat?
                              Do you mean as a post workout meal?
                              www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Hey Alex

have you found any difference in your meal plan without Sugar added to your oatmeal? just wondering if you have tried it both ways..thanks man, hope youre having fun out there in vegas!
                                MUSCLETECH Athlete

www.crushinglimits.com

Comment

Working...
                                X