Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Any beginners need help, just ask

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello,

I am a 6'6" male and about 290 lbs (My weight fluctuates often)
    I have never been physically "fit"
    I've never been massively overweight but at the moment I believe I can lose around 45 lbs easily.
    I would like to cut the weight, tighten any loose skin I have from previous weight loss, and build muscle as well.
    Can anyone give Me any opinions or suggestions as far as diet and workout routine to achieve my goals?

Comment

• To Imperious1, I would say start off with a protein intake of 1.5gms per LEAN BODY WEIGHT, and about 1.5-1.75gms of of LBW.....spread that over 5-7 meals a day......do moderate intensity cardio for about 30-45 mins a day 4days a week and possibly up to 6 days a week. Have about 50% of your carbs spread between post workout and your breakfast.......keep your last meal or last two meals protein and higher veggies as you decrease your carbs.

Hey Alex, congrats on the article in the newest Flex where Melvin brings you up and gives you props for getting "LEAN!" What are your thoughts on the Chris Aceto books?

Comment

• Originally posted by Maniak1027 View Post
        To Imperious1, I would say start off with a protein intake of 1.5gms per LEAN BODY WEIGHT, and about 1.5-1.75gms of of LBW.....spread that over 5-7 meals a day......do moderate intensity cardio for about 30-45 mins a day 4days a week and possibly up to 6 days a week. Have about 50% of your carbs spread between post workout and your breakfast.......keep your last meal or last two meals protein and higher veggies as you decrease your carbs.

Hey Alex, congrats on the article in the newest Flex where Melvin brings you up and gives you props for getting "LEAN!" What are your thoughts on the Chris Aceto books?

Thanks allot, I have not seen his books but do like his style of prep and the guy does know his stuff. Im assuming the books are on diet or contest prep. Anyways...The guy seems to be very knowledgable.
        Get shredded! check out the transformations at
        www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Cool thanks big guy!

Comment

• Question??? I keep hearing about the Palumbo diet (high protein, high to moderate fat, no carbs) Can anyone suggest some good sources of fats. Im 5'8" 175 with about 15% body fat.
            Also is it true that Gaspari's SIZE ON, SUPER PUMP, and PLAZMA JET only works when on a high carb diet?
            I hope to get some good advise. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by bmw99 View Post
              Question??? I keep hearing about the Palumbo diet (high protein, high to moderate fat, no carbs) Can anyone suggest some good sources of fats. Im 5'8" 175 with about 15% body fat.
              Also is it true that Gaspari's SIZE ON, SUPER PUMP, and PLAZMA JET only works when on a high carb diet?
              I hope to get some good advise. Thanks
              I can answer a bit about your first question....almonds are a good source of fat. I Dont like peanut butter as it doesnt work with my high carb diet. Too high in calories( very calorie dense). Im talking contest prep mode..

Sorry about the other stuff.. I dont comment on products other than Muscletech.
              www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• alex! you said that the amount of cardio depends on alot of different thing in a person like bodyfat and stuff!
                im 6'3 280 around20-25% body fat! im startin the polumbo diet monday! any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
                IFPA CERTIFIED
                go BIG or go HOME!

Comment

• Originally posted by PhilCutler2008 View Post
                  alex! you said that the amount of cardio depends on alot of different thing in a person like bodyfat and stuff!
                  im 6'3 280 around20-25% body fat! im startin the polumbo diet monday! any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
                  If your following the palumbo diet, then what does palumbo say?
                  www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Beginner's Workout?

Hi Alex,

Would you recommend the Big 3 (Compound Exercises: Bench, Deadlift and Squats) as the most basic fundamentals for a beginner to build strength before embarking on specific body part training?

Thanks

Comment

• hey alex a got a few questions for you i'm going to start lifting soon and i'm a total novice when it comes to weight training and nutrition and supplements and i was wondering if you would be willing to help me out since i seen you giving these other lifters good advice .first of all i'm 262lbs 6' tall and my ultimate goal is to get to a solid 220 lbs i know this might sound crazy but that's my goal. i would like to know what type of diet and supplements would i need and weight train . alex i'm going to be honest i know nothing i try to read some of information on these forums and i'm reading some arcticle out of a few magazine but being honest none of it makes since to me but i'm willing to learn and i'm deterimine to meet my goal. thanks in advance alex

Comment

• Originally posted by yhlee View Post
                        Hi Alex,

Would you recommend the Big 3 (Compound Exercises: Bench, Deadlift and Squats) as the most basic fundamentals for a beginner to build strength before embarking on specific body part training?

Thanks
                        I would. You can never never get away from those big 3. In my opinion you must always include those exercises as a beginner or pro.
                        www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Originally posted by shawnjuan View Post
                          hey alex a got a few questions for you i'm going to start lifting soon and i'm a total novice when it comes to weight training and nutrition and supplements and i was wondering if you would be willing to help me out since i seen you giving these other lifters good advice .first of all i'm 262lbs 6' tall and my ultimate goal is to get to a solid 220 lbs i know this might sound crazy but that's my goal. i would like to know what type of diet and supplements would i need and weight train . alex i'm going to be honest i know nothing i try to read some of information on these forums and i'm reading some arcticle out of a few magazine but being honest none of it makes since to me but i'm willing to learn and i'm deterimine to meet my goal. thanks in advance alex
                          Sorry bro, i dont have time here on this board to go into the detail necessary for a total beginner who needs to learn from square one how to put on muscle. You might want to check out my website. www.prepbyalex.com
                          www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Hi Alex. Hey man you look great. I have some questions for ya. First, I'm 215 right now and i'm 5'9", should i try to gain more weight or should i just stay where i am?? Man you look greeaat.

Comment

• I love Muscletech products. They freakin rock

Comment

• Originally posted by CocoVal36 View Post
                                Hi Alex. Hey man you look great. I have some questions for ya. First, I'm 215 right now and i'm 5'9", should i try to gain more weight or should i just stay where i am?? Man you look greeaat.
                                If your pretty lean for your height then thats great.. Size is over rated if you are not lean.. Meaning, I would not put on weight just to do so unless its good clean muscle and even then, how far would you want to go. For your height you sound big enough..
                                www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

Working...
                                X