Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Any beginners need help, just ask

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Maybe another 10 pounds, but lean pounds not fat weight

    Comment


    • Thanks for the info Alex

      Comment


      • Hello Alex, I need some advice on supplements. I have done some research but end up with more questions than answers really. I am 5 5 and about 125 right now. I want to gain about 10lbs lean mass by the end of the year. I started lifting serious in Jan and gained about 10lbs mass since then without taking anything but protein. I am wondering what you would suggest as far as sups for me other than protien and vitamin which i am currently doing now. Thanks for any help you can give....

        Comment


        • Hey brother!!! It was a pleasure meeting you and I'm glad we had a few minutes to talk!!! This guy is the real deal!
          Nutrex Research
          Exercise Science BS, CSCS

          Comment


          • Originally posted by lynnie View Post
            Hello Alex, I need some advice on supplements. I have done some research but end up with more questions than answers really. I am 5 5 and about 125 right now. I want to gain about 10lbs lean mass by the end of the year. I started lifting serious in Jan and gained about 10lbs mass since then without taking anything but protein. I am wondering what you would suggest as far as sups for me other than protien and vitamin which i am currently doing now. Thanks for any help you can give....
            First of all, congratulations on what you have accomplished so far. You are off to a great start and should be proud of that.

            Do not abandon what has worked for you. I would continue your program with the word PROGRESSION in mind.

            Progressively increase the poundage in the gym, progressively train harder and continue to work your diet. The basic supplementation you are following is what i would suggest at your level. You cant go wrong with protein powder and a multi vitamin.
            Keep the program going for awhile and get back to me, or keep in touch along the way.
            Get shredded! check out the transformations at
            www.prepbyalex.com

            Comment


            • Originally posted by silverbackn View Post
              Hey brother!!! It was a pleasure meeting you and I'm glad we had a few minutes to talk!!! This guy is the real deal!
              No doubt man! it was great talking to you. Im sure we will have a chance to meet again in the near future.

              It sounds like things are going great with your company and are only going to get better, congrats on all your hard work and passion.
              Get shredded! check out the transformations at
              www.prepbyalex.com

              Comment


              • brand new need pointers and help

                hey, my names joe im brand new to the forum and looking to expand my knowledge as well as my body and i need input im pretty new to this as far as bodybuilding goes im basically looking for some pointers on getting a good diet (gaining weight/mass) dos and donts all input will be greatly appreciated... im 5'8 160lbs probably around 18% body fat right now..anyhow i was at my cousins house and he has a gym in his basement and he wants me to start working out with him and i would rather have the right info to make this beneficial not just a waste of time...

                thanks in advance for any and all information and criticizm...

                joe

                Comment


                • Originally posted by skinNbones79 View Post
                  hey, my names joe im brand new to the forum and looking to expand my knowledge as well as my body and i need input im pretty new to this as far as bodybuilding goes im basically looking for some pointers on getting a good diet (gaining weight/mass) dos and donts all input will be greatly appreciated... im 5'8 160lbs probably around 18% body fat right now..anyhow i was at my cousins house and he has a gym in his basement and he wants me to start working out with him and i would rather have the right info to make this beneficial not just a waste of time...

                  thanks in advance for any and all information and criticizm...

                  joe
                  Joe i sent you a PM.
                  Get shredded! check out the transformations at
                  www.prepbyalex.com

                  Comment


                  • Hey Alex, I thought I would give you an update on my progress, I've been following your advice that you gave me and I'm making great progress, but theres something strange going on with my physique, when I wake up I got a clear six pack, but when I begin eating my meals and drinking, the definition fades, it's like night and day.. Am I retaining alot of water? I've upped my water intake to 2 gallons a day, and it seems to be helping a little, but this is very strange. Any suggestions?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Go 4 It View Post
                      Hey Alex, I thought I would give you an update on my progress, I've been following your advice that you gave me and I'm making great progress, but theres something strange going on with my physique, when I wake up I got a clear six pack, but when I begin eating my meals and drinking, the definition fades, it's like night and day.. Am I retaining alot of water? I've upped my water intake to 2 gallons a day, and it seems to be helping a little, but this is very strange. Any suggestions?
                      Good to hear from you bro.. Heres the thing, when you wake up, obviously you have an empty stomach and your dry from not drinking all night.
                      Your going to look flatter but condition usually looks best first thing in the morning. Once you start eating carbs, drinking water you start to fill out and some of the defintion fades. THis is why before a contest you cut your water out at least for a few hours and dont eat much

                      If you want to test the theory, try going a few hours in the middle of the day without drinking. Its not worth cutting your meals out just to test this theory, but even though your eating your going to look harder and sharper.
                      Last edited by Alex A; August 23, 2008, 10:57 AM.
                      Get shredded! check out the transformations at
                      www.prepbyalex.com

                      Comment


                      • Tested your theory and now I get whats going on with the water retention. Also say I was training for a competition, I'm using creatine right now, when would you suggest cutting it out if at all before the show? Thanks again for your help man!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Go 4 It View Post
                          Tested your theory and now I get whats going on with the water retention. Also say I was training for a competition, I'm using creatine right now, when would you suggest cutting it out if at all before the show? Thanks again for your help man!
                          Great job bro. and kick ass at the show and let us know how things go. I would cut it out do to the water retention. You might lose some weight but it will be water..
                          Get shredded! check out the transformations at
                          www.prepbyalex.com

                          Comment


                          • Thanks man, the creatine is keeping me looking full and my strength levels are still strong, even though I'm doing a ton of cardio, what I was wondering was should I cut it out like a week from the show, a couple days out? What do think?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Go 4 It View Post
                              Thanks man, the creatine is keeping me looking full and my strength levels are still strong, even though I'm doing a ton of cardio, what I was wondering was should I cut it out like a week from the show, a couple days out? What do think?
                              I would say this bro, cut the creatine when you cut your cardio out, a few days should be enough to drop any added water.. i would say on wednesday atleast.
                              Get shredded! check out the transformations at
                              www.prepbyalex.com

                              Comment


                              • I need help. In mid April, I was diagnosed with Hypothryroidism and very high Cholesterol. I was put on meds and told that if I wanted to live a lond life I needed to make a change and make it fast. The Dr. put me on the Atkins diet and I started back to the gym after over ten years away. I have since lost 60 lbs and my bodyfat is 11% now. I went from 238 lbs to 171 lbs. I am consumed with bodybuilding again now. I however am very fearful of eating carbs again. I do not eat more than 40 grams of carbs daily right now. My question is this, if I am eating enough protien to build, do I have to increase my carb intake to grow? If so, How do I go about it without getting fat again? I have gained about 5 pounds of muscle in the last month without eating much carbs but this could be just because new muscle comes pretty easy when someone is new to working out right?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X