Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Any beginners need help, just ask

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a question for contest prep, i am going to be doing 3 low days and one high day for carbs for my next contest. they will be like 200 for 3 days and 400 to 350 for one day. I want all my carbs in by meal four, but my delima is that i work out after my forth meal and am wanting to use virtago for a pwo carb. Should i count that in my carb content for the day or not. I mean i think i will need some carbs pwo right? LMK what you think here.

Comment

Hey Alex .
      This is a great thread. This will be a thread i will use this year.
      A lot of guys here are looking for help as beginners...So welcome aboard.
      Once again thanks for being here helping out.
      J.

Comment

Originally posted by richja223 View Post
        I have a question. I am 16 and have a problem with chest and abdomen fat. I don't really keep track of what I eat, but the only junk food I really eat is an occasional doughnut and Crab Fries with a Hoagie when I go to Sixers games. The chest problem we think is hormonal and I may end up getting surgery for it. But the abdomen will have to just come out of hard work. What can I do to help burn off the fat? I do about 20-30 minutes of cardio after a weight training.
        Hey bro! thanks for asking. Help is just around the corner

I would increase your cardio after training. Bump the intensity up a bit. Then you just have to trash donuts and fried stuff all the time bro. Find another alternative like a pretzel or peanuts even. Fried doe is the worst thing you can eat.

I believe if you also increase your cario five minutes every week that will help burn the calories. This should really help bro!
        Get shredded! check out the transformations at
        www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

Originally posted by purebeef View Post
          I have a question for contest prep, i am going to be doing 3 low days and one high day for carbs for my next contest. they will be like 200 for 3 days and 400 to 350 for one day. I want all my carbs in by meal four, but my delima is that i work out after my forth meal and am wanting to use virtago for a pwo carb. Should i count that in my carb content for the day or not. I mean i think i will need some carbs pwo right? LMK what you think here.
          I can see a bit of a dilema, but

Bro, i would have the carbs post workout. As long as its not too late at night, dont worry. If your metabolism is on fire and your way into your prep, especially then it wont really matter. It is a good question though. let me konw if you need me to elaborate or have any more.
          www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

Thank you Alex. I will begin the cardio immediately. As for diet, it is my understanding that carbs are no good when one is trying to control blood sugar. I have cut down on these considerably but should I cut them out all together? I hear a lot of conflicting stories on this?

Comment

Alex--

I dont think I asked you this yet.

what is your stance on morning cardio empty stomach supplementing with muscle sparing aminos (glutamine and essential amino acids)?

BTW, I was tested on a 6 site at 5.8% at 154 this past Saturday, 12 weeks out from first show of the year, The Northern Kentucky Bodybuilding Championships, last year had over 250 competitors, its a huge regional show. I stayed lean this offseason and Im trying to get those darned glute hami tie ins real crips; your conditioning is my ideal, but sometimes ideals are unattainable, but if you shoot for it, you will be rewarded. We'll see how I progress.

Thanks,

Jason

Comment

Jason what class will you be in?

I have a few clients competing
                MorphogenNutrition.com
                Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

Originally posted by bhman6 View Post
                  Jason what class will you be in?

I have a few clients competing
                  Historically Ive been a bantamweight, the avy pic is from my class win at the Mr cincy in 2003. Based on where Im at now, I could see making lightweights, but Id be towards the bottom in weight.

In the end, I dont really care, just want to be dry and shredded as I possibly can. But, more than likely in order to get to the ideal I want I will come in at 143 1/4 by show day. No bigger than a lightweight though, as Ive already made that weight, 154 at 5.8% on a 6 site. My legs are always 3-4 weeks IMO behind, so Ill just keep leaning out until they catch up.

Which classes will your clients be in?

Take care,

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by JRyan View Post
                    Thank you Alex. I will begin the cardio immediately. As for diet, it is my understanding that carbs are no good when one is trying to control blood sugar. I have cut down on these considerably but should I cut them out all together? I hear a lot of conflicting stories on this?
                    I like carbs in any diet, cut them down, spread them out and taper them as the day wears along.
                    www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

Originally posted by scoobysnacks View Post
                      Alex--

I dont think I asked you this yet.

what is your stance on morning cardio empty stomach supplementing with muscle sparing aminos (glutamine and essential amino acids)?

BTW, I was tested on a 6 site at 5.8% at 154 this past Saturday, 12 weeks out from first show of the year, The Northern Kentucky Bodybuilding Championships, last year had over 250 competitors, its a huge regional show. I stayed lean this offseason and Im trying to get those darned glute hami tie ins real crips; your conditioning is my ideal, but sometimes ideals are unattainable, but if you shoot for it, you will be rewarded. We'll see how I progress.

Thanks,

Jason
                      I dont do morning cardio, i really dont believe in it because I believe you will burn too much muscle. If you are dead set on it, then i would go for the aminos and glutamine. But avoid it, if possible. Hard earned muscle is just that, and you dont want to give it away. I would suggest doing cardio after training. Thats what i do
                      www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

Thanks again. I'll try not to bother you too much.

Comment

Originally posted by scoobysnacks View Post
                          Historically Ive been a bantamweight, the avy pic is from my class win at the Mr cincy in 2003. Based on where Im at now, I could see making lightweights, but Id be towards the bottom in weight.

In the end, I dont really care, just want to be dry and shredded as I possibly can. But, more than likely in order to get to the ideal I want I will come in at 143 1/4 by show day. No bigger than a lightweight though, as Ive already made that weight, 154 at 5.8% on a 6 site. My legs are always 3-4 weeks IMO behind, so Ill just keep leaning out until they catch up.

Which classes will your clients be in?

Take care,

Jason

no idea with my guys/gals

depends on who decides to go for it

I could potentially have a bantam, 2 middles, and 2 lightheavies
                          MorphogenNutrition.com
                          Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

Originally posted by Junior View Post
                            Alex,

The cardio after training.....how much per session do you recommend for fat loss?

Something like 3.5mph 4-5 degree incline on the treadmill good?
                            that sounds perfect i would go for 30 minutes to start. then increase it by five minutes each week till you get to forty five.
                            www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

Hey Alex! Been hitting my push-ups in between sets of incline and flat DB press and have really felt a great pump. I can normally do like a hundred push-ups easy lol, but now I'm lucky to get 10! Great call, just wanted to stop by and say thanks for the advice and for the work in this thread! Best of Luck in 08'

- CarpeDiem

Comment

Originally posted by CarpeDiem87 View Post
                                Hey Alex! Been hitting my push-ups in between sets of incline and flat DB press and have really felt a great pump. I can normally do like a hundred push-ups easy lol, but now I'm lucky to get 10! Great call, just wanted to stop by and say thanks for the advice and for the work in this thread! Best of Luck in 08'

- CarpeDiem

Hey Bro, thanks for that! same here too, i do them between sets and same can barely knock out ten clean ones, get a killer pump too. Glad its working for you. Some of the simplest exercises work the best. take care alex
                                www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

Working...
                                X