Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Any beginners need help, just ask

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by five-0 View Post
    I need help. In mid April, I was diagnosed with Hypothryroidism and very high Cholesterol. I was put on meds and told that if I wanted to live a lond life I needed to make a change and make it fast. The Dr. put me on the Atkins diet and I started back to the gym after over ten years away. I have since lost 60 lbs and my bodyfat is 11% now. I went from 238 lbs to 171 lbs. I am consumed with bodybuilding again now. I however am very fearful of eating carbs again. I do not eat more than 40 grams of carbs daily right now. My question is this, if I am eating enough protien to build, do I have to increase my carb intake to grow? If so, How do I go about it without getting fat again? I have gained about 5 pounds of muscle in the last month without eating much carbs but this could be just because new muscle comes pretty easy when someone is new to working out right?
    The best advise i can give you is get in the gym and lift hard and consistent. Do cardio after each workout, add the carbs back in your diet and if you are training and doing your cardio, you should not gain much bodyfat. You will start putting on muscle.
    Get shredded! check out the transformations at
    www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Which one looks better?
      Chest/Bi's
      Quads
      Back/Tri's
      Hams
      Shoulders/Calves

OR

Chest
      Back
      Legs
      Shoulders
      Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by 4130 View Post
        Which one looks better?
        Chest/Bi's
        Quads
        Back/Tri's
        Hams
        Shoulders/Calves

OR

Chest
        Back
        Legs
        Shoulders
        Arms
        Chest
        Back
        Legs
        Shoulders
        Arms
        www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex A View Post
          Chest
          Back
          Legs
          Shoulders
          Arms
          I was thinking about switching it up but I might as well stick to the basics! Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by 4130 View Post
            I was thinking about switching it up but I might as well stick to the basics! Thanks!
            I would stick to the basics. I would say most pros stick to the basics, just very intense and train heavy.
            www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• hi i just recently started lifting and following the sport when i first got to iraq but since i have been here i have grown to love the sport and the community that seems to be around it i have been able to make good progress in my arms and legs but have a horrible time with chest and abs any suggestion on what i can do to train these areas thank you very much for any help

Comment

• Originally posted by El_Guero View Post
                hi i just recently started lifting and following the sport when i first got to iraq but since i have been here i have grown to love the sport and the community that seems to be around it i have been able to make good progress in my arms and legs but have a horrible time with chest and abs any suggestion on what i can do to train these areas thank you very much for any help
                For chest i would stick with basics.. Lots of novice guys spend allot of time on cable flies, and peck deck. I say stick to the basics.. Flat bench press, incline press and some flies.. As for abs, i would make it part of your routine to hit them several times per week. Crunches, twists, situps, use a light amount of weight for resistance.. it will build up some of the core muscles in that region.As you drop your bodyfat then your abs will become more noticable. I hope i was of some help. take care
                www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

For chest i would stick with basics.. Lots of novice guys spend allot of time on cable flies, and peck deck. I say stick to the basics.. Flat bench press, incline press and some flies.. As for abs, i would make it part of your routine to hit them several times per week. Crunches, twists, situps, use a light amount of weight for resistance.. it will build up some of the core muscles in that region.As you drop your bodyfat then your abs will become more noticable. I hope i was of some help. take care
                  thank you very much for the tips what kind of diet would you recomend for someone just starting out

Comment

thank you very much for the tips what kind of diet would you recomend for someone just starting out
                    Even though your just starting out... I would invest in a nice food scale and rice cooker.. If your serious about doign this.. then you have to be serious about cooking..
                    I would basically get on some meal plan that your eating every 3hours. I can email you a sample diet if you tell me more about yourself. or check out my website. www.prepbyalex.com
                    email prepbyalex@aol.com
                    www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• I dont know if its been asked but I was just curious how your prep for Nationals is coming along, its what 10 weeks out now?

Good Luck with it.

Ss

Comment

Even though your just starting out... I would invest in a nice food scale and rice cooker.. If your serious about doign this.. then you have to be serious about cooking..
                        I would basically get on some meal plan that your eating every 3hours. I can email you a sample diet if you tell me more about yourself. or check out my website. www.prepbyalex.com
                        email prepbyalex@aol.com
                        well i am serious about this i am 5 foot 9 and i wiegh about 212 punds i am oit shure what other information u would need i have been able to turn that wieght into some muscle but have really struggled on losing fat in the ab region and cest and in gaining muscle on the chest i am sorry to be taking up so much of your time and i thank you very much for all your help

Comment

• Originally posted by scoobysnacks View Post
                          I dont know if its been asked but I was just curious how your prep for Nationals is coming along, its what 10 weeks out now?

Good Luck with it.

Ss
                          Thanks for asking. Things are coming along and Im right were i should be.

Last year i was so far ahead in my prep. And l lost some fullness down the stretch in order to make weight as well. This year im about 7 or 8 lbs heavier which is perfect for me. Im working really hard to return to good form. Im traveling to the show alone but will have someone there to make sure I look how i should.
                          I will probably post some 10 day out pics..take care!
                          www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

well i am serious about this i am 5 foot 9 and i wiegh about 212 punds i am oit shure what other information u would need i have been able to turn that wieght into some muscle but have really struggled on losing fat in the ab region and cest and in gaining muscle on the chest i am sorry to be taking up so much of your time and i thank you very much for all your help
                            Bro, in order to get in the shape you desire, your going to most likely have to do some regular cardio, eat very structured meals and train hard and consistant. Most of all, Work hard and give your body time to change..

No offense but you did not get in the shape you are in over night, so it takes time to get in the shape you desire. But with discipline and effort, you can change, anyone can..
                            www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• hey based on my avatar about how much bodyfat does it look like I have, because I have no idea, I'm 5'9 and about 160lbs, about how much fat do ya'll think I should lose to get around 8% bodyfat? thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by martinqaz View Post
                                hey based on my avatar about how much bodyfat does it look like I have, because I have no idea, I'm 5'9 and about 160lbs, about how much fat do ya'll think I should lose to get around 8% bodyfat? thanks
                                My best guess is your bodyfat is about 12-14%. Allot of people seem to estimate their bodyfat to be much lower than it really is.

I would work on building some muscle and keeping your bodyfat low. If you shoot for getting down to 8% you will not be happy with how you look.. This is based on your height, weight and how much muscle you have..
                                www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

Working...
                                X