Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Any beginners need help, just ask

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alright i got a few questions i need answered from anyone who can help
    1. when is the best times to eat carbs? (oatmeal, brown rice, whole wheat no salt bread)
    2. how grams of carbs should you take in per day
    3. is six work outs a week too much if im doing power lifting? should i go back down to 4 to 5?
    4. how many ounces of lean meat should i eat per meal? (5 meals a day)
    5. whats a really good protein powder on the market right now?

Comment

• Originally posted by jj2006
      hello Alex, you probably don't remember me but I am John, we spoke a few times on AIM.
      I need some help if you dont mind.

I'm 17 years old, 5'8", 14-15% bodyfat, 168-170lbs
      I want to put on some serious mass if possible. I dont want to have a pudgy stomache, that looks gutty and bloated. I just want to have a big v-taper, and want my arms to be bigger and same for forearms expecially.

As far a supplements go I'm looking to take
      1. Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Chocolate. 1 scoop pre-workout. 2 scoops post workout w/ maximaize.
      2. Creatine SizeOn on training days - sipping during workout. and on off days to be taking 5g on morning only?
      3. MHP up your mass weight gainer on training days? no idea here.

As far as diet goes I am looking to use this if not too much --
      meal 1: 12 eggwhites (2whole) + 1 cup of oatmeal
      meal 2: 8oz of chicken + 1 cup of brown rice
      meal 3:60 grams of protein shake + 1 cup of oatmeal
      meal 4: 8oz turkey + 1 medium sweet potato + 1 medium baked potato
      meal 5: 60 grams of protein shake + 1 cup of oatmeal
      meal 6: 8 oz steak + veggies
      meal 7:8 oz ofl chicken + veggies
      Your diet actually looks pretty good to be honest, i would continue to follow it. I would incorporate some cardio in your program and train hard.. Your diet seems to be clean but give it time to work for you. The cardio will harden you up and give you more of a taper as your waist will shrink down.. Good job!
      Get shredded! check out the transformations at
      www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Hi Alex,
        I am a female with alot of muscle. I dont want to gain anymore and want to focus on loosing body fat. What type of training do i do to loose body fat and maintain the muscle i already have.

Comment

• Originally posted by jj2006
          Alex I think thats
          4133 cals
          106 grams fat
          301.3 grams carbs
          474.9 grams protein

Isn't that way too much for me though?
          It is if your not doing cardio or training, but if your training, doing cardio regularly it would work out depending on your metabolism, bodytype etc.. It all depends.
          www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Originally posted by mblake8 View Post
            Hi Alex,
            I am a female with alot of muscle. I dont want to gain anymore and want to focus on loosing body fat. What type of training do i do to loose body fat and maintain the muscle i already have.
            I would focus on lifting with volume in mind, short rest periods.. I would tighten up your diet a bit and be sure to do cardio 6 days per week at the end of your workouts. If you want a bit more help, email me
            prepbyalex@aol.com
            take care!
            www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• hey people im Elias, i weigh 178 and im 15. i know u think its young but not for me. i workout alot, and dont see results also my diet isnt very good. i need a good diey that will give me no choice to grow, and if possible a professional body building program. i want to compete soon in armature shows

Comment

• ^^^^bro, your not a pro so dont do their workouts. Do what is best for your body. Try a 5x5 training style.
                Though the pain may come over you, never let it overcome you.

Comment

• thanks norway!!!, so ill just make my own routine and take a couple of pointers here and there. there is also something i think i need. a bulking diet. i cant get it anywhere and im in skool from 8am to 3pm so i cant really get my diet in there. and i dont have a good diet anyway, so could u guys give me a bulking diet. i am on plasma jet and anabolic pump. right now. i just started so i should see results in a while!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by iron addict View Post
                    thanks norway!!!, so ill just make my own routine and take a couple of pointers here and there. there is also something i think i need. a bulking diet. i cant get it anywhere and im in skool from 8am to 3pm so i cant really get my diet in there. and i dont have a good diet anyway, so could u guys give me a bulking diet. i am on plasma jet and anabolic pump. right now. i just started so i should see results in a while!!!
                    I'm 17 and in high school from 7:45-2:30. I just started to get my diet right. I eat between classes. Do some reaserch on bulking. I'm 177lbs. I have gained 15lbs in about a month. I'm now going to go on a 2 week diet. I do cycles on dieting 4 weeks bulk and 2 weeks diet down to make shure I dont gain fat and only build muscle.
                    Though the pain may come over you, never let it overcome you.

Comment

• Alex A, why do you have over 500 posts and are still labeled as a button man?
                      Somebody put somethin' in my drink.

Comment

• It's awesome that you take the time to answer all these questions...I posted a thread on diet advice in the beginner forum but haven't gotten much play.

So here's a breakdown & your input is greatly appreciated. To sum it up, I want to like so many others, lose fat and gain muscle. I currently do cardio 2 a week and weights 2 times a week. I'm 5'6 @ 165. The majority of fat is in the ab section.

I know I need to probably up the cardio and adjust the diet...thanks in advance!

Diet Regime (Typical One Day):

Breakfast:
                        1/4 cup steel cut oats w raw honey, sliced almonds, and berries
                        2 whole eggs

Brunch:
                        baby carrots with .25 cup hummus; 1 cup skim milk

Lunch:
                        roast beef sandwich: 2 slice roast beef, 1 slice cheese, 2 slices w/w bread, light mayo, lettuce, tomato, mustard

Mid-Afternoon:
                        Pina colada cottage cheese: 1 cup 1% cottage cheese with 1/4 cup coconut milk and 1 cup crushed pineapple

Dinner:
                        Chicken sausage with whole grain pasta, marinara & parm

Late Night:
                        8 oz plain full fat yogurt w/ 1/2 cup berries

Workout Regime

Cardio/Abs
                        Tues/Thurs

Run
                        Warmup: 5 min
                        High Intensity: 1 min
                        Med Intensity: 2 min
                        Jog: 2 min
                        Report Cycle 2x
                        Cooldown: 5 min

Abs
                        Oblique Crunch:
                        Reverse Crunch:
                        Roman Chair Sit-Up:
                        Exercise-Ball Crunch:
                        Hanging Leg Lift:

Weight Training
                        Wednesday
                        Bench press:
                        Dips:
                        Fly’s:
                        Standing Barbell Press:
                        Skull Crushers:

Weight Training
                        Friday
                        Deadlifts:
                        Bent Rows:
                        Chin-ups:
                        Barbell Shrugs:
                        Standing Barbell Curls:
                        Hammer Curls:

On lifting days, I do a 25 gram protien shake before and after workout.

Thx again!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stav T. View Post
                          Alex A, why do you have over 500 posts and are still labeled as a button man?

I dont know? can you help me out with that? i was wondering myself.... thanks allot!
                          www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Originally posted by blitz2311 View Post
                            It's awesome that you take the time to answer all these questions...I posted a thread on diet advice in the beginner forum but haven't gotten much play.

So here's a breakdown & your input is greatly appreciated. To sum it up, I want to like so many others, lose fat and gain muscle. I currently do cardio 2 a week and weights 2 times a week. I'm 5'6 @ 165. The majority of fat is in the ab section.

I know I need to probably up the cardio and adjust the diet...thanks in advance!

Diet Regime (Typical One Day):

Breakfast:
                            1/4 cup steel cut oats w raw honey, sliced almonds, and berries
                            2 whole eggs

Brunch:
                            baby carrots with .25 cup hummus; 1 cup skim milk

Lunch:
                            roast beef sandwich: 2 slice roast beef, 1 slice cheese, 2 slices w/w bread, light mayo, lettuce, tomato, mustard

Mid-Afternoon:
                            Pina colada cottage cheese: 1 cup 1% cottage cheese with 1/4 cup coconut milk and 1 cup crushed pineapple

Dinner:
                            Chicken sausage with whole grain pasta, marinara & parm

Late Night:
                            8 oz plain full fat yogurt w/ 1/2 cup berries

Workout Regime

Cardio/Abs
                            Tues/Thurs

Run
                            Warmup: 5 min
                            High Intensity: 1 min
                            Med Intensity: 2 min
                            Jog: 2 min
                            Report Cycle 2x
                            Cooldown: 5 min

Abs
                            Oblique Crunch:
                            Reverse Crunch:
                            Roman Chair Sit-Up:
                            Exercise-Ball Crunch:
                            Hanging Leg Lift:

Weight Training
                            Wednesday
                            Bench press:
                            Dips:
                            Fly’s:
                            Standing Barbell Press:
                            Skull Crushers:

Weight Training
                            Friday
                            Deadlifts:
                            Bent Rows:
                            Chin-ups:
                            Barbell Shrugs:
                            Standing Barbell Curls:
                            Hammer Curls:

On lifting days, I do a 25 gram protien shake before and after workout.

Thx again!
                            Hey bro, thanks for taking the time to post this.

First of all.. You should be working out atleast 4-5 days a week with the weights and to get/stay lean, doing cardio the same. I can grow while doing cardio year round and so can many others. But you have to eat and train.

Your diet needs some major changes.. You need to get rid of some stuff like the hummus, almonds in the morning, yogurt and sausage.. Drop the sandwich too.. Also you have to dump the yogurt and berries late at night. Yogurt is loaded with sugar bro. You should replace your meals with egg whites, chicken breast or turkey breast, lean steak and carbs such as rice and potatoes.. No more sandwiches and "fast foods"

I would get a food scale and start making it a habbit to weigh up your food..
                            For example. Meal one: 11 egg whites and 1 whole egg and 1 cup cooked oats.
                            meal 2: 8 oz chicken breast and 1 cup rice and salad
                            and so on. I dont know your goals or anything else about your shape or bodytype. .. but your meals need to be clean and structured. your training hard and intesnse 4-5 days per week and some regular cardio to get lean... Give that a shot!
                            www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex A View Post
                              Hey bro, thanks for taking the time to post this.

First of all.. You should be working out atleast 4-5 days a week with the weights and to get/stay lean, doing cardio the same. I can grow while doing cardio year round and so can many others. But you have to eat and train.

Your diet needs some major changes.. You need to get rid of some stuff like the hummus, almonds in the morning, yogurt and sausage.. Drop the sandwich too.. Also you have to dump the yogurt and berries late at night. Yogurt is loaded with sugar bro. You should replace your meals with egg whites, chicken breast or turkey breast, lean steak and carbs such as rice and potatoes.. No more sandwiches and "fast foods"

I would get a food scale and start making it a habbit to weigh up your food..
                              For example. Meal one: 11 egg whites and 1 whole egg and 1 cup cooked oats.
                              meal 2: 8 oz chicken breast and 1 cup rice and salad
                              and so on. I dont know your goals or anything else about your shape or bodytype. .. but your meals need to be clean and structured. your training hard and intesnse 4-5 days per week and some regular cardio to get lean... Give that a shot!
                              Well, thanks for taking time to answer my post...

I figured my lifting and cardio needd to be upped to 4-5 times a week for both.

My goals are to loss the fat that is concentrated around my midsection and also to gain muscle of course

My legs are pretty good to go from 15 years of running track and long distance so my main focus is on upper body.

It's been a process of kicking bad habits to get to this point now so I'm ready now to take my working out to the next level. Over the past 3 months I've cut out cigarettes, alcohol, caffeine and my favorite addiction - weed

Now that I have those distractors out of the way I'm ready to focus on getting my diet right and my lifting and cardio better.

I'll take your advice and create my own diet based on your suggestions and post it up once completed.

One question in regards to lifting, right now I'm doing the HOSS program that was posted on another thread. That is only 3 times a week, with 2 days on upper body.

Would you suggest repeating a couple routines in that program in order to the four days of lifting?

IE:

Weight Training
                              Monday/Thursday

Bench press:
                              Dips:
                              Fly’s:
                              Standing Barbell Press:
                              Skull Crushers:
                              Tuesday/Friday
                              Deadlifts:
                              Bent Rows:
                              Chin-ups:
                              Barbell Shrugs:
                              Standing Barbell Curls:
                              Hammer Curls

Thanks again I really value the advice from a pro....

Comment

• Originally posted by blitz2311 View Post
                                Well, thanks for taking time to answer my post...

I figured my lifting and cardio needd to be upped to 4-5 times a week for both.

My goals are to loss the fat that is concentrated around my midsection and also to gain muscle of course

My legs are pretty good to go from 15 years of running track and long distance so my main focus is on upper body.

It's been a process of kicking bad habits to get to this point now so I'm ready now to take my working out to the next level. Over the past 3 months I've cut out cigarettes, alcohol, caffeine and my favorite addiction - weed

Now that I have those distractors out of the way I'm ready to focus on getting my diet right and my lifting and cardio better.

I'll take your advice and create my own diet based on your suggestions and post it up once completed.

One question in regards to lifting, right now I'm doing the HOSS program that was posted on another thread. That is only 3 times a week, with 2 days on upper body.

Would you suggest repeating a couple routines in that program in order to the four days of lifting?

IE:

Weight Training
                                Monday/Thursday

Bench press:
                                Dips:
                                Fly’s:
                                Standing Barbell Press:
                                Skull Crushers:
                                Tuesday/Friday
                                Deadlifts:
                                Bent Rows:
                                Chin-ups:
                                Barbell Shrugs:
                                Standing Barbell Curls:
                                Hammer Curls

Thanks again I really value the advice from a pro....

Bro, feel free to post up here anytime you want. I wanted to let you know that Im competing in at the nationals this November.

About your training, i would do this. Whatever you do, hit each bodypart at least once per week. However you do it, get a solid workout in for each bodypart and you should be fine. To lose that lower belly fat, i think your going to have to bump your cardio up. Give it a go and post back.. take care!
                                www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

Working...
                                X