Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Any beginners need help, just ask

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardio, im doing 40 min of cardio after every workout, 5 days a week, im on a mass gaining diet so i want to keep my body fat in check while gaining tho im not on a diet i was wondering if its ok for me to do more cardio or is this enough? i was think bout wakeing up round 9:30am cardio for 30mins then have my pre work out meal at 10:00 then be in the gym by 11:00 then another bout of cardio after my training. that would be a total of of 70mins of cardio 5 days a week, is this over kill!?

Comment

• Originally posted by mikeG View Post
      Cardio, im doing 40 min of cardio after every workout, 5 days a week, im on a mass gaining diet so i want to keep my body fat in check while gaining tho im not on a diet i was wondering if its ok for me to do more cardio or is this enough? i was think bout wakeing up round 9:30am cardio for 30mins then have my pre work out meal at 10:00 then be in the gym by 11:00 then another bout of cardio after my training. that would be a total of of 70mins of cardio 5 days a week, is this over kill!?
      Overkill!

Keep the cardio in 5 days per week but I would not go any higher than 30minutes per day if your trying to gain size, I would tighten up the diet before i do more cardio than 30 min a day.. If you feel that is not working try doing the cardio 6 days per week.
      Get shredded! check out the transformations at
      www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• cardio thoughts

My routine is weights 3 days and cardio 3 days. I know you said to limit cardio to 30 minutes. What should my target heart rate be? I have been hitting between 140 and 150 for the 30 minutes. Still want to keep the heart healthy.

Comment

• Yo Alex. I got your rank changed for ya.
          Somebody put somethin' in my drink.

Comment

• Originally posted by fitnut123 View Post
            My routine is weights 3 days and cardio 3 days. I know you said to limit cardio to 30 minutes. What should my target heart rate be? I have been hitting between 140 and 150 for the 30 minutes. Still want to keep the heart healthy.
            Your right on the money ! i would even go a little higher to even 155 and even an extra day of weights and or cardio in there.. but you seem to be well on track.

Stav T : Hey thanks allot bro! I appreciate it.
            www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Hey Alex,whats your soduim intake contest time.I have been reading these last couple months that to look lean you must increase your soduim(one article by scott abell states as high as 10 grams per day which is a lot).Seeing that you are sliced always i would like to know what you think?

Comment

• Here is the soduim article.Read it and let me know what you think.http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_..._secret_weapon

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannie View Post
                  Hey Alex,whats your soduim intake contest time.I have been reading these last couple months that to look lean you must increase your soduim(one article by scott abell states as high as 10 grams per day which is a lot).Seeing that you are sliced always i would like to know what you think?
                  I would not say that i increase my sodium, i just dont cut it out. I dont really think adding sodium would help me either but cutting it would hurt. My diet is pretty high in sodium.
                  www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex A View Post
                    My diet is pretty high in sodium.
                    mmmmm....sodium

Comment

I would not say that i increase my sodium, i just dont cut it out. I dont really think adding sodium would help me either but cutting it would hurt. My diet is pretty high in sodium.
                      Cool,+- how much soduim do you take in?

Comment

Cool,+- how much soduim do you take in?
                        Sorry bro, i dont know.. egg whites every day, soy sauce on my food, mustard on everything. lots of sodium, I dont measure it though..
                        www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• ha i was just thinking about this the other day. with all the condiments i am using in my prep i could easily be at 6,000-8,000mgs!

mustard, soy, HOT SAUCE, egg whites, instant oats...its in everything in high qauntities
                          2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

Comment

• Originally posted by Adam McVey View Post
                            ha i was just thinking about this the other day. with all the condiments i am using in my prep i could easily be at 6,000-8,000mgs!

mustard, soy, HOT SAUCE, egg whites, instant oats...its in everything in high qauntities
                            yeah really, i eat so much as well, its crazy. I have cut sodium in the past, even cut back on it and never looked nearly as dry as when i have lots of sodium in my diet. I go against the grain here and say keep your sodium high throughout your diet.
                            www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

yeah really, i eat so much as well, its crazy. I have cut sodium in the past, even cut back on it and never looked nearly as dry as when i have lots of sodium in my diet. I go against the grain here and say keep your sodium high throughout your diet.
                              Thanx bro!Really look up to you!You are one of my fav. bodybuilders.

Comment

Thanx bro!Really look up to you!You are one of my fav. bodybuilders.
                                Thanks, I have dieted down quite a few times, i have done it the hard way, never the easy way, but now Im doing it the right way!
                                www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

Working...
                                X