Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Any beginners need help, just ask

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Thats what I figured...I lost that loving feelng Hopefully it will be back tomorrow...

    Thx

    Comment


    • sore shoulders

      Alex, I think I told you that my body type is pretty much an ecto. I keep battling sore shoulders, not muscle soreness but more on the joint in front. Nothing unbearable, but I don't want to get rotator problem. Any advice on streghthening this area?

      Thanks

      Comment


      • Originally posted by blitz2311 View Post
        Thats what I figured...I lost that loving feelng Hopefully it will be back tomorrow...

        Thx
        For sure change things up and hit it with some serious intensity. Not necessarily the heaviest weight but strict form and short rest periods.
        Get shredded! check out the transformations at
        www.prepbyalex.com

        Comment


        • Originally posted by fitnut123 View Post
          Alex, I think I told you that my body type is pretty much an ecto. I keep battling sore shoulders, not muscle soreness but more on the joint in front. Nothing unbearable, but I don't want to get rotator problem. Any advice on streghthening this area?

          Thanks
          Its common to have problems with the shoulder. For sure warm up good, stretch and use very strict form. I would stick to the presses and laterals but really keep the weight in control. Also try resting a little longer between sets.
          Get shredded! check out the transformations at
          www.prepbyalex.com

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Alex A View Post
            Its common to have problems with the shoulder. For sure warm up good, stretch and use very strict form. I would stick to the presses and laterals but really keep the weight in control. Also try resting a little longer between sets.
            Alex,

            I had bad problems with shoulder impingement about 10 years ago and my physical therapist said it was a common ailment she encountered with weightlifters/bodybuilders because they don't seem to place much emphasis on the rear deltoids. So ever since I've made sure I hit them as hard as I do the front and medial heads.

            It was explained to me that by working the other two heads more than the rear, you could cause the shoulder to sit awkwardly in the socket and cause painful aggravation. Hence, the need to keep things in balance.

            I haven't had problems with impingement since. But man that was a excruciatingly painful condition. It felt like someone was twisting a knife into my shoulder whenever I tried to raise my arm above shoulder height

            Comment


            • Originally posted by grumpwurst View Post
              Alex,

              I had bad problems with shoulder impingement about 10 years ago and my physical therapist said it was a common ailment she encountered with weightlifters/bodybuilders because they don't seem to place much emphasis on the rear deltoids. So ever since I've made sure I hit them as hard as I do the front and medial heads.

              It was explained to me that by working the other two heads more than the rear, you could cause the shoulder to sit awkwardly in the socket and cause painful aggravation. Hence, the need to keep things in balance.

              I haven't had problems with impingement since. But man that was a excruciatingly painful condition. It felt like someone was twisting a knife into my shoulder whenever I tried to raise my arm above shoulder height
              Thanks for the info. I hear you. Shoulder pain sucks big time. I used to be a very heavy bench presser and I know did some damage that has come and go ever since. My grip was always rather narrow, which puts a strain on the front delt. But nothing is worse than the pain even when your not working out.

              For example, laying in bed or just sitting around and your shoulder is throbbing.. Its hell. What worked for me was backing off on the heavy bench presses and warming up more.
              Get shredded! check out the transformations at
              www.prepbyalex.com

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Alex A View Post
                Thanks for the info. I hear you. Shoulder pain sucks big time. I used to be a very heavy bench presser and I know did some damage that has come and go ever since. My grip was always rather narrow, which puts a strain on the front delt. But nothing is worse than the pain even when your not working out.

                For example, laying in bed or just sitting around and your shoulder is throbbing.. Its hell. What worked for me was backing off on the heavy bench presses and warming up more.
                I'm having that same problem with bench right now. I have been doing some closer grip bench because I used to go out really wide. I don't think it did the initial damage to my shoulder (don't know what did), but man it hurts like a mother for the first couple sets. Then the pain goes away.

                Because I'm a side sleeper, the shoulder never gets to rest and heal.

                Add to that a herniated disk in my lumbar region and I'm falling apart...haha

                Comment


                • Hey Alex hows it going for you? Are you competing at Nationals?
                  Hey I don't know this may be out of line but what is your feeling on AAS?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by grumpwurst View Post
                    I'm having that same problem with bench right now. I have been doing some closer grip bench because I used to go out really wide. I don't think it did the initial damage to my shoulder (don't know what did), but man it hurts like a mother for the first couple sets. Then the pain goes away.

                    Because I'm a side sleeper, the shoulder never gets to rest and heal.

                    Add to that a herniated disk in my lumbar region and I'm falling apart...haha
                    I hear you there again, we are getting old. I have a bad disk too and when i train back and legs It just locks up really bad. Its really great after leg workouts, next couple days my legs are sore and my back is all locked up. Plus my house is two stories, going up and down the stairs.. it is a little miserable at times.. I often wonder, why? but keep going at it.
                    Get shredded! check out the transformations at
                    www.prepbyalex.com

                    Comment


                    • BTW do you still use a ton of carbs this close if you are going to be at Nationals

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by candidate View Post
                        Alex is the man ann all you beginners should be copy + paste to microsoft word and saving all of this guys posts for future reference !


                        hey alex man i got a question... how do you deal with day after soreness with injections? any kind of preventative measures? my gear is sterile i know for sure, i bake it too, i always clean with alcohol pads, i draw with one needle and use a sterile new needle for injection... but i still get pretty bad soreness. any advice or suggestions to help eliminate this?
                        This kind of discussion should take place in chemical section not in a beginners section. I do agree with you on Alex being the man though.

                        JJ

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by milkhouse View Post
                          BTW do you still use a ton of carbs this close if you are going to be at Nationals
                          To answer from your first post. Yes, im doing nationals and at least as focused as last year.

                          I really want to bring it this year. im trying to avoid some of the hype. Last year was a great year and everything, i just want to make a few less mistakes and show up my best. Things are going very well.

                          Im eating about 375grams of carbs now, i am considering increasing them. But what im starting to do is add a little fat into my diet in the evening instead of the carbs and that is keeping more weight on me.

                          Im trying to hold as much muscle as i can. Im almost ready and the show is 5.5 weeks away. Im pacing myself better this year.

                          Im super strong in the gym, extremely focused and intense. I get up at 3:30am to do cardio and get the day started.

                          Candidate: I will send you a PM in a little later today bro.

                          JJ: I will get back to you as well.. Also, there are pics posted of your friends from Sweden at the San Fran show.
                          Get shredded! check out the transformations at
                          www.prepbyalex.com

                          Comment


                          • Do you believe in using GDA'sSeeing that you are a High-carb dieter and get so lean?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Alex A View Post
                              Hi this Is Alex A. And Any beginners needing some help with their diets, cardio, etc. Feel free to ask.

                              Im working in more detail with some competitors who are doing shows in 2008 and am doing assessments of their physiques, updating their diets, cardio, supps. etc to get them totally dry, hard and ripped for their shows. YOu can check out my website at Prepbyalex.com

                              But anyone needing some quick help, etc, I dont mind helping. Im in the sport not really to make money but because I love bodybuilding.

                              I love the sport as a competitor and a fan as well. I started off not knowing shit about diet and prep for a contest.

                              I was lucky that through hard work and learning from others, I was able to win the novice overall and open class in my first show 6 years ago.

                              I have slowly gotten better with my prep for each contest and now I am competing at the biggest amateur shows. But I wish I had gotten good professional advise and knowledge from the get go. I would be that much better than I am today.

                              The bottom line is, i remember what it was like being a beginner.
                              Are you natural?

                              Comment


                              • ^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                bro, why ask something like that? This thread is about helping beginners, how is knowing whether this dude is natural going to help you?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X