Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Any beginners need help, just ask

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hey Alex, I am 16 years old and new to the MD website and forum. I'm not even sure this is going to work lol. I am 5'11 and 150 pounds. I play hockey 4 times a week and work very hard at practice.

    I am unhappy with the way i look, I am way too skinny and i need to get stronger/bigger everywhere. I want to be one of the guys at school who is known for being big, strong, and muscular. Help me!

    I eat as much as i possibly can, about 5000 calories a day and that includes my weight gain shake(2000 calories cause i pack it full of icecream). I started this diet at the beginning of the school year in september, and gained 8 pounds so far. I have no idea if this is a reasonable road to be on, if im gaining fast or slow, but i want the muscle now!

    What can i do to gain the weight i want, in a good time? What kind of gains can i expect to make reasonably? What excersizes should i be doing? weight, reps, sets ect.

    Is there anyway i could be hurting myself by eating so much? What is your opinion about youth working out, because ive heard a million stories about stuff going wrong.

    On more thing. My dad is a firm believer that creatine will make my heart explode, thats what he makes it sound like anyway. Can it hurt me? What does it ACTUALLY do? Is it safe to use it at 16?

    Thankyou for your help, keep up the good work!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by StevenLarry View Post
      Hey Alex, I am 16 years old and new to the MD website and forum. I'm not even sure this is going to work lol. I am 5'11 and 150 pounds. I play hockey 4 times a week and work very hard at practice.

      I am unhappy with the way i look, I am way too skinny and i need to get stronger/bigger everywhere. I want to be one of the guys at school who is known for being big, strong, and muscular. Help me!

      I eat as much as i possibly can, about 5000 calories a day and that includes my weight gain shake(2000 calories cause i pack it full of icecream). I started this diet at the beginning of the school year in september, and gained 8 pounds so far. I have no idea if this is a reasonable road to be on, if im gaining fast or slow, but i want the muscle now!

      What can i do to gain the weight i want, in a good time? What kind of gains can i expect to make reasonably? What excersizes should i be doing? weight, reps, sets ect.

      Is there anyway i could be hurting myself by eating so much? What is your opinion about youth working out, because ive heard a million stories about stuff going wrong.

      On more thing. My dad is a firm believer that creatine will make my heart explode, thats what he makes it sound like anyway. Can it hurt me? What does it ACTUALLY do? Is it safe to use it at 16?

      Thankyou for your help, keep up the good work!
      I believe at your age your ready to take on a solid training program. Sets, reps, etc. there is way to much detail to post on this board here. At your age, you are ready to start hitting it hard.. Your frame sure can handle some muscle.. I would join a gym and get started. As far as creatine making your heart explode, I dont think so. but Creatine is not the answer to your situation. You need to eat solid food and lift !
      Get shredded! check out the transformations at
      www.prepbyalex.com

      Comment


      • okay thank you. is there any risk of me eating to much? like im in the bathroom alot but other than that, can i damage my kidneys or anything by forcing myself to eat? i sometimes throw up at night too. i know its depriving myself of food and i need to stop before it gets to that point. but could that be a sign of something more than just being too full?

        Comment


        • StevenLarry,

          If you are stuffing yourself with food before going to bed you are going to throw up. I've done it many times, but that was during my more glutenous days before resuming bodybuilding and involved large quantities of spaghetti.

          There are some formulas out there on how much to eat, I'm just not confident enough on them to speak with confidence. I'm still learning myself

          Comment


          • Thanks man. im just trying to feel better about myself and feel good in my own skin. everybody has their reasons i guess. what was your for starting to bodybuild or just generally workout?

            Any help from anyone is greatly appriciated. thanks for the tip man!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Darkhrse99 View Post
              Alex,

              I'm bulking until feb. and weigh 170 right now. I just got through with doing a cycle of m1t that I gained 10 lbs on. It's been a little over a week on pct and still weighing 169-170. This is the diet I've been on for 3-4 months. I wasn't gaining weigh until the m1t cycle. I want to put more weight on but want to know where I can improve my diet or should I leave it alone.

              2511 cal. 210g Protein 197g Carbs

              3000 bmr


              Thanks

              Jason
              Are you kidding me Jason? I am a 124lb girl on my second strength/hypertrophy (bulk if you will) phase and I eat just over 2600 cals a day on average with 244 g of Protein and 222 g of carbs and 90 or so g of fat. I am gaining just a little under 1 lb a week.

              You don't need the cycle, you need to eat man! Take all the money you are spending on the juice and put it towards some more groceries or a good nutritionist.

              Okay seriously.... You really aren't eating that many calories. Remember it takes 2800 cals for 1 lb of muscle! At 170 lbs of bw, it doesn't add up for you.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by StevenLarry View Post
                Thanks man. im just trying to feel better about myself and feel good in my own skin. everybody has their reasons i guess. what was your for starting to bodybuild or just generally workout?

                Any help from anyone is greatly appriciated. thanks for the tip man!
                I would take things slow, you dont want to rush and put bad weight on just to see bigger numbers on the scale. your young bro, get started and plan on training for a long time, make it a lifestyle.
                Get shredded! check out the transformations at
                www.prepbyalex.com

                Comment


                • Originally posted by kfisherx View Post
                  Are you kidding me Jason? I am a 124lb girl on my second strength/hypertrophy (bulk if you will) phase and I eat just over 2600 cals a day on average with 244 g of Protein and 222 g of carbs and 90 or so g of fat. I am gaining just a little under 1 lb a week.

                  You don't need the cycle, you need to eat man! Take all the money you are spending on the juice and put it towards some more groceries or a good nutritionist.

                  Okay seriously.... You really aren't eating that many calories. Remember it takes 2800 cals for 1 lb of muscle! At 170 lbs of bw, it doesn't add up for you.
                  I've upped the calories since I made that post. I have been eating mid 3000 calories and getting my protein to 300g and carbs to 30 or alittle more.
                  Jason
                  http://www.ironmaglabs.com/

                  Comment


                  • What foods should i try to eat alot of? how much food is reasonable for me to eat and do you think eating alot of calories/protein at one time could have any negative effects on my health or training?

                    Thank you for your help

                    Comment


                    • Hey man I've been lifting on and off for the past year and a half. I'm 21, 5'10 and weigh 168 pounds. I'd like to put on a lot of mass so would you know a simple diet? I'm in college and pretty bad at cooking but this is what I'm working with at the minute.
                      7am: Protein shake 8am: 1 cup of oats 1 banana 2 kiwis. During the day I usually bring some chicken fillets, fruit and cashews for lunch and for dinner it's usually potatos with veges and steak or chicken.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by StevenLarry View Post
                        What foods should i try to eat alot of? how much food is reasonable for me to eat and do you think eating alot of calories/protein at one time could have any negative effects on my health or training?

                        Thank you for your help
                        Pretty much stick to clean foods...chicken breast, turkey breast, fish, super lean ground beef and clean carbs.. What i mean by clean is... no sauces, oils or fried stuff. BBQ is best...you have to start cooking your own food. eating out clean is tough. Also, space your meals out throughout the day.. eat about every 3 hours...
                        Get shredded! check out the transformations at
                        www.prepbyalex.com

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by DublinLarry View Post
                          Hey man I've been lifting on and off for the past year and a half. I'm 21, 5'10 and weigh 168 pounds. I'd like to put on a lot of mass so would you know a simple diet? I'm in college and pretty bad at cooking but this is what I'm working with at the minute.
                          7am: Protein shake 8am: 1 cup of oats 1 banana 2 kiwis. During the day I usually bring some chicken fillets, fruit and cashews for lunch and for dinner it's usually potatos with veges and steak or chicken.
                          I would say that your meal one have the shake and oats, then meal 2 chicken breast and a cup of rice or potato and veggies, and another meal before lunch and dinner you should have a good portion of meat..i.e turkey breast, chicken or lean steak, some carbs and veggies or salad and last meal can be a shake and the cashews or almonds..
                          Get shredded! check out the transformations at
                          www.prepbyalex.com

                          Comment


                          • Alex, good at nationals. I think you should contact Quaker about getting a sponsorship.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by philborg View Post
                              Alex, good at nationals. I think you should contact Quaker about getting a sponsorship.

                              Yeah really, thanks! i have a good sponsor though with Xenadrine and Taraxatone but if things dry up, im hitting up Quaker or Uncle Bens.
                              Get shredded! check out the transformations at
                              www.prepbyalex.com

                              Comment


                              • beginner question

                                I am a beginner. Will dhea help me or be a waste of time?
                                Originally posted by Alex A View Post
                                Hi this Is Alex A. And Any beginners needing some help with their diets, cardio, etc. Feel free to ask.

                                Im working in more detail with some competitors who are doing shows in 2008 and am doing assessments of their physiques, updating their diets, cardio, supps. etc to get them totally dry, hard and ripped for their shows. YOu can check out my website at Prepbyalex.com

                                But anyone needing some quick help, etc, I dont mind helping. Im in the sport not really to make money but because I love bodybuilding.

                                I love the sport as a competitor and a fan as well. I started off not knowing shit about diet and prep for a contest.

                                I was lucky that through hard work and learning from others, I was able to win the novice overall and open class in my first show 6 years ago.

                                I have slowly gotten better with my prep for each contest and now I am competing at the biggest amateur shows. But I wish I had gotten good professional advise and knowledge from the get go. I would be that much better than I am today.

                                The bottom line is, i remember what it was like being a beginner.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X