Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Any beginners need help, just ask

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for replying Alex, I'll give those meals a try.

Comment

• Originally posted by DublinLarry View Post
      Thanks for replying Alex, I'll give those meals a try.
      Larry: sure thing brother, if you have more specific questions email me at
      prepbyalex@aol.com ok dont hesitate. lets get you on track.. i have been a little vaige with may answers due to the fact that my show is just around the corner..
      Mother: Dhea im not sure what that is.. what does it stand for.. thanks. i will check in to it.
      Get shredded! check out the transformations at
      www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• DHEA - dehydroepiandrosterone

Comment

• Not big into drugs or supplements for building muscle. I eat lot of organic food. Was wondering if they're are organic diets out there that will build muscle. Not looking to get huge

Comment

• Alex I've been trying a new meal plan based on what you told me, any thoughts:
            Meal 1: 8am- 1 cup oats, 1 banana, 2 kiwis.
            Meal 2: 10am- 2 mandarins
            Meal 3: 12pm- 1 cup rice + chicken fillet
            Meal 4: 3pm- 1 cup rice + chicken fillet
            Meal 5: 6pm- Potatoes, meat, cabbage
            Meal 6: 9pm- Beans
            The times can vary as my college classes can start at different times but all meals barring meal 5 are going to be eaten every day. For meal 5 it's usually a mix of potatoes, veges and a meat.

Comment

• i need some help with my elbows... i only really like to train as heavy as i can but had to lay back cause of the pain...im taking gnc's triflex an that helped for a bit but dosent seem to do anything anymore...i also wear elbow wraps...also when im curling i get this crazy pain like tendentious at the bottom of my bicep and that only goes away when i go heaver...is that weird???
              If You Cant Go Beyond Your Limits Then Push Your Boundaries

Comment

• Originally posted by DublinLarry View Post
                Alex I've been trying a new meal plan based on what you told me, any thoughts:
                Meal 1: 8am- 1 cup oats, 1 banana, 2 kiwis.
                Meal 2: 10am- 2 mandarins
                Meal 3: 12pm- 1 cup rice + chicken fillet
                Meal 4: 3pm- 1 cup rice + chicken fillet
                Meal 5: 6pm- Potatoes, meat, cabbage
                Meal 6: 9pm- Beans
                The times can vary as my college classes can start at different times but all meals barring meal 5 are going to be eaten every day. For meal 5 it's usually a mix of potatoes, veges and a meat.
                Bro, its great to map out your plan but i would suggest the following: meal one, the oats and a small banana is fine but 2 kiwis might be overkill. I.e too many carbs for that meal.
                Meal 2 i would consider some complex carb instead of the fruit. meal 3, 4, and five look good but make sure to measure up your portions..

and meal 6, i would go with a protein meal with some fat perhaps almonds or a little peanut butter
                www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Originally posted by ny_inkslinger View Post
                  i need some help with my elbows... i only really like to train as heavy as i can but had to lay back cause of the pain...im taking gnc's triflex an that helped for a bit but dosent seem to do anything anymore...i also wear elbow wraps...also when im curling i get this crazy pain like tendentious at the bottom of my bicep and that only goes away when i go heaver...is that weird???
                  I have had this pain before and i went to a doctor who told me it was "tennis elbow" It particularly hurt when curly or doing forearm exercises. An ez curl bar will take some of the pressure off the tendon.

Its basically inflamation and in my opinion, it will go away, just give it some time.. Mine did, a few years ago and never came back.. I curl mostly with a straight bar and zero pain.
                  www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Originally posted by jj2006
                    Hey Alex A. We all know your a shredder machine when it comes to your physique, I am currently facing a problem. I recently got lean and big at 168lb last August, then ever since august I wanted to get big in size, so I started to eat alot and didnt really follow a diet, just ate alot of carbs and some average protein intake, as you know. I notice now I am looking fat rather then big and muscular. Im now 206.5lb 20-23% bodyfat, 17 years old 5'8".

What should I do as if my situation. Can i still gain mass and trim down? Its because i didnt do any cardio or abs or even calves for the past 2-3months. Maybe thats why.

Thanks!!!
                    I would slow things down, get on a good meal plan and incorporate some cardio into the plan. I just finished a 4month prep and did cardio the day after my show. It is my opinion, especially at your age to grow slow. Eat clean, do cardio and give it time. Too many carbs and calories and you will start to have problems.
                    www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Thanks for the advice Alex, if you have time to take a look I've started a journal called DublinLarrys training journal. I put up pics today and a revised mealplan. I'll put up exercises starting next week. Thanks again man

Comment

• Alex A, i was wondering if you could help me out with a diet. This is my first bodybuilding diet and im really knew to the whole diet concept. I used to just eat as much of whatever i could to get bigger. Right now im 5'10, 185lbs and hoping to put on as much mass as possible. From the research i did, this is the diet i came up with....

Meal 1: 8 Eggs (3 Whole, 5 Whites), 1 Cup Oatmeal, 1 Banana
                        Meal 2: 8oz chicken, 1 cup brown rice, 1 cup broccolli
                        Meal 3: Syntha-6 Shake w/ Peanut Butter & 10g Leucine
                        Meal 4: 8oz chicken, 1 cup wheat pasta
                        Meal 5: Syntha-6 Shake w/ 10g Leucine
                        Meal 6: 10oz steak, Large Potato
                        Meal 7: Meal Replacement Bar
                        Meal 8: 6oz Tuna on Whole Grain Bread
                        Addition to the diet will be a creatine and fish oil supplement.

If you could make any changes or suggestions i would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance, and i think the way you take time to help us beginners is great!

Comment

• Originally posted by MusclesMarinara View Post
                          Alex A, i was wondering if you could help me out with a diet. This is my first bodybuilding diet and im really knew to the whole diet concept. I used to just eat as much of whatever i could to get bigger. Right now im 5'10, 185lbs and hoping to put on as much mass as possible. From the research i did, this is the diet i came up with....

Meal 1: 8 Eggs (3 Whole, 5 Whites), 1 Cup Oatmeal, 1 Banana
                          Meal 2: 8oz chicken, 1 cup brown rice, 1 cup broccolli
                          Meal 3: Syntha-6 Shake w/ Peanut Butter & 10g Leucine
                          Meal 4: 8oz chicken, 1 cup wheat pasta
                          Meal 5: Syntha-6 Shake w/ 10g Leucine
                          Meal 6: 10oz steak, Large Potato
                          Meal 7: Meal Replacement Bar
                          Meal 8: 6oz Tuna on Whole Grain Bread
                          Addition to the diet will be a creatine and fish oil supplement.

If you could make any changes or suggestions i would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance, and i think the way you take time to help us beginners is great!
                          Larry: im going to go over and check out your journal, and see if i can contribute anymore

This diet seems good but you know, bodytype, type of training and goals are a big part of everything. I know you want to put on mass but.... what you can do is, give it a go and see how it works for you.

I really like the structure of the diet, as far as the number of meals. but it is some what high in fat and carbs as well. Bars are never part of my diets.. It all depends on how strict you want to be..to me, a meal replacement bar is convient food which i dont include in my plans. Also, bread before bed is not something i would advise..
                          www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• thanks for the advice. ill make some changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex A View Post
                              I really like the structure of the diet, as far as the number of meals. but it is some what high in fat and carbs as well. Bars are never part of my diets.. It all depends on how strict you want to be..to me, a meal replacement bar is convient food which i dont include in my plans. Also, bread before bed is not something i would advise..
                              Is there anything in particular you would eliminate as far as carbs and fat?i will have a shake instead of the bar also unless you have a better idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by MusclesMarinara View Post
                                Is there anything in particular you would eliminate as far as carbs and fat?i will have a shake instead of the bar also unless you have a better idea.
                                I would eliminate the pb and the fish oil supplement, your eating a good amount of carbs, and fat in the form of steak and whole eggs, i really dont think you need added fats. PB is good maybe before bed if your on a low carb diet.
                                www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

Working...
                                X