Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Any beginners need help, just ask

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just a bump for one of the best threads on this board

Comment

Originally posted by flexingtonsteele View Post
      just a bump for one of the best threads on this board
      Thanks bro! Im currently helping a couple members from this board. One is getting ready for a show and the others just want to get in the best shape of their lives. Either way, its fun and a challenge for me. I really would love to help a super out of shape guy get in contest shape. It would be allot of work but can be done in six months or less. Bring me your obese!
      Get shredded! check out the transformations at
      www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

Alex when do you plan on competing again? How is your diet and training/cardio looking right now? Eating strict or lenient?
        "Do Work"

Comment

Alex is truly one of the great athletes and people in this sport. Just a class act on and off stage. We need more like you, brother!

Comment

Alex, I've been working out for 2.5 years naturally now, I am 20 years old, 5'8'' 200lbs. I've been bulking for almost 6 months now and plan on cutting when March rolls around. I want to keep as much muscle as possible when I cut down, I'm not certain if I will be doing a show, so I don't want to get show lean. At what bodyfat % or when do you think a natural starts to really lose muscle? I want to get to about the point.

So my question is, at 5'8'' 200 what kind of diet would you have me on? I've tried the keto diet and I lost a LOT of muscle (could have been from the excessive cardio as well).

Here's a vid. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReCawQxpnyc
            Trueprotein.com 5% Discount code- KEM010

Comment

Originally posted by Alex A View Post
              Thanks bro! Im currently helping a couple members from this board. One is getting ready for a show and the others just want to get in the best shape of their lives. Either way, its fun and a challenge for me. I really would love to help a super out of shape guy get in contest shape. It would be allot of work but can be done in six months or less. Bring me your obese!
              Haha, well ill be your guinea pig, you get me in contest shape, and you'll be a GENIUS!!!!

Ill email you soon about that.

Glen

Comment

Originally posted by Texan9 View Post
                Alex when do you plan on competing again? How is your diet and training/cardio looking right now? Eating strict or lenient?
                Thanks allot for asking. Im following an off season similar to last years prep for nationals. I am going to be competing in Atlanata in 08. Im very excited!

I have used pics from last years prep to study my mistakes and to show up on stage looking very much like i did at one week out. And I will not be traveling alone to the show as I found it to be stressfull doing everything alone.

I have put on some off season weight, but not much. Im keeping my bodyfat under ten percent. But, im still eating some good foods when i want to, so its not really that hard.

I have found that sticking with my contest prep in the off season, with some good clean foods added works just fine. Im doing cardio five per week. On training days.

Thanks a heck of allot for asking. Im really looking forward to competing again and sharing my journey and experiences with you guys. Take care, alex a
                www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

Gerry T is a great guy as well, always a solid contributor to the boards and keeps things positive. A great guy to have in your corner, obviously!

Younguns. Im going to check out the vid and what you wrote me and get back to you asap.

Glen bro your not obsese, I want someone like Operah or some big fat guy who wants to work hard. Just kidding, anyone who wants to go from chump to champ!
                  www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

Originally posted by Youngguns View Post
                    Alex, I've been working out for 2.5 years naturally now, I am 20 years old, 5'8'' 200lbs. I've been bulking for almost 6 months now and plan on cutting when March rolls around. I want to keep as much muscle as possible when I cut down, I'm not certain if I will be doing a show, so I don't want to get show lean. At what bodyfat % or when do you think a natural starts to really lose muscle? I want to get to about the point.

So my question is, at 5'8'' 200 what kind of diet would you have me on? I've tried the keto diet and I lost a LOT of muscle (could have been from the excessive cardio as well).

Here's a vid. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReCawQxpnyc
                    I saw your video and spent some time drawing up a quick plan of action for you, check out your pms. take care alex a
                    www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

Alex thanks for the great thread !

What is your vieuw on supplements ?What you use and why ?

I notice you like high cars low fat but how high would you advise protien to be ?

I think everybody love to see the quik programs you make for people like younggungs everybody can learn from them.

Greets from Holland

Comment

Originally posted by Zwier View Post
                        Alex thanks for the great thread !

What is your vieuw on supplements ?What you use and why ?

I notice you like high cars low fat but how high would you advise protien to be ?

I think everybody love to see the quik programs you make for people like younggungs everybody can learn from them.

Greets from Holland

Im really not a big believer in supplements. Im more into food than supps!

I dont believe in creatine, it seems to only make you hold water. But others dissagree. I havent used the stuff since it first came out.

Glutamine is good for helping preserve muscle before your sleep or between meals. I only believe its beneficial when your dieting and not eating at night or for periods of time that are excessive.

I believe in a good multi vitamin mineral supplement and protein powder. I but the cheapest stuff out there. Protein is protein. I buy the bulk stuff from COSCO.

Thats pretty much it.

As far as protein goes. I try to get about fifty grams per serving. Six servings per day. I believe in getting in about two grams per pound of bodyweight. That seems to work well.

Based on younguns video I believe he should continue to train hard and not drop cardio from his plan. I believe in eating good, training hard and doing cardio to keep the bodyfat in check.

I dont believe in Bulking up because that really just means putting on unnecessary weight that your going to take off anyways. I believe in eating more calories and food during your off season, but training for conditioning.

I am a conditioning bodybuilder year round. I do abs, cardio, and stay lean and tight. Not the fitness model look but the lean hard look! Fat and sloppy is not my thing, anymore. I lift heavy but don't care about how heavy. I dont keep track of what i lift. I dont use journals, etc.

I believe each day is a different day in the gym and you should treat it that day. For example. for legs i usuaaly do squats, leg pressess and extensions.

Yesterday I did squats, it felt so good, i just kept doing set after set after set and did Ten sets. Then I finished up with leg extensions. I go by feel of the weight and exercise. If somtdhing is working good, stick to it.

Young guns mentioned about bodyfat, I believe ten percent is a great goal for many. That is pretty damn low, it really is. If you can hold that all year long, I praise you. Any other questions?
                        www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

I was wondering if you guys find it harder to stay motivated during the winter months?

I do pretty good, but man, i love being super lean in the summer. My next show is nationals in November, i wish that show was mid summer!
                          www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

I was wondering if you guys find it harder to stay motivated during the winter months?

I do pretty good, but man, i love being super lean in the summer. My next show is nationals in November, i wish that show was mid summer!
                            LOL! I always seem to do things backwards, currently I am dieting for the Northern Kentucky the largest one day amateur show in the country. Here are my current pics at 7 weeks out: http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=bx2hulyk.659nc9ig&x=0&y=qaeji .

So, by the time I hit all my spring shows by May it will be time for me to start an offseason phase which I havent really had in years, but is evident I need. I am not sure which class Ill fall into this time, I really dont care, but it will be light or bantam. I would prefer top of bantams but I wont chase it.

So I have to decide to get fully into my offseason or diet a bit after May to enjoy the leanness for the summer. Decisions. Ill probably settle for about 50 carbs past saturation so for me about 380 keeping protein around 1.5 lbm with lower fats, around 40 and see how I react to that. I should stay fairly lean but add some clean mass.

How is your prep for Nationals coming along, you adding any size?

Ss

Comment

Originally posted by scoobysnacks View Post
                              LOL! I always seem to do things backwards, currently I am dieting for the Northern Kentucky the largest one day amateur show in the country. Here are my current pics at 7 weeks out: http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=bx2hulyk.659nc9ig&x=0&y=qaeji .

So, by the time I hit all my spring shows by May it will be time for me to start an offseason phase which I havent really had in years, but is evident I need. I am not sure which class Ill fall into this time, I really dont care, but it will be light or bantam. I would prefer top of bantams but I wont chase it.

So I have to decide to get fully into my offseason or diet a bit after May to enjoy the leanness for the summer. Decisions. Ill probably settle for about 50 carbs past saturation so for me about 380 keeping protein around 1.5 lbm with lower fats, around 40 and see how I react to that. I should stay fairly lean but add some clean mass.

How is your prep for Nationals coming along, you adding any size?

Ss
                              You are seven weeks out in the pics? You look way ahead of schedule which is good! Or should I say awesome. How many shows are you doing this year? Hope you kick ass in all of them. Your plan sounds good, changing up things with the diet should be a good move. I like the bump in carbs bro. Im sure your going to like what happens.

My plan last year was to keep my weight low because I knew I would struggle to make weight since my show prior to the Nationals was the USA and on thursdays weigh in i was 154lbs on the nose! barley made it! The stupidest thing was thinking I could go nearly 16months and still make it a 154lbs again. Wrong! Yeah I did, but lost about 7 lbs of muscle.

This year im putting on a some size,nothing ridiculous. No double chins or belly but eating more, more carbs, more protein and more fats. And training a bit heavier. I do want to gain about 3-5lbs and be about 165 at nationals next year. That is a good weight for me. I should be able to. I weigh 163lbs in the pics I posted at 5 days out. Keep in touch. alex a
                              www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

You are seven weeks out in the pics? You look way ahead of schedule which is good! Or should I say awesome. How many shows are you doing this year? Hope you kick ass in all of them. Your plan sounds good, changing up things with the diet should be a good move. I like the bump in carbs bro. Im sure your going to like what happens.

My plan last year was to keep my weight low because I knew I would struggle to make weight since my show prior to the Nationals was the USA and on thursdays weigh in i was 154lbs on the nose! barley made it! The stupidest thing was thinking I could go nearly 16months and still make it a 154lbs again. Wrong! Yeah I did, but lost about 7 lbs of muscle.

This year im putting on a some size,nothing ridiculous. No double chins or belly but eating more, more carbs, more protein and more fats. And training a bit heavier. I do want to gain about 3-5lbs and be about 165 at nationals next year. That is a good weight for me. I should be able to. I weigh 163lbs in the pics I posted at 5 days out. Keep in touch. alex a
                                Thanks means a lot coming from someone who gets shredded, if I can get near your conditioning Ill be a happy man. Currently prepping on 275 c/250p/40f. Drop them 225 on non training days, loving how its working.

I agree with you about top of the welters will be a good weight for you to come in full and that Alex A conditioning. Your lean tissue goals seem very attainable as well allowing you to stay leaner. I know for myself at 5'5" I should be more around 154 to have a fighting chance at ever winning an overall at the local/regional level, but baby steps, lol. I will get there though.

Ill stay in touch.....good chatting with you, I guess our shows just have us dieting into the winter, lol.....but I can hold some of it if I choose...

Ss

Comment

Working...
                                X