Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Any beginners need help, just ask

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alex A View Post
    No problem. Here is the thing, you have to get your heart rate up and get a good swet going in order to burn calories.
    I say, whatever it takes, a fast walk, incline, whatever is needed to get you sweting. When i really transformed myself from fat to fit, i did this using the escalating stairs.

thanks!!
    Last edited by speedy; December 11, 2008, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• another quick question what would be a good test cycle and aniti estogen product to take im thinking of test 250 and for how long on and off the cycle is ideal i heard three months is good and how also many cc's how would i go about this??

Comment

• Originally posted by f-ren View Post
        another quick question what would be a good test cycle and aniti estogen product to take im thinking of test 250 and for how long on and off the cycle is ideal i heard three months is good and how also many cc's how would i go about this??
        Sorry bro, no offense but wrong thread. This thread is for beginners, in my opinion, that topic is for bbers that compete or plan on competing.
        Get shredded! check out the transformations at
        www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Hi Alex,

Taking you up on the offer.

Name is Lou, I am 6'2 258lbs I am a Police Officer and working mids does not help totally throws off everything. I realized my eating habits Pizza, Fast food, garbage in general. I was 270 but I came to my senses and cut down on the junk I been eating.

Now I been hitting the gym for about 2 months.

I am doing cardio (4 days a week) for 1 hour 4-5 miles. Then switch to weights (2-3 days a week) for another 45min-1hour depending how I feel. And finish off with sit ups 30-50 again depending on how burnt I feel. I recently bought Nano Vapor I personally like it with no side effects to report so far. And follow up with Wheybolic 60 shake for post work out. I like how I am progressing but need help with a diet considering the hours I work or maybe a more detailed workout schedule.

Thanks for your help and anyone else in advance,

Comment

• Originally posted by NARC View Post
            Hi Alex,

Taking you up on the offer.

Name is Lou, I am 6'2 258lbs I am a Police Officer and working mids does not help totally throws off everything. I realized my eating habits Pizza, Fast food, garbage in general. I was 270 but I came to my senses and cut down on the junk I been eating.

Now I been hitting the gym for about 2 months.

I am doing cardio (4 days a week) for 1 hour 4-5 miles. Then switch to weights (2-3 days a week) for another 45min-1hour depending how I feel. And finish off with sit ups 30-50 again depending on how burnt I feel. I recently bought Nano Vapor I personally like it with no side effects to report so far. And follow up with Wheybolic 60 shake for post work out. I like how I am progressing but need help with a diet considering the hours I work or maybe a more detailed workout schedule.

Thanks for your help and anyone else in advance,
            I would try to find the time to get in the gym 5 days per week. I think you would feel great if you got into a routine of doing cardio at the end of each workout so your doing cardio for 20-30min per day.

I would hit each major muscle group one time per week and like i mentioned finish with a 20-30min cardio session. This altogether would take roughly an hour out of your day. The key would be time management.

I would consider the following breakdown:

day 1 arms(bis and tris) straight bar curl, preacher and concentration: rop pushdown, close grip bench and skull crushers

day 2 chest flat bench bar or dumbell press, incline dumbell or barbell and flat bench flies or peck deck

day 3 legs hack or free squat, leg press, leg extensions: lying leg curl, standing curl and straight leg deadlift

day 4 shoulders/traps shoulder press with bar or dumbells, side and rear laterals and shrugs

day 5 back wide grip pulls to front, close grip pulls to front, seated close grip pulls, deadlifts/rack or regular or hypers, calves

Your diet is going to be key as you should bring food to work with you, in a cooler(hopefully you can do this on patrol). I would advise getting your meals ready the night before. i.e cook chicken breast, some lean steak, rice, potato. Weigh up approximately 8 oz portions of lean meat and 4-6 oz portions of carbs per meal and bring 2-3 meals to work with you.

as a morning meal eat a nice 8 oz serving of protein or a protein drink you make yourself and maybe a cup of oatmeal with a small banana. For your night meal, cut the carbs down and eat more protein and a small salad. Preparing your meals and cooking them yourself i believe will be a major part in helping you achieve what your after. The cardio, diet and weight training are all important. I hope this helps.
            Last edited by Alex A; December 15, 2008, 10:27 PM.
            www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Originally posted by jj2006
              Alex, for someone who is 200-205lb 5'10 with a high bf% like 20% or so. In what ways could I manage to keep the mass but just decrease bodyfat percentage only?
              Well, Not to give you a hard time but some one who is 5'10" and 200-205lbs and bodyfat of 20 percent is not really that massive.

No offense but you really need to get your bodyfat down big time. You will look bigger. I have pics where im 165lbs at 5'4" and look massive .

Its all an illusion. I would not get caught up on numbers, Just get yourself looking massive and lean and you will be surprised how much you actually weigh.

In this pic right here im 5'4" and weigh 160lbs. doesnt sound very impressive but people think i weigh more than i really do
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Alex A; December 16, 2008, 08:13 AM.
              www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• design a program

Originally posted by fitnut123 View Post
                Alex,

I am sure I could find it somewhere on these boards if I looked long enough-but have that thing called a job, wife, kids, etc. so here it goes.

Been at the weight lifting for about a year. Like the results so far, but feel most of the time idon't know what I am doing. I worked out my bi's and tri's on Monday, supposed to work on the chest today, but it is sore from Monday. Still want to work out though.

I can get to the weights three days a week, sometimes four. What would be the best schedule for muscle groups? I figure it would take over a two week period. Like week one MWF on Monday do chest and back, on Wed legs, on Fri arms and shoulders. Week two Monday should I just start over? I do cardio on the non weight days.

I hope I am not being too confusing. I like the results I am seeing, arms are bigger, more chest definition. Too cheap for a trainer at this point and I am not sold on some of the trainers I have seen in action. I have been using Shapefit.com for examples of the different exercises.

Other than that, I would appreciate any light you can shed.

Thanks!
                Alex:

I asked the above a few days ago. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Fitnut

Comment

• Originally posted by fitnut123 View Post
                  Alex:

I asked the above a few days ago. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Fitnut
                  I wasnt/am sure what the question is? if you can be specific maybe i can help.

I am also married, we have a 2 year old daughter and my wife is due in March, i have a full time teaching job, and attend all the regional NPC shows in California, USA and compete at the nationals.
                  I am also doing the prep for more than a few guys with upcoming shows. I also help people in detail with specific diets and plans. This thread is to answer questions, not really write up diets and training programs.

As far as my training in the gym goes, i have a distinct purpose each day and get the job done fast and efficient along with my own nutritional plan. I dont compete to just compete, i try to stay in contest shape all year long. When i work with a person on a plan to get in shape, its not to just get in shape, its to stay in shape forever. My plans/diet is an eating and training program that can be followed all year long.
                  www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Hemoglobin View Post
                    whats the most effective way to measure body fat?
                    Thats a great question and I learned when i was a Kinesiology undergrad that the only true way to measure body fat is to take a body and carve out all the fat and weigh it and then weigh the body, subtract the fat and calculate the percentage..
                    That is the most accurate, but calipers are pretty much the only realistic way to do it. And to tell you the truth, since i started competing i have never measured my bodyfat.
                    www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

Wow impressive. Indeed you look huge.

For me, how many times a day shall I do cardio with how much time?

And for diet should I just lower carbs all the way down and up fat?
                      once a day cardio is plenty but i would say 4-6 days per week would be ideal at atleast 25-35min per day. I would start maybe at 25, then work your way up to 35. start off 4 days per week then increase to 6. I cant see you going wrong with working your cardio vascular system, so im an advocate of cardio.
                      www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Yo!is it wrong to do cardio 7-times a week pre contest - overtraining?

Comment

In regards to this would you prefer HIIT or Low-intensity on any cardio machine going at walking pace.

I hear doing HIIT loses muscle mass + size of your legs

I was 140lb 14% bf in May 2008. Came back in August 13, 2008 was 168lb 12% bf. Apparently I wanted to bulk but it went to a bad direction too much carbs, no cardio or abs. So now I am stuck.

Thanks Alex Azarian
                          God bless you
                          I would not do high intensity cardio all the time, but mixing up the sessions should be fine.

I would go for a nice moderate pace, lets say if you go too intense lets say jogging your going to lose some muscle but your also going to get really lean.. so you have to decide what look your after.

If your after a muscular/lean look i would keep the cardio moderate. Dont be too scared to throw some intense sessions in there, keep the duration at 30 min or less. I hope this is some help bro..

Hannie: i would say that 7 days might be too much, since you should get some rest but 6 days at a moderate pace and keeping the duration under 30min is going to keep you lean. Everyone is different, lets say if your an ectomorph your going to burn up too much muscle perhaps or not put any on.

If i dont do some cardio in the off season, i get fat( to most people im not, but to me, i feel fat). So, mentally i like to please myself, so i do cardio all year to keep me feeling healthy and lean.. Im not trying to play a size game, im competing at a high amateur level, but also want to look, feel and perform activities of daily living in a healthy manner.
                          www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Hi Alex and all,
                            I am a 43yr old woman and complete novice. I have been working out for 4/5 days a week for 7mths after years of inactivity. I really enjoy it. However, I am very weak esp. shoulders & chest.

My range of movement in my shoulders is very limited before they start to click, creak, a feel like gristle is knocking together. It doesnt hurt but it is off-putting and feels like i might break.

I am trying to increase the weights but I am very feeble. My diet isnt perfect but it's not bad either...i eat regularily, eat reasonably clean and try to maintain a balance (i dont starve).

So my question here is really have you seen people come in weak like me and grow much, much stronger?

Thanks Evanna.
                            Last edited by evanna; December 17, 2008, 10:53 PM.

Comment

• Hi Alex, I have just begun working out again. I'm looking for some advice on what would be a good work out plan for me. Im 5'5, 32 and thinking about getting into figure comps. one day. I currently way about 180. Check my pics and tell me what u think I should do. I'm at the gym 3-4 times per week. Doing cardio 30-45 minutes per visit. Thanks!!

Comment

• Originally posted by evanna View Post
                                Hi Alex and all,
                                I am a 43yr old woman and complete novice. I have been working out for 4/5 days a week for 7mths after years of inactivity. I really enjoy it. However, I am very weak esp. shoulders & chest.

My range of movement in my shoulders is very limited before they start to click, creak, a feel like gristle is knocking together. It doesnt hurt but it is off-putting and feels like i might break.

I am trying to increase the weights but I am very feeble. My diet isnt perfect but it's not bad either...i eat regularily, eat reasonably clean and try to maintain a balance (i dont starve).

So my question here is really have you seen people come in weak like me and grow much, much stronger?

Thanks Evanna.
                                Your not really that old at all. You just have to get over the years of in activity and take it from there. I have seen some great bbers well into their forties and older. Dont Feel that your too old. You are young enough to get started!
                                www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

Working...
                                X