Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Any beginners need help, just ask

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SMW View Post
    Ok thanks.. I just heard that from a source an they said it had something to do with the drink passing threw your kidneys etc etc something of that nature but i wasnt sure so wanted to ask.. Thanks for the feedback..
    sure bro anytime.. Drink or solid food. protein is protein. And your body can absorb the amount you described. hope all is going great with your training and the rest of your diet.. take care.
    Get shredded! check out the transformations at
    www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Please somebody help me. I'm new to the boards but have always loved to watch the sport. Now I actually want to be part of the sport. I know I have a long way to go, but to start off I want to get lean and cut down my body fat. I know carbs aren't necessary, but I'm kind of addicted (I love bread and potatoes). Just for starters, what is the ideal amount of carbs I should take in per day if I don't want to compltely cut them out yet? I do about 45 min to 1hr of light cardio a day (some intervals) and would guess I have about 20-25% bodyfat. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Newbie... I am middle aged and commited to getting back. How does someone get up to date on the bombard of suppliments and addatives. Is there a way to get a diagnosis and special plan taylored for me? How and who can I contact for quality information on all of the steroids, hormones, and supplements that are best for me? Thanks in advance for the info.

Comment

• Originally posted by ILscratch View Post
          Please somebody help me. I'm new to the boards but have always loved to watch the sport. Now I actually want to be part of the sport. I know I have a long way to go, but to start off I want to get lean and cut down my body fat. I know carbs aren't necessary, but I'm kind of addicted (I love bread and potatoes). Just for starters, what is the ideal amount of carbs I should take in per day if I don't want to compltely cut them out yet? I do about 45 min to 1hr of light cardio a day (some intervals) and would guess I have about 20-25% bodyfat. Thanks in advance.
          Bro, everything depends on how you look, train and eat..carbs are necessary. i eat quite a bit every day in the form of whole wheat bread, rice and oatmeal.

you need to get a good plan going where your eating a a structured diet, training with weights atleast 5 days a week, and doing regular cardio.. Its up to you, but i can put a good plan together.

If you want to be part of the sport you have to get a good start going, stick to it and be discipline..
          www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe2009 View Post
            Newbie... I am middle aged and commited to getting back. How does someone get up to date on the bombard of suppliments and addatives. Is there a way to get a diagnosis and special plan taylored for me? How and who can I contact for quality information on all of the steroids, hormones, and supplements that are best for me? Thanks in advance for the info.
            I hear you. My suggestion is to not fish around for bits and pieces of info but rather pick someone or some source and learn from them.. Supps, cycles, etc. From experience having competed many times and now helping a bunch of folks, i feel my methods work...

I have been doing this a long time and people get a hold of me to work with me so they dont waste their time..

Not trying to solicit you, but just let me know if you want all your questions answered and a plan drawn out for you bro.. If you have any questions be fore hand, let me know..

If i was to work with you, you would have all your questions answered and would be well on track, guaranteed!
            you might want to check out my website at www.prepbyalex.com
            take care bro!
            www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex A View Post
              Bro, everything depends on how you look, train and eat..carbs are necessary. i eat quite a bit every day in the form of whole wheat bread, rice and oatmeal.

you need to get a good plan going where your eating a a structured diet, training with weights atleast 5 days a week, and doing regular cardio.. Its up to you, but i can put a good plan together.

If you want to be part of the sport you have to get a good start going, stick to it and be discipline..

Whatever you suggest....I'm a blank slate. I know I could use a better diet for sure. Since the year started, I've been getting better. On an average day I have 3 whole eggs for breakfast, oatmeal about 2.5 hrs later and a protein shake, a tuna sandwich on 12 grain bread and a protein shake for lunch, a lean meat and veggies or tilapia and veggies for dinner (pre-workout), and a protein shake or 2-3 whole eggs( postworkout).

I work out with weights 4 days a week. I have a desk job, but do about an hour of brisk walking on lunch and on my breaks, and besides that I do about 30mins - 1 hr of cardio everyday (mostly interval training).

As with most people my biggest issue is my gut and love handles. Other than that I honestly (seriously) think I'm at a pretty good starting point with my body because that's were my fat is really accumulated.

Thanks for your reply so far.

Comment

• You seem to be in a situation many are in as far as accumulating fat in the stomach area. I had a problem for years untill i got a good plan going, stuck to it and have kept going for years now.. I stay lean and tight and Im able to take my shirt off all year long.

But, i really dont eat convience foods, or slack off a bit. You seem willing to work hard which is a good thing.. I would change your diet around big time. It would not be a hard plan to follow, i think its one that can get lean and keep you lean. Plus your training should be changed up, atleast 5 days would be ideal.
                www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• What woul you say its wrong with this diet.Someone told me it was messy.
                  Am 43 yr old 180lbs
                  5'7
                  bdy fat 13%
                  Food cals pro carb fat
                  meal 1
                  5 egg whites 350 60 0 0
                  1 pak oatmeal 160 4 32 2
                  1 slice hole weat 110 5 22 1
                  1 slice american cheese 60 3 1 4.5
                  1 cup milk 140 10 14 5
                  820 72 69 8
                  meal 2
                  8oz tilapia 220 46 0 2
                  1 cup white rice 260 2 28 2
                  2 cup milk 280 20 28 10
                  760 68 56 14
                  meal 3
                  6 oz stake 274 44 0 10
                  1 cup brown rice 218 5 45 1
                  1 small salad
                  1 botle water
                  492 49 45 11
                  meal 4
                  6oz deli roast beef 240 33 0 9
                  1banana 109 1 27 0
                  2 cup milk 280 20 28 10
                  739 59 77 20

meal 5 post wkt
                  2 cup milk 280 20 28 10
                  1 yogurt 240 9 48 2
                  1 gatorade 130 0 35 0
                  1/3 cup powder milk 80 8 12 0
                  1 tblsp peanut butter 95 4 4 8
                  1 tblsp flax seed 130 0 0 14
                  1 scoop probolic 130 20 3 4
                  4 fig newtons 180 2 44 0
                  1/2 cupoats 150 5 27 3
                  1415 68 201 41

Last meal depends how I feel I get a 4oz stake or fish and
                  2 small red potatoes and 2 cups milk before bed.Is this cool?I mix my milk with one serving of real gains and drink with the meals.I get 1 lactaid pill with the milk servings so i dont shit on my pants...lol

Comment

• Originally posted by BODYUNDRCONSTRUCTION View Post
                    What woul you say its wrong with this diet.Someone told me it was messy.
                    Am 43 yr old 180lbs
                    5'7
                    bdy fat 13%
                    Food cals pro carb fat
                    meal 1
                    5 egg whites 350 60 0 0
                    1 pak oatmeal 160 4 32 2
                    1 slice american cheese 60 3 1 4.5
                    1 cup milk 140 10 14 5
                    820 72 69 8
                    meal 2
                    8oz tilapia 220 46 0 2
                    1 cup white rice 260 2 28 2
                    2 cup milk 280 20 28 10
                    760 68 56 14
                    meal 3
                    6 oz stake 274 44 0 10
                    1 cup brown rice 218 5 45 1
                    1 small salad
                    1 botle water
                    492 49 45 11
                    meal 4
                    6oz deli roast beef 240 33 0 9
                    1banana 109 1 27 0
                    2 cup milk 280 20 28 10
                    739 59 77 20

meal 5 post wkt
                    2 cup milk 280 20 28 10
                    1 yogurt 240 9 48 2
                    1 gatorade 130 0 35 0
                    1/3 cup powder milk 80 8 12 0
                    1 tblsp peanut butter 95 4 4 8
                    1 tblsp flax seed 130 0 0 14
                    1 scoop probolic 130 20 3 4
                    4 fig newtons 180 2 44 0
                    1/2 cupoats 150 5 27 3
                    1415 68 201 41

Last meal depends how I feel I get a 4oz stake or fish and
                    2 small red potatoes and 2 cups milk before bed.Is this cool?I mix my milk with one serving of real gains and drink with the meals.I get 1 lactaid pill with the milk servings so i dont shit on my pants...lol
                    Bro, i dont see anything wrong if your trying to put weight on, but for being lean i would choose other alternatives for the gatoraide( high in sugar and empty calories), fig newtons, Cheese, milk, also the peanut butter and flax to this diet would seem to really help keep the fat on. No offense but it is a bit messy, I dont know what your goals are or what your trying to look like.
                    www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Hey Alex,

I'm in the process of getting back into the gym but dont know where to start. I was previously into the gym and gained a little muscle but didn't quite get where I wanted to be. After being lazy for a while I'm now ready to get back into the gym. I'm not trying to be become a bodybuilder or anything, I just want to get that cut figure. I'm presently 5'10, and weight 157. What advice do you have in getting back into the routine and what would be a typical workout schedule for someone who is just getting back into the gym?

Comment

• The reason for those are for the calories.I want to get to 210 asap and cut it down to 175 or 180 lean.I have a hard time keeping up the weight.I dont get fat weight easy.Also when u say it is messy, what you mean by it.Can you help me inprove it.For 180 i need 4500 cals to gain muscle right?180x25=4500
                        Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by rayray2002 View Post
                          Hey Alex,

I'm in the process of getting back into the gym but dont know where to start. I was previously into the gym and gained a little muscle but didn't quite get where I wanted to be. After being lazy for a while I'm now ready to get back into the gym. I'm not trying to be become a bodybuilder or anything, I just want to get that cut figure. I'm presently 5'10, and weight 157. What advice do you have in getting back into the routine and what would be a typical workout schedule for someone who is just getting back into the gym?
                          Since you dont want to be a bodybuilder, you should do cardio daily to get and stay lean, but also do some basics to put on some muscle.. I would do a short workout for each major bodypart.

Another thing is you need to get on a good eating plan and stick to it. Since your getting back into the swing of things, you might want to get some support from a friend or someone who can help keep you motivated.

The key is going to be, motivation and discipline and before you know it, you will be looking how you want to..
                          www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Originally posted by BODYUNDRCONSTRUCTION View Post
                            The reason for those are for the calories.I want to get to 210 asap and cut it down to 175 or 180 lean.I have a hard time keeping up the weight.I dont get fat weight easy.Also when u say it is messy, what you mean by it.Can you help me inprove it.For 180 i need 4500 cals to gain muscle right?180x25=4500
                            Thank you
                            I see what your trying to do, but i dont think i can do that on this board. I mostly just answer questions here, not do plans and write up diets. If you really want help you might want to look into working with some one to guide you and monitor you and make changes weekly so you can meet those goals. If you dont want to hire some one, even though its cheap and will expedite your progress . In the long run, it will pay for itself. what your trying to do is not going to be so easy. Anyways, its just a suggestion, good luck
                            www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• thank you bro.

Comment

• thanks for the advice man

Comment

Working...
                                X