Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Any beginners need help, just ask

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bobo1027 View Post
    hey i just started lifting weights about 6 months ago. Im 6'10 and only 182. i was wondering what supplements you would recomend to help bulk me up and to help me get shredded to the T..
    Sorry but there is no quick bulk up method i can recomend.

Putting on quality muscle is a slow process. Bulking and getting shredded to the T are not going to happen very easily for a beginner. I would get on a good eating plan, continue training hard and give yourself time. Thats what it takes. No shortcuts!
    Get shredded! check out the transformations at
    www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Hey Alex, I just joined the forums and I'm really motivated especially seeing the community that will now surround me throughout my progress.

I am 19 Years old, 5'7, 149 lbs. I am not sure what my body fat is, but I'm pretty sure its less than average.

I want to bulk up in lean muscle, and keep my "cut" looking nature. I also want to cut up so my abs show up a lot more.

My question to you is, what are reasonable goals for me to set for myself? I'm completely lost as to what goals would be reasonable and in what time frame? I want to gain a lot of muscle size but stay cut.

I am a complete beginner when it comes to supplements, work outs, and dieting.

I do know that I do not want to take very many supplements.

I just went to the store and here is my diet plan. Any criticisms on it would be great on accomplishing my goals.

8am: ON Pro Complex Protein Drink mixed with 2% Milk & 1 Cup of oatmeal
      10am: 2 Liquid Egg Whites & 1 Cup of Rice
      12pm: 1 Chicken Breast, 1 Cup of Steamed Vegetables
      2:30: 1 Chicken Brease, 1 Cup of Steamed Vegetables
      3:30: Workout
      5:00: Protein Drink mixed with 2% milk & 1 cup of oatmeal
      6:30: 1 Chicken Breast & 2 Cups of Steamed Vegetables

The time pattern varies at which I consume these meals as well. But that's about the spread.

I'd really appreciate your input. Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan Brown View Post
        Hey Alex, I just joined the forums and I'm really motivated especially seeing the community that will now surround me throughout my progress.

I am 19 Years old, 5'7, 149 lbs. I am not sure what my body fat is, but I'm pretty sure its less than average.

I want to bulk up in lean muscle, and keep my "cut" looking nature. I also want to cut up so my abs show up a lot more.

My question to you is, what are reasonable goals for me to set for myself? I'm completely lost as to what goals would be reasonable and in what time frame? I want to gain a lot of muscle size but stay cut.

I am a complete beginner when it comes to supplements, work outs, and dieting.

I do know that I do not want to take very many supplements.

I just went to the store and here is my diet plan. Any criticisms on it would be great on accomplishing my goals.

8am: ON Pro Complex Protein Drink mixed with 2% Milk & 1 Cup of oatmeal
        10am: 2 Liquid Egg Whites & 1 Cup of Rice
        12pm: 1 Chicken Breast, 1 Cup of Steamed Vegetables
        2:30: 1 Chicken Brease, 1 Cup of Steamed Vegetables
        3:30: Workout
        5:00: Protein Drink mixed with 2% milk & 1 cup of oatmeal
        6:30: 1 Chicken Breast & 2 Cups of Steamed Vegetables

The time pattern varies at which I consume these meals as well. But that's about the spread.

I'd really appreciate your input. Thank you.
        You do eat a lot of meals spread throughout the day but a little low in protein and carbs . At your height you are pretty light. If you are trying bulk( put on good weight) you should be eating more for sure.
        www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex A View Post
          You do eat a lot of meals spread throughout the day but a little low in protein and carbs . At your height you are pretty light. If you are trying bulk( put on good weight) you should be eating more for sure.
          Thank you so much for your reply. What foods would you recommend adding?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan Brown View Post
            Thank you so much for your reply. What foods would you recommend adding?
            i would really go with more volume in each meal
            www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Hey I just have a couple of quick questions, if anyone has any advice to give me it would be greatly appreciated. I have been wrestling for about ten years now and I think I may have come to the end of my run. I would like to try out bodybuilding to fill the void that practice has for so long. I am no stranger to the gym, but it has been focused on high intensity circuits. I think I should start isolating muscle groups, I am curious as to what sort of split I should begin with. I have the time to work out 5 days a week. I am currently taking musclemilk vegegreens and omega 3-6-9. Any help on diet and supplements would be greatly appreciated as well.
              Thanks for your guys time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ahab View Post
                Hey I just have a couple of quick questions, if anyone has any advice to give me it would be greatly appreciated. I have been wrestling for about ten years now and I think I may have come to the end of my run. I would like to try out bodybuilding to fill the void that practice has for so long. I am no stranger to the gym, but it has been focused on high intensity circuits. I think I should start isolating muscle groups, I am curious as to what sort of split I should begin with. I have the time to work out 5 days a week. I am currently taking musclemilk vegegreens and omega 3-6-9. Any help on diet and supplements would be greatly appreciated as well.
                Thanks for your guys time.
                I would get in the gym and start training regularly. Add some cardio to your plan and get on a pattern of eating about every 3 hours and you will be set to go.
                www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• im 5'9 about 195 pounds i really want to start getting bigger and turning the rest of the fat ive got left into to muscle.
                  could you just give me like a simple list on what to eat. and a simple plan on what to lift?

if thats a little to much dont worry about it. thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by beginner91 View Post
                    im 5'9 about 195 pounds i really want to start getting bigger and turning the rest of the fat ive got left into to muscle.
                    could you just give me like a simple list on what to eat. and a simple plan on what to lift?

if thats a little to much dont worry about it. thanks.
                    Choose from the following proteins sources: chicken breast, turkey breast, lean steak, egg whites. As for carbs i would stick to rice, oatmeal and potatoes. I really dont know much about you, your bodytype, goals, current lifestyle etc. but. would start cooking up your foods and develop a plan to eat 5-6 meals per day.

In the gym, i would focus on basic movements such as squtting exercises, bench press, ovehead press, curles, tricep pushdowns, lat pulldowns or pull ups, some ab work, calves.. Of course spread over the course of a week, not in one day. I would try to hit each muscle group one day per week.
                    www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• thanks for the information man that does help me out because when i do go to the gym i do everything in on day and i want to try to get into a routine and start getting everything on track. and im going to start eating good and not eat as much carbs as i usually do.

Comment

• Originally posted by beginner91 View Post
                        thanks for the information man that does help me out because when i do go to the gym i do everything in on day and i want to try to get into a routine and start getting everything on track. and im going to start eating good and not eat as much carbs as i usually do.
                        Get back to me if you have more questions bro. Also if you want to take it to the next level and have me draw up a plan for you and make updates and changes to get you in great shape.

I can put together a plan so you dont have to do any thinking. I will do it all and work with you for the next six months or as long as it takes to make it happen. You can go to my website and check things out.
                        www.prepbyalex.com
                        www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Hi Alex, if I were to post up my training routine and diet etc would you mind looking at it and giving me your opinion/recommendations on where I could improve things possibly.

I h ave been lifting weights about 18 months, I have noticed good gains but I am aware this is pretty common at the beginning. To be honest when I started I read around a few (lot of!) websites and put my own training routine and diet together. It's only recently I came across this forum so I see it as a perfect way to finally get some professional opinion.

I would greatly appreciate it.

Comment

• Originally posted by links View Post
                            Hi Alex, if I were to post up my training routine and diet etc would you mind looking at it and giving me your opinion/recommendations on where I could improve things possibly.

I h ave been lifting weights about 18 months, I have noticed good gains but I am aware this is pretty common at the beginning. To be honest when I started I read around a few (lot of!) websites and put my own training routine and diet together. It's only recently I came across this forum so I see it as a perfect way to finally get some professional opinion.

I would greatly appreciate it.
                            Sure you can.
                            www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Do deadlifts, squats, and weighted ab work thicken the obliques giving the illusion of a wider waist? If so, how do you work your way around that?

Comment

• Originally posted by daffyduck View Post
                                Do deadlifts, squats, and weighted ab work thicken the obliques giving the illusion of a wider waist? If so, how do you work your way around that?
                                Sorry this took forever to answer.. I would not worry about widening or thickening your waist from squats or deads. . Focus on these exercises. Many pros that have been training their entire lives doing compound movements never have this problem.. i.e Dexter, Lee priest and many others. It is a good question though.
                                www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

Working...
                                X