Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Any beginners need help, just ask

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by snagster View Post
    I am kind of freaking out a little (im frustrated)... I have been sticking to my meal plan and working out every day. I took last Saturday off but that was all.... It is my weight.. I started at 201.5 dropped to 198 and then dropped to 194.. now I'm back up to 198... I dont get it..

I have been eating frozen green beans and broccoli w/a meat for dinner. I put it all on an indoor grill and let it cook.

Do you have any ideas of what may be going on or what I can do here??

I have one other issue... I historically normally get really sore for about 2 or 3 days after lifting weights and i am not getting sore lately. I feel as though I have been hittin' the weights hard too plus i'm doing 20mins of cardio working my way up to 30mins. Kinda wierd if you ask me.
    Bro, sounds totally "off" but seriously. the signs are showing indicate you might be over training. If your not getting a pump, your resting heart rate seems higher than normal. Plus if your just not feeling energetic.. take a week off from everything except your diet.. dont stress.. Use the time to recoop and come back harder than ever..
    For the first time in my life, i had an injury that put me out of the gym for 3 weeks.. no cardio, nothing! When i came back, i was better than ever!
    Get shredded! check out the transformations at
    www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackhat View Post
      Alex,

I believe i am in a common place in my life that alot of people are so hopefully you can help me figure out where to go. First, i am 6'0'' 240 lbs and 30 years old. I am in the military so i am active on a weekly basis (i.e. 30 minutes of PT at a minimum 3 times per week) yet i am not as svelte as i would like to be. I lift 5 days a week and sometimes supplement my work outs with cardio (30 minutes running a 10 min mile pace). I take Optimum Whey protein and Animal pack for vitamins but yet i am very hazy on what i need to do to lose the weight i have in order to get into better shape. I have good genetics but gain fat easily ( i think that means i am a mesomorph). Reading the beginners thread it says if i am overweight by 20lbs i should focus on losing weight before i set my goals on getting bigger. Dose this mean i need to not take in protein as much? What should i be eating? a normal day for me looks like:

7AM - Oatmeal with 2 scoops of protein powder and 4 boiled egg whites
      9AM - Protein shake (2 scoops)
      11AM - Chicken and Quinoa with some brocilli or Yogurt
      1PM - Yogurt or Fruit
      2PM - In gym till 4PM
      4PM - Protein Shake
      6PM/7PM - Usually Large Steak, Quinoa, Mixed vegetable

Is there any advice you can give so that i may get my weight (fat) down so i can get to the point where i can consider size? I know (or at least my little brother, who is in VERY good shape) tells me that diet is everything and cardio is how you manipulate your body...i think what i am getting at is i am lost and have no idea which way to go or what to do at this point because i have been doing this for a year and still have too much fat on me....can you help me ?
      I can see that your diet needs a pretty good re vamp, plus you need to manipulate your training and get on s solid cardio progression program and use some fat burners.. You might want to send me an email and i can give you some more advise..
      www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• NitroTech Hardcore, When?

I am currently taking NaNo Vapor for my pre-workout which I really like and I finish up the workout with Anabolic Halo. Now the question I have is, I am not getting enough Protien intake through out the day so I was suggested NitroTech Hardcore to take throught out the day to up my protien intake. I thought it was strictly a post workout substance? I wanna know from anyone else if they do take it throughout the day and how it is working. Or if I should take it strictly after my workouts and supplement someting else throughout the day?

Comment

• Hi Alex, I have a photoshoot next week sunday for an underwear modeling audition. I have never prepped for a contest or anything like this. I was planning to carb deplete 5 days before the shoot and than water deplete the day of the shoot. I am worried about coming in flat though, do you have any suggestions?
          Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by daffyduck View Post
            Hi Alex, I have a photoshoot next week sunday for an underwear modeling audition. I have never prepped for a contest or anything like this. I was planning to carb deplete 5 days before the shoot and than water deplete the day of the shoot. I am worried about coming in flat though, do you have any suggestions?
            Thanks
            First of all, i would like to tell you that.. there are many ways to go about this. I have done several shoots with major magazines and reputable photographers and am currently an active competitor so i feel like I know how to prepare for a big "Event"

Personally i would do this. i would not carb deplete for the shoot. I would though have thoroughly prepared for this shoot and would hope that your bodyfat is very low at this point. If your bodyfat is not low at this point, your kinda in trouble and carb depleting, loading, etc. is not going to change that.

See lets say your super lean right now and the shoot is in one week. You would not want to deplete but slightly increase your carbs 2 days out. I would then.. the night before the shoot, scale back on your water.. And you can do this regaurdless of condition. I would only sip on water friday night if the shoot is saturday.. You do want to come in nice and dry. I would take in approximately half of the fluid that your pissing out.. you would have to estimate..

So basically, nothing fancy.. I would not go with depletiong loading method at all. Depleting will make you look small ... cutting water will make you look dry. there is a difference..

Remember, this is my method and every single bodybuilder has a different method..
            Here is a pic from my most recent shoot, which was just a few months ago. I used this method.
            Attached Files
            www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Thanks Alex.
              Wow that's a nice pic, you're in great condition.
              Sorry to bug you again, but I really want to get that contract. So I want to clarify a few things. Basically I should do everything normally until 2 days out, where you suggest I increase carbs slightly. Would an additional 25 grams in the form of fruit post workout suffice? Or do you suggest something else?
              You then recommend the night before the shoot I take in minimal water until the shoot. But if I pee, I should drink back approximately half the amount I pissed?
              I made a thread that shows two pics of me from a few days ago, if you want to see. I think I am lean enough to pull it off. But my bloatedness and flatness sometimes fluctuates.
              [ame="http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/showthread.php?t=59041"]Muscular Development Forums[/ame]
              Thanks for all your help!

Comment

• This is how i would go about it. But 25 grams is not much, i would bump it up more.. Maybe double what your taking in now.. I dont see the pics... That would really help me get a good idea. But as for the water goes, i would follow this type of approach.
                www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• ive been training for almost a year and my biceps have gone from 16 inches to almost 17 inches is that normal or should i have grown more i train them twice a week and my exercises are barbell curls, dumbellcurls, hammer curls, incline bench curls, and preacher curls 4sets 10 to12 reps each is this good if not can you give me some advice on how to get them to grow faster cause everyone around me sees them growing but idont so plz any advice would help

Comment

• okay. I hope this works.

Last edited by daffyduck; April 14, 2009, 02:14 AM. Reason: more stuff to add

Comment

• hope these pics work.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• DaffyDuck: Im not sure what type of look they are looking for. But dont do anything crazy.. Your not going to change your appearance much in a day or two days or 3.

I would go into the thing with the simple approach of.... cut back water a bit the night before and take it easy.. Its not going to radically change your appearance.

Toobig4U: bodybuilding is a time consuming process, it seems as if you had good gains this year. Imagine if my arms grew 1" a year, i have been competing for 8 years and if my arms grew an inch a year, i would have 24" arms.

I would continue to do what your doing, it seems to be working.
                        www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• heyy...ive been all confused about what people are telling me about cardio and diet...my main concern if its possible to keep your protein up and eat clean and doing 3 sessions of 20-30 min and still be able to gain lean muscle?
                          Easy Comes, Easy Goes Stay Natural

Comment

• yea alex a how do i become like you.. 5.9' 185 us army soldier... how do i get ripped, build the guns get the abs, still be flexible and run my two mile easy which i need to get down form 15.15 to 14min or below.. what supplements should i take..

Comment

• Originally posted by Spook_rx8_2007 View Post
                              yea alex a how do i become like you.. 5.9' 185 us army soldier... how do i get ripped, build the guns get the abs, still be flexible and run my two mile easy which i need to get down form 15.15 to 14min or below.. what supplements should i take..
                              You cant get like me without years of following a strict diet, training and competition is what drives me to get myself in that kinda shape.. I dont get in condition like that for just fun.

You need to get on a good meal plan, do your cardio, train etc.. give it time. I dont know much about you and or what you eat to know what supplements you should take..

Down the road if you want some detailed help with a every step of the way plan, go to my website.... www.prepbyalex.com

check around and let me know whats up. I can bust out and help you anytime.. When your ready contact me.. I will hold your hand every step of the way.. thats what i takes my friend.. Im not being sarcastic.
                              www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• I'm about to enter my cutting phase, which will consist of more cardio, less weight lifting and a low calorie diet. I know that I'm going to lose some muscle mass, but if I take whey protein will that help slow down the muscle loss?

Comment

Working...
                                X