Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Any beginners need help, just ask

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Goodhurt View Post
    I'm about to enter my cutting phase, which will consist of more cardio, less weight lifting and a low calorie diet. I know that I'm going to lose some muscle mass, but if I take whey protein will that help slow down the muscle loss?
    probably not but lifting hard and heavy will. I dont know why you would up your cardio and lift less.
    Get shredded! check out the transformations at
    www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• what training routine should a beginner follow

Comment

• questin

do you think 9-12 for smaller and 12-15 sets for bigger 1o-15 reps all to failure is fine 30-45 sec rest between

Comment

• Originally posted by tornquad2 View Post
          do you think 9-12 for smaller and 12-15 sets for bigger 1o-15 reps all to failure is fine 30-45 sec rest between
          thats some pretty short rest period but a minute or about is perfect for burning fat while you lift. I dont like long drawn out workouts with long rest between sets so the shorter rest period should work well.
          www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Hey I am curious as to how much cardio I should be doing per week? I am lifting about 5 days a week but i haven't done cardio since the season ended about two months ago. How many times a week should I be going and how long should each session be?

Comment

• What would be an example of a high intensity, low volume weight regime?

I've been doing the HOSS program for a while but now I'm changing to a cutting diet therefore the new routine.

Would Bench Press go something like this?

Bench Press: 4x6-8 (adding more weight per set)

How often do you think I should lift on a cutting diet? Right now its 4 times a week w/ low intensity cardio 5 times a week

Thx alot

Comment

• Originally posted by Ahab View Post
                Hey I am curious as to how much cardio I should be doing per week? I am lifting about 5 days a week but i haven't done cardio since the season ended about two months ago. How many times a week should I be going and how long should each session be?
                I would say atleast 4 days per week and 25 min each session. Then i would progress to 30 min at 5 days per week.
                www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Originally posted by blitz2311 View Post
                  What would be an example of a high intensity, low volume weight regime?

I've been doing the HOSS program for a while but now I'm changing to a cutting diet therefore the new routine.

Would Bench Press go something like this?

Bench Press: 4x6-8 (adding more weight per set)

How often do you think I should lift on a cutting diet? Right now its 4 times a week w/ low intensity cardio 5 times a week

Thx alot
                  I would train with weights 5 days per week, hitting each major muscle group one time per week.. Your cardio is good. I would train 5 days then finish up each weight sesesion with cardio... hope evertything is going good on your plan..
                  www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex A View Post
                    I would train with weights 5 days per week, hitting each major muscle group one time per week.. Your cardio is good. I would train 5 days then finish up each weight sesesion with cardio... hope evertything is going good on your plan..
                    Good advice as usual...

In regards to the sets and reps I referred to (4x6-8) would I follow the same for each muscle group: IE 4x6-8 for arms, back, shoulder, etc?

So in regards to training 5 days a week each muscle group, you're saying I should for example focus one day on arms, one day on chest and so on correct? How many exercises should I do for each muscle group? Currently I'm doing three for each.

Thx a million.
                    Last edited by ZyklonB; April 23, 2009, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by blitz2311 View Post
                      Good advice as usual...

In regards to the sets and reps I referred to (4x6-8) would I follow the same for each muscle group: IE 4x6-8 for arms, back, shoulder, etc?

So in regards to training 5 days a week each muscle group, you're saying I should for example focus one day on arms, one day on chest and so on correct? How many exercises should I do for each muscle group? Currently I'm doing three for each.

Thx a million.
                      I would do 3-4 different exercises per bodypart and like you said... hit each major muscle group one time per week. So lets say.... back.. that would be about 16 total sets.. same with shoulders and quads..

Maybe biceps i would hit with 3 different exercises and get in 12 working sets. But hitting each muscle group one time per week is what i would advise.
                      www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Great, thanks for the info, I'll modify my routine as suggested

Comment

• just starting out

look my name is stan i'm just starting out again in the past lift weights before never to build tone. i just lifted i'm 260lbs now i'm trying to going back down to 200lbs i'm 6'0 ft . just 2 weeks a go i was eatting 5 meals at work but ever time i'm off of work i never keep up with it. i was lift 3 sets of 15 but i was talking to a guy at my gym and he said that 3 set of 15 is not doing any thing for my body so i moved up to 3 set of 20 i'm trying to start eatting more can you help

Comment

• Originally posted by tie19140 View Post
                            look my name is stan i'm just starting out again in the past lift weights before never to build tone. i just lifted i'm 260lbs now i'm trying to going back down to 200lbs i'm 6'0 ft . just 2 weeks a go i was eatting 5 meals at work but ever time i'm off of work i never keep up with it. i was lift 3 sets of 15 but i was talking to a guy at my gym and he said that 3 set of 15 is not doing any thing for my body so i moved up to 3 set of 20 i'm trying to start eatting more can you help
                            i think you should train with weights 5 days a week, cardio 5 days a week and eat 5-6 meals per day.
                            www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Alex...wondering if you could do me a favor and review my current weight regime...plz and thx

Monday(Chest/Delts)

Bench press: 1x15, 3x6-8
                              Standing barbell press: 1x15, 3x6-8, 1x15
                              Flys: 1x15, 3x6-8, 1x15
                              BB Rows: 1x15, 3x6-8, 1x15

Tuesday(Legs/Calves)
                              Squats: 2x15, 5x5, 1x15
                              Standing Calf Raise: 3x30
                              Barbell Step Ups: 3x10

Wednesday (Bis/Tris)
                              BB Curls: 1x15, 3x6-8, 1x15
                              Dips: 3xMax
                              Decline DB Curls: 1x15, 3x6-8
                              ---Superset: Pinwheel DB Curls 1x15
                              BB Skull Crushers: 1x15, 3x6-8
                              ---Superset: Close Grip Bench Press 1x20

Thursday( Back/Traps)
                              Deadlifts: 1x15, 3x6-8
                              Bent rows: 1x15, 3x6-8, 1x15
                              Barbell shrugs:1x15, 3x6-8, 1x15

Since I workout at home, I only have two benchs, two bars and free weights.
                              That makes life a little tough when I get to working on my back/traps so any input on other exercises I can do for back/traps is appreciated.

Thx

Comment

• Hey Alex, I've been weight training for around 3 years now, but until the past two months or so, I had not trained my legs (I know, pathetic). I try to keep my bodyfat at or below 10% all the time, so I am always fairy low on carbs, but consuming the majority of them pre and post workout. My dilemma is that every time I train legs, my upper body seems to deplete and atrophy for a few days afterward. Then, after 4-5 days, it stops and I put on most of the mass I had before within 48 hours. Does this happen to everyone at first, all the time, or is it because the body is taking from other areas to repair the legs? How do I deal with this? Any help would be appreciated.
                                Thanks
                                http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...pictureid=9381

Comment

Working...
                                X