Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Any beginners need help, just ask

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alex A View Post
    sure thing bro, but your situation cant be adequatly answered by me on this board.. take care..
    Keep in mind bro.. that you have to make training a priority in your life... if you get less sleep then so be it.. but.. if you want your plan to work... you have to set your mind to it and make it happen..

Personally... Im preparing for a huge competition and preparing others for some up coming shows..

I have a full time job, kids, a lot of responsibilities and i start my day at 320am and am up till 930-1000pm.. Im just super disciplined and make time to cook, clean, train, do cardio and prep for my show...

In your situation.. you have to do the same.. You need to work obviously...... or go to school .....but your spare time should be spent preparing your food and implimenting your plan ... If you stay super disciplined in a matter of time the results will speak for themself..
    Get shredded! check out the transformations at
    www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Alex, i weigh around 190 lbs and am 6 feet tall. just under two years ago i weighed 300 lbs. i dropped the 110 lbs of all fat and gained some muscle in the process. i am only 23, but have been heavy my whole life, except now. with so much excess skin, i am looking to fill in the void. its a big void. i am not looking to become a body builder, just bulk up. i am relatively defined in my upper body, excpet for the fact that i have mini man boobs still just from extra skin. you can see my muscles definition behin the sagging skin. i have a routine that works for me, plus i hire a personal trainer occasionally just to get some new ideas and different workouts.
      \
      my real question is about supplements. i have used them in the past. whey protein, and nitroxygen. i like supplements because i find they really help add volume to my muscles. is there a certain way i should be taking these supplements together? and should i add creatine to my diet???

Comment

• I really appreciate what you have to say. I guess what i am looking for is how to schedule eating as well as training. i know if i put my mind to it i can and will do it but i just don't know where to start

Comment

• Originally posted by themuffinman View Post
          Alex, i weigh around 190 lbs and am 6 feet tall. just under two years ago i weighed 300 lbs. i dropped the 110 lbs of all fat and gained some muscle in the process. i am only 23, but have been heavy my whole life, except now. with so much excess skin, i am looking to fill in the void. its a big void. i am not looking to become a body builder, just bulk up. i am relatively defined in my upper body, excpet for the fact that i have mini man boobs still just from extra skin. you can see my muscles definition behin the sagging skin. i have a routine that works for me, plus i hire a personal trainer occasionally just to get some new ideas and different workouts.
          \
          my real question is about supplements. i have used them in the past. whey protein, and nitroxygen. i like supplements because i find they really help add volume to my muscles. is there a certain way i should be taking these supplements together? and should i add creatine to my diet???
          Those are good questions and all i can say is this... I think you can make better modifications to your diet, training and program than that...

you need help with nutrition, training, diet and implementing a supplement and cardio plan..

I would not waste time on a in person personal trainer.. but if your making great gains and are happy.. then be proud!
          www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Originally posted by chub-b-muscle View Post
            I really appreciate what you have to say. I guess what i am looking for is how to schedule eating as well as training. i know if i put my mind to it i can and will do it but i just don't know where to start
            I would start by having an assessment and take it from there....

You need some online guidance!.. i just cant be the one to do that on this thread...sorry..
            www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Hi Alex, I'm new to bodybuilding.
              I'm 154lb and 5'11"
              a couple of months ago I was 130lb, I gained weight after going to the gym. But I'm an engineering student and I hardly get time to hit the gym. To the best I go to the gym only 3 or 4 times a week and I can't go at all during exams. Because of my schedule I have to sometimes skip meals too(but I don't go to gym the day I have skipped a meal).
              My question is if I go only three or four times a week to the gym which muscle groups should I work out each day. For example I go on Monday, wednesday, friday, and sunday. what muscles should I workout on monday, tuesday and so on.
              thanks , waiting for your reply.

Comment

• Originally posted by _N_ View Post
                Hi Alex, I'm new to bodybuilding.
                I'm 154lb and 5'11"
                a couple of months ago I was 130lb, I gained weight after going to the gym. But I'm an engineering student and I hardly get time to hit the gym. To the best I go to the gym only 3 or 4 times a week and I can't go at all during exams. Because of my schedule I have to sometimes skip meals too(but I don't go to gym the day I have skipped a meal).
                My question is if I go only three or four times a week to the gym which muscle groups should I work out each day. For example I go on Monday, wednesday, friday, and sunday. what muscles should I workout on monday, tuesday and so on.
                thanks , waiting for your reply.
                I would try to go 5 days a week and you can hit each main muscle group one time per week..
                www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

I would try to go 5 days a week and you can hit each main muscle group one time per week..
                  Do you mean I should do it as below
                  day1:chest
                  day2:back
                  day3:triceps
                  day4:biceps
                  day5:legs

Is the order ok? and how many exercises should I do for each muscle a day?

Comment

• thats good but hit bi"s and tri" on day3 and shoulders on day4

Comment

• Hi alex

I've been lifting for about two years now, and I've been natural for all this time.

My lifts are as follows: (Keep in mind, i only started this routine 2 weeks ago)

D1 - biceps, triceps, shoulders
                      D2 - core, abs, and back
                      D3 - bench, pec flys, and lats
                      D4 - squat, cleans, calf raises
                      D5 - cardio, light lifts on areas I didn't complete
                      rest until the week starts again

I do cardio every day, I like the elliptical and I do low intensity, maybe 60-70 rpm for 25 mins each day.

with my current routine, I've noticed some significant muscle boost, but my only problem is I'm not getting any leaner or losing much weight. I have no consistent diet, and i'm in high school :/

I'm looking into supplements, but I'm not sure which to get because there are so many! I would like to be able to purchase it at a local stores like GNC or VitaminShoppe and preferably not website-based ones. I am very new but i know my way around the weight room.

Do I need to change my routine? Should I get a consistent diet or remove certain things? What supplements do you suggest for fat burning and stamina?

Thanks alex!

Comment

• Originally posted by iesty99 View Post
                        thats good but hit bi"s and tri" on day3 and shoulders on day4
                        lol yeah totally forgot about shoulders.
                        so now its
                        d1;chest
                        d2;back
                        d3;biceps triceps
                        d4;shoulders
                        d5;legs

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayhem22 View Post
                          Hi alex

I've been lifting for about two years now, and I've been natural for all this time.

My lifts are as follows: (Keep in mind, i only started this routine 2 weeks ago)

D1 - biceps, triceps, shoulders
                          D2 - core, abs, and back
                          D3 - bench, pec flys, and lats
                          D4 - squat, cleans, calf raises
                          D5 - cardio, light lifts on areas I didn't complete
                          rest until the week starts again

I do cardio every day, I like the elliptical and I do low intensity, maybe 60-70 rpm for 25 mins each day.

with my current routine, I've noticed some significant muscle boost, but my only problem is I'm not getting any leaner or losing much weight. I have no consistent diet, and i'm in high school :/

I'm looking into supplements, but I'm not sure which to get because there are so many! I would like to be able to purchase it at a local stores like GNC or VitaminShoppe and preferably not website-based ones. I am very new but i know my way around the weight room.

Do I need to change my routine? Should I get a consistent diet or remove certain things? What supplements do you suggest for fat burning and stamina?

Thanks alex!
                          if your making good gains dont change your routine.. if your stuck.. change it up.. I am sponsored by Cytognix which is a company that is owned with Muscletech by Iovate Health Sciences.. Their products are top of the line..

I would try Arson as a over the counter fat burner or Xenedrine Hardcore... i never keep running the same fat burner.. change is good.. unless you are really making gains...then dont change it.

N: i would train legs on two workouts ... Try chest and hams and one.....and day five just quads alone
                          www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

N: i would train legs on two workouts ... Try chest and hams and one.....and day five just quads alone
                            Noted, will do that. Thanks.

Comment

• Need an Opinion

I was just wondering if I got a good system down, I have nothing but free weights, 2 dumbells, 1 ez curl bar, 1 straight bar and a bench that I can incline with. I have 300+ pounds in weights. I have gained pretty well, especially in my shoulders and some in my chest, but would like a few more suggestions on other free weight exercises. Here's my exercises in order:

Incline Bench 145 lbs. 10 reps 4 times
                              One Arm Rows 52 lbs. 10 reps 4 times
                              Standing military press 52 lbs. 10 reps 4 times straight bar
                              Upright rows 52 lbs. 10 reps 4 times straight bar
                              Shrugs 52 lbs. 10 reps 4 times straight bar
                              Barbell Curls 52 pounds straight bar 10 reps 4 times

I repeat all of these exercises a second time and come out with 80 reps for all except I don't do barbell curls a second time....I do 40 hammer curls on 20 pounds which I just started doing. I workout 2 days on 1 off, 2 days on 2 off. I stack with G.n.c. Mass xxx A.m.p. and Kre-aklalyn creatine. (2 scoops) 1 before 1 after and the same goes for Kre-akalyn. I been trying to gain mass. Thanks to all that reply!

Bryan Romeo

Comment

• Originally posted by Bryan Romeo View Post
                                I was just wondering if I got a good system down, I have nothing but free weights, 2 dumbells, 1 ez curl bar, 1 straight bar and a bench that I can incline with. I have 300+ pounds in weights. I have gained pretty well, especially in my shoulders and some in my chest, but would like a few more suggestions on other free weight exercises. Here's my exercises in order:

Incline Bench 145 lbs. 10 reps 4 times
                                One Arm Rows 52 lbs. 10 reps 4 times
                                Standing military press 52 lbs. 10 reps 4 times straight bar
                                Upright rows 52 lbs. 10 reps 4 times straight bar
                                Shrugs 52 lbs. 10 reps 4 times straight bar
                                Barbell Curls 52 pounds straight bar 10 reps 4 times

I repeat all of these exercises a second time and come out with 80 reps for all except I don't do barbell curls a second time....I do 40 hammer curls on 20 pounds which I just started doing. I workout 2 days on 1 off, 2 days on 2 off. I stack with G.n.c. Mass xxx A.m.p. and Kre-aklalyn creatine. (2 scoops) 1 before 1 after and the same goes for Kre-akalyn. I been trying to gain mass. Thanks to all that reply!

Bryan Romeo
                                Honestly that is a very unique workout.. i highly doubt anyone has ever done that workout right there.. especially being that you run the circuit then start over and run it again.

I cant say that i would do that or every have anyone i work with do that.. but its better than not working out at all.

. I dont think you can make the gains that a bodybuilder would want by training chest with one exercise, back with one exercise and then shoulders with 3 then one exercise for bicepts..

and no tri workout or quad, ham or calves.. if your making gains from it.. cant knock you then..
                                www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

Working...
                                X