Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Any beginners need help, just ask

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, it unique Alex, but I was just wondering with the equipment I have if there's any other chest exercises or shoulder exercises or trap..etc. that you would recommend. Some of these exercises I do hit a couple different muscle groups in 1 exercise. I just want to diversify things and maybe hit muscle groups from all angles like your supposed to with what I got. Thanks for getting back with me B.T.W.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bryan Romeo View Post
      Yeah, it unique Alex, but I was just wondering with the equipment I have if there's any other chest exercises or shoulder exercises or trap..etc. that you would recommend. Some of these exercises I do hit a couple different muscle groups in 1 exercise. I just want to diversify things and maybe hit muscle groups from all angles like your supposed to with what I got. Thanks for getting back with me B.T.W.
      you can add some pushups for chest and get a flat bench so you can do some bench press and not just incline...

I would do something so you can work your legs or they will fall behind.. but.. atleast your getting some good training done.. good job on that..

To be honest.. im more of a prep guy who helps people with contest prep .. the majority of folks i work with are trainers or competitors..
      Get shredded! check out the transformations at
      www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• hey Alex

Would you typically agree that it's a good Idea to alternate both flat and incline bench press and if so, how often? Monthly, or every 2 weeks? I know on a flat you work your delts more than incline. What would you suggest??

Comment

• Hey Alex, Im new to the sport and have been lifting for over a year now. I go into gyms with jus knowledge from magazines and forums such as this. Im 6'2 at 285 pounds. Im not on a diet cause Im still confused on how the calories and carbs and protein.... I jus read that you have to take certain things at certain times or for certain goals. I wanna be able to shed some weight down to at least 250 n bulk back up to 270. I understand dedication and I have it, jus not understanding the diet I guess. If you have time can you please help out

Comment

• Originally posted by SAMOAN-SUPREME View Post
            Hey Alex, Im new to the sport and have been lifting for over a year now. I go into gyms with jus knowledge from magazines and forums such as this. Im 6'2 at 285 pounds. Im not on a diet cause Im still confused on how the calories and carbs and protein.... I jus read that you have to take certain things at certain times or for certain goals. I wanna be able to shed some weight down to at least 250 n bulk back up to 270. I understand dedication and I have it, jus not understanding the diet I guess. If you have time can you please help out

Bryan: i would do both flat and incline.. if you have access to both benches do both..

Samoan:

A good understanding of what you look like would help.. People often estimate their bodyfat as being much lower than it really is.. if you want to post up a picture, i can give you an idea were to take it..
            www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• anyone feel free to post up your pics if you want a more specific critique..i totally understand if you are reluctant.. but it would help me...

Also.. I want to wish many of you the best for your efforst.. Training at home in the backyard is where i got started myself! and it evolved into competing at the highest amateur level.

Im currently training to compete at the nationals in about 8 weeks. I will be more than happy to share some progress pics and you can critique me!

This is where it all got started..

The one pic is of my " home gym" when i was a teen

and the other pic is of my competing at my first show... the second back pick is from one of my more recent shows..
              Attached Files
              www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• Hey Alex, If I were to train a body part a day instead of the way that I've been doing (Previously Posted) to work my upper body; what excercises should I do for chest,triceps,back,biceps, shoulders, cause I workout 4 times a week and would like to add all those into 4 days, instead of doing all of them for 4 days each and every day. I feel it's putting to much strain doing all my excercises the same way 4 days a week. As I posted before I work every upper body part everyday 4 days a week. Thanks for your help!!

Comment

Hey Alex, If I were to train a body part a day instead of the way that I've been doing (Previously Posted) to work my upper body; what excercises should I do for chest,triceps,back,biceps, shoulders, cause I workout 4 times a week and would like to add all those into 4 days, instead of doing all of them for 4 days each and every day. I feel it's putting to much strain doing all my excercises the same way 4 days a week. As I posted before I work every upper body part everyday 4 days a week. Thanks for your help!!
                  I cant write up your whole workout here but.. i would train one major bodypart a day.. Such as... shoulders on one day.. Presses, side laterals, rear laterals, and shrugs... back one day, Chest one day, Legs one day, arms one day..
                  www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• hey

Ok. How many exercises per body part?? I usually go with 10 reps 4 times. And how long should I workout, I usually go about an hour. That seems to be ok. What really confuses me is that you say to work one part per day, like chest for example, you use you arms in a bench press as well. So how could you work arms one day when you use them in various exercises anyway?? As I said, I workout 4 days. My goal is to add mass and workout traps,biceps,triceps,back,chest,shoulders. I'd like to work them all in 4 days, what ones should I do together? Back/shoulders,etc.?? Thank you Alex, you have been a great deal of help.

Comment

Ok. How many exercises per body part?? I usually go with 10 reps 4 times. And how long should I workout, I usually go about an hour. That seems to be ok. What really confuses me is that you say to work one part per day, like chest for example, you use you arms in a bench press as well. So how could you work arms one day when you use them in various exercises anyway?? As I said, I workout 4 days. My goal is to add mass and workout traps,biceps,triceps,back,chest,shoulders. I'd like to work them all in 4 days, what ones should I do together? Back/shoulders,etc.?? Thank you Alex, you have been a great deal of help.
                      Im totally confused. sorry..
                      www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

• hey

I was just wondering Alex, how many excercises should I do per session. Maybe 10 or something. I usually go with 10 reps per set and stop at about 40 and then switch to a different excercise. And could I workout my entire upper body in 4 days?? Traps, shoulders, triceps,biceps,back,chest and could I work 2 in each workout session or stick to 1 per day. I want to start to workout like this cause I've heard it is very effective. I figured I could do back/traps one day delts/shoulders, another etc. Can you give me some advice on what to work together like this? And will this be efficient? I have a leg routine down, I just need to fill up my 4 days with upper body. I sincerely want to better my condition and have a great start, but I need a routine. Thank you, Alex!

Comment

• How's this??

1st Day:chest
                          2nd Day: Back/traps
                          3rd day:Biceps/Triceps
                          4th day:Shoulders

10 exercises for shoulders and chest
                          5 each for back/traps...Biceps/Triceps? Or should I do more??

Comment

• Hey Alex

To be honest with you Alex, I'm burned out on lifting weights the way I've been doing it. I mean it pumps me out, but I feel as if I've plateaued. So I've been trying to put together a routine that I can switch up with to diversify things a little. And at the end of the day I get frustrated and confused and end up doing the workout I've always done because at least it's doing something. This is what I'm currently doing everyday I workout...

Incline Bench:145 pounds/ 4 sets of 10
                            One Arm Rows:44 pounds/ 4 sets of 10
                            Dumbell Flys:28 pounds/4 sets of 10(Just Started These)
                            Standing Military Press:56 pounds/4 sets of 10
                            Upright Rows:56 pounds/4 sets of 10
                            Shrugs:56pounds/4 sets of 10
                            Ez Curl Barbell Curls:51 pounds/4 sets of 10
                            Hammer Curls:22 pounds/2 sets of 10

Repeat ALL another time until you reach a total of 80 reps for almost all exercises.

I know this is out there as far as workouts go, but being I have only free weights, 2 dumbells, a straight bar, an Ez curl bar, a bench press that declines or inclines, this is all I can go with right now. At least ALL equipment is being used.., I'm open to suggestions Alex. And please take note that I wrote you a few other messages besides this...I just wanted to lay it out there for you and if ya can't post a workout on here...I am on my space as well. PLEASE HELP, if you can...THANKS

Comment

• Diet?

Hi, my name is Ron. I'm 40 years young, I'm 5'10", weigh 190. I have good shape in my arms and shoulders, my chest and abs have some flab I want to get rid of. I work my chest and back on Mondays and Thursdays, I do 4 sets of dumbell bench (between 10 and 20 reps) but lighter weight. I also do 4 sets of flyes, same reps. I eat roughly 2000 calories a day, which out of that is about 100 grams of protein (I'm unemplyed right now, so I can't afford protein powders and I get sick of tuna fish). My question is, I want to get rid of the fat on my chest, I don't want to lose any bodyweight either, should I do more sets for chest, do heavier weight, higher reps or should I modify my diet. Again, I don't have extra money for supplements, just what I have around the house (milk, peanut butter, eggs, tuna, beans, bread, some veggies). Any ideas on a simple diet of about 4 meals a day also.Sorry thread was so long, I just wanted to give you enough info. I appreciate any help and thank you for your time, God bless you to, Thanks again, Ron.

Comment

• Originally posted by rons401969 View Post
                                Hi, my name is Ron. I'm 40 years young, I'm 5'10", weigh 190. I have good shape in my arms and shoulders, my chest and abs have some flab I want to get rid of. I work my chest and back on Mondays and Thursdays, I do 4 sets of dumbell bench (between 10 and 20 reps) but lighter weight. I also do 4 sets of flyes, same reps. I eat roughly 2000 calories a day, which out of that is about 100 grams of protein (I'm unemplyed right now, so I can't afford protein powders and I get sick of tuna fish). My question is, I want to get rid of the fat on my chest, I don't want to lose any bodyweight either, should I do more sets for chest, do heavier weight, higher reps or should I modify my diet. Again, I don't have extra money for supplements, just what I have around the house (milk, peanut butter, eggs, tuna, beans, bread, some veggies). Any ideas on a simple diet of about 4 meals a day also.Sorry thread was so long, I just wanted to give you enough info. I appreciate any help and thank you for your time, God bless you to, Thanks again, Ron.
                                Bryan: let me see what i can come up with and get right back to you ok...

Ron: Ron, sorry to hear about your current situation bro.. I really think you need more protein in your diet to add some quality muscle to your frame.. 2,000 calories are a little low for your size..

I would do all off the above...More sets, higher reps, more weight.. just add more volume to your routine and you will build a more complete chest..

since cash is a factor.. buy chicken breast on sale and you cant go wrong with 8 oz of cooked chicken for each meal..

. I would bbq with some seasonings and you will have some cheap meals going.. also.. egg whites are cheap.. you can get a dozen for $1 and thats a whole meal..

i would have 11 whites and 1 whole egg.. Then add a cup of oameal and you have breakfast..take it from there....keep training hard brother!
                                www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

Working...
                                X