Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Beginners programs?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Beginners programs?

    I've noticed a lot of varying opinons on programs designed for beginning bodybuilders. It seems to be split 50-50 between training whole body 3X/week and doing a split. What's worked best for you?
    Dustin
    "The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it."
    John Ruskin

  • #2
    I would do a Full body 3 times a week, many say full body is better than a split, as you get better gains, im currently doing a full body, ive just started a few weeks ago, i changed from a 3 day split.

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm doing full body twice a week and that works for me, given my work schedule. To me that beats a 4-day split, and I can get a workout finished in about an hour. So that's about 2 hours of working out a week, and that's been good enough for me as a somewhat finely-aged new beginner.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Ultron View Post
        I'm doing full body twice a week and that works for me, given my work schedule. To me that beats a 4-day split, and I can get a workout finished in about an hour. So that's about 2 hours of working out a week, and that's been good enough for me as a somewhat finely-aged new beginner.
        Yeah superb for beginners and superb if you tight for time, i believe i will get better results from my full body than i would from a split, hence why i have switched.

        Comment


        • #5
          Yeah I'll eventually be adding in bicep curls/tricep extensions and leg curls/extensions down the road, in superset fashion - that's my goal at least.

          BTW, hi Iceman, I notice you are here as well as on muscletalk.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Ultron View Post
            Yeah I'll eventually be adding in bicep curls/tricep extensions and leg curls/extensions down the road, in superset fashion - that's my goal at least.

            BTW, hi Iceman, I notice you are here as well as on muscletalk.
            Yeah mate also on uk muscle (pretty crap imo), i really like this forum and MT, is your name ultron on MT too mate?

            Comment


            • #7
              Yeah i wouldnt add in a tri exercise into a 3 a day a week full body (if thats what you mean), i have done this for a few weeks and found it effects my benching as i only get a days rest and find my tri's are abit burned out. i asked about a full body on MT and many said leave out bi and tri exercises i went against what they said and used bi and tri, as i said tri exercise have affected my benching, but doing bi exercise is fine.

              Comment


              • #8
                I never once did a full bodyworkout, not even when I was a "beginner" of which I still consider myself as. I started with bench presses and curls. Although I have been working out for about 6 years inconsistently. But when I first started with just the basic bench press, curls, etc I did notice great gains.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Iceman View Post
                  is your name ultron on MT too mate?
                  Yeah and on bb.com.

                  On the issue of beginner programs, I think just doing a selection of compound movements is the key to success - you do a minimum of exercises, you work the whole body, and you save a lot of time not burning all your energy on a load of isolation exercises. I think the time management issue is a big one for beginners, and having efficient workouts, combined with newbie gains, can keep them in long enough to get past that hurdle that prevents so many people from sticking with any exercise routine.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Ultron View Post
                    Yeah and on bb.com.

                    On the issue of beginner programs, I think just doing a selection of compound movements is the key to success - you do a minimum of exercises, you work the whole body, and you save a lot of time not burning all your energy on a load of isolation exercises. I think the time management issue is a big one for beginners, and having efficient workouts, combined with newbie gains, can keep them in long enough to get past that hurdle that prevents so many people from sticking with any exercise routine.
                    Yeah cool.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      can't really remember back that far, but i think i started with a basic split
                      back/bi's
                      chest/tris
                      shoulders/legs
                      abs eod
                      your only as strong as your mind, so consider yourself weak.
                      Yep...cats before cunts like my grandma always used to say. - BBOY

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X