Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

I eat lots of hotsauce, jalapenos, spicy stuff in general....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I eat lots of hotsauce, jalapenos, spicy stuff in general....

Would this have any negitive effects on me? I mean, i love spicy food. I put hotsauce on EVERYTHING. Jalapenos too. If i have a sandwhich, it has both on it, chicken, tuna, rice. It all has hotsauce and jalapenos incorperated into it somehow.

BTW, im not trying to gain mass right now, Im trying to lower my BF% and get cut.

Im thinking the only negitive to all the hot stuff is that it seems to pass through rather quickly, and i may not be getting all the protein and other nutrients from the actual food.

But i dont know, im still pretty new to the workout scene you know? So any advice would be appreciated.

Spicy foods in general have many health benefits. The main chemical found in most hot peppers is capsaiscin. It's said to have antibacterial properties and is very good at keeping the sinuses clear. It also good for keeping the stomach and bowels clear. There have been many studies that suggest its ability to attack or at least inhibit the growth of certain cancer cells. And of course in can be found in fat burning products for its ability to raise your metabolism for 20 to 30 minutes after consuming.

So if you can take the heat, both going in and again coming out (lol), than I say go for it.
    Last edited by CliftonThomas; January 25, 2008, 04:22 AM. Reason: fix word

Comment

Originally posted by qazzaq9 View Post
      Spicy foods in general have many health benefits. The main chemical found in most hot peppers is capsaiscin. It's said to have antibacterial properties and is very good at keeping the sinuses clear. It also good for keeping the stomach and bowels clear. There have been many studies that suggest its ability to attack or at least inhibit the growth of certain cancer cells. And of course in can be found in fat burning products for its ability to raise your metabolism for 20 to 30 minutes after consuming.

So if you can take the heat, both going in and again coming out (lol), than I say go for it.

Wow ok, so if anything its beneficial. Thats great to hear, because i recently quit smoking cigs and have loaded up on my other addiction, hotsauce. lol. Well good, im glad I dont need to back off it than.

And its weird, maybe its from years of eating that kind of stuff. But obviously I can handle it going in, but ive never had a problem with it on its way out. Like no crazy burning or anything.

Anyways, thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. Im really looking forward to getting help and learning as much as I can through these forums and what not.

Comment

No problem, there is a lot of good people here and if you have a question somebody will have the answer. Great work kicking the cigs, thats the best thing you can do for yourself imo.

Comment

Originally posted by qazzaq9 View Post
          No problem, there is a lot of good people here and if you have a question somebody will have the answer. Great work kicking the cigs, thats the best thing you can do for yourself imo.

Thank you

And yeah i kinda had to quit, dec 23rd i had such bad pnemonia I passed out from not being able to breath and went into a coma. Woke up on the 30th. Pretty damn close to death. Docs said i have to quit or it could easily happen again.

But thats why i joined this site, i know i need help and everything, and im ready to start working out again now that i got the final ok from my doctor 2 days ago. I lost so much muscle from a week long coma and being in the hospital for like 13 days. Its amazing how much you lose from 2 weeks of pure inactivity. Even after my 7 day nap, i woke up and couldnt walk at all, my legs were shot. Took about 6 days of Physical Therapy to even be able to kinda walk, real slow.

But all is good now and im ready.

Comment

love the profile pic too. Multiplicity rocks, way underratted. lol

Comment

God bless you man! a coma? for a week! holy shit!
              i also love the hell out of spicy foods man, i put cholula sauce(my favorite brand) and jalepenos on everything, being from down here in Texas a lot of the food is already spicy so i feel ya on that one. I have never had any problems due to it either so i would say that your probly ok.
              good luck man.

Comment

Same here, hot sauce on everything I eat except my oats. It's either Texas Pete, Franks Red Hot Buffalo Sauce oy my favorite Sriracha Sauce.

If you haven't tried Sriracha, you gotta give it a shot.....
                http://www.huyfong.com/no_frames/sriracha.htm

Overall , I feel hot sauce or spicy foods in general help keep the body's metabolism up.

Comment

Originally posted by Fellar View Post
                  God bless you man! a coma? for a week! holy shit!
                  i also love the hell out of spicy foods man, i put cholula sauce(my favorite brand) and jalepenos on everything, being from down here in Texas a lot of the food is already spicy so i feel ya on that one. I have never had any problems due to it either so i would say that your probly ok.
                  good luck man.

Cholula, with the round wooden lid right? lol, yeah i love that stuff too, for price and taste thats one of my faves as well. And your from Texas, Im jealous, you guys have all the best TexMex resturants. Thats BS. lol. But im glad to hear theres other spice fanatics out there like me who arent having that stuff effect their fitness related goals, or whatever. you know what i mean. lol. I honestly thought there would be some negitives to the spicy stuff

Comment

Originally posted by unoigo View Post
                    Same here, hot sauce on everything I eat except my oats. It's either Texas Pete, Franks Red Hot Buffalo Sauce oy my favorite Sriracha Sauce.

Overall , I feel hot sauce or spicy foods in general help keep the body's metabolism up.

Yup, love all those hot sauces too. Actually just cracked into the Franks Buffalo Sauce. I love it, my fav food is buffalo wings, and to add that taste too everything is a dream come true to me. lol. Ill def have to try that sriracha. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by unoigo View Post

Oh yeah i just checked out that sriracha! I didnt know thats what it was called, i love that stuff too. Pretty hot and amazing taste. I love that its a little thick, almost like ketchup (makes it especially gread on ALL sandwhiches) and its great for dipping chicken in, or fish. Good stuff, i havnt had that in a while, I kinda forgot about it. If I remember corretly too, its like a little over $2 for the big bottle or something. I remember it being pretty cheap for how good it is and how much you get.

Comment

Originally posted by HotSauce View Post
                        Cholula, with the round wooden lid right? lol, yeah i love that stuff too, for price and taste thats one of my faves as well. And your from Texas, Im jealous, you guys have all the best TexMex resturants. Thats BS. lol. But im glad to hear theres other spice fanatics out there like me who arent having that stuff effect their fitness related goals, or whatever. you know what i mean. lol. I honestly thought there would be some negitives to the spicy stuff
                        hell ya the one with the round top! ya we do have all kinds of tex mex. but we also have real mexican food too! which is a whole nother ball game! O! and we have the mexican girls!

Comment

I love hot sauce, peppers, etc too, but I don't use them when I am prepping for a show. Some adds a lot of extra sodium, which will make you hold water and appear not as cut. Not all competitors cut them out, but for me, I like to just eat my food blah and natural when I am dieting down.

Comment

Originally posted by Fellar View Post
                            hell ya the one with the round top! ya we do have all kinds of tex mex. but we also have real mexican food too! which is a whole nother ball game! O! and we have the mexican girls!

Yeah see i love that kind of food. If i lived in texas Id be so fat. Im pretty good with self control and my eating. But when it comes to tex mex, mexican food, and mexican girls I have no self control. I been living in PA for 6 months now, but all my life i lived in florida (21 years) and let me tell you, puertoricans galore. Lol, i love my various latin girls. Lmao. Ahhh, im a whore.

Comment

Originally posted by Ondrea View Post
                              I love hot sauce, peppers, etc too, but I don't use them when I am prepping for a show. Some adds a lot of extra sodium, which will make you hold water and appear not as cut. Not all competitors cut them out, but for me, I like to just eat my food blah and natural when I am dieting down.

Yeah that makes sense. I doubt ill ever have to worry about that though. I dont plan on ever doing shows or anything. But who knows, ive just started trying to build some mass. Yeah some are high in sodium, I guess if it was a problem and you were as addicted to that stuff as me you could use Tobasco. It has considerably less sodium than most hot sauces.

Comment

Working...
                              X