Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Newbie Looking For Advise / Input...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Looking For Advise / Input...

sorry..if this is kinda long winded...i will try and be brief.

history:

i come from a long line of short stocky people. im 5ft 8in and im one of the tallest people in my family. i

have a cousin whos 5-10 and hes considered a giant in my family.

as a kid...i was always very active. played soccer, basketball (dont laugh) and baseball. when i wasnt playing

sports i was always cruising around the neighborhood on my bike. I rarely sat still for long.

at 10 i started playing the guitar, and by 14 i was playing in bands. that led to me becoming a pack a day

smoker, drinking and drug use (mainly pot). needless to say...excersice was no longer part of my life and my heating habbits were complete shit.
    Why spend valuable drung money eating...eh?!

by 25 i realized that i wasnt gonna be the next eddie VH...and got a job in sales. i was no longer doing drugs,

but i was still a smoker / drinker.

at that time...i had very bad eating habbits and weighed all of 125lbs at most.

i hated doing sales...so i put myself through night school and got into the I.T. field, which is where i work

still.

better job = better pay = more $$ to spend on food!!

i leared how to cook fairly health foods and started to put on weight. i probably weighed about 135lbs until

about a year ago.

i quit smoking and started taking my health a little more seriously....and started going to the gym.

over the past year, i have gone from 135lbs & 18% bf-ish to...

Current Stats:

37 years old
    Height - 5ft 8in.
    Weight - 153 - 155lbs.
    17% b/f

The weight & b/f change happened rather quickly...within the 1st 8 months. But since then, I have noticed very

little gains.

Heres my current Diet.....again...sorry if this is too long...but i want to give u as much info as possible.

Food Calories Protein Carbs

8am Cytogain Shake 500 45 70

9am Hardboiled Egg 70 6 1

10am PB&J (whole wheat bread) 350 12 16
    10am Strawberrys 50 1 12

Noon Grilled Chicken Salad 240 27 20

2pm Banana 200 2 51

3:30 (pre w/o) NO Shotgun Shake 100 16 9
    -----Workout----

5pm Cytogain Shake (post w/o) 500 45 70
    __________________________________________________ ____________________

Total to this point >>>>>>>> 2010 154 249

Dinner Consists of Either

Grilled Tuna Steak, Grilled Pork Tenderloin, or Grilled Rib Eye (I alternate every 2 days)
    Sides are either Stir Fried mix veggies, Roasted Cauliflower, or Organic (vegan) egg rolls.

I average dinner out to be about 400 cals. 35gm Protein 20 carbs. and usually eat at around 8pm.

This gives me a GRAND TOTAL for the day of (avg) 2400 Cals 190 prot. 270 carbs.

Add to this...i am still a drinker (i know i know..gotta stop) and i usualy have 2 vodka martinis and 2 beers (or glasses of red wine as a substitute for beer).

My workout is as follows:

MOn - Chest
    Tues - Back & lats
    Wed - Legs
    Thurs - OFF
    Fri - Shoulders
    Sat - Arms
    i also do about 10 mins of abs (crunches and russian twists) every other day.

Cardio - During the summer months when its hot...i do tons! Jog 3-5 miles 2 times per week. Weekends I either bike about 20 miles or swim 40 laps (sometimes both). During the winter months...i suck. i havent done any cardio since mid december. I cant wait for the ****in weather to get warm again so i cant start to play outside...were almost there!!

My goal...is to get up to the 165 - 170lbs range...and bring my b/f% down to 10% or less (if possible!!) I do enough ab work..it be awesome to actually see them.

Any advise you can give me to help attain my goal...either diet, or training...would be fantastic!!

D.K.

Read **** *******'s thread in the MD staff and pro's section. All the info you will ever need about proper dieting is in there.

Comment

I'm not trying to be mean but just give you an honest response. NO ONE is going to read all of that info, analyze it and give you advice for nothing. There are people who get paid a lot of money to do that and if you want to get into that much detail be prepared to pay for their time. Any advice that you get for nothing most of the time is worth just that...nothing.

I suggest that you read read read as much as you can. The Palumbo thread is an excellent resource. You can also pick a particular topic that is important to you and do searches on the forum to see if that has been discussed before. Most of your concerns have been discussed in great detail at some time or another here.

Good luck! Keep working hard and you will attain your goals!
      Check out my redesigned video samples page!
      http://mikepulcinella.com/portfolio.htm

Comment

Originally posted by mike pulcinella View Post
        I'm not trying to be mean but just give you an honest response. NO ONE is going to read all of that info, analyze it and give you advice for nothing. There are people who get paid a lot of money to do that and if you want to get into that much detail be prepared to pay for their time. Any advice that you get for nothing most of the time is worth just that...nothing.

I suggest that you read read read as much as you can. The Palumbo thread is an excellent resource. You can also pick a particular topic that is important to you and do searches on the forum to see if that has been discussed before. Most of your concerns have been discussed in great detail at some time or another here.

Good luck! Keep working hard and you will attain your goals!

i know i didnt read it...

and isnt there a beginner section?
        2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

Comment

Bro in all honesty I think you are on the right track. I noticed a big difference when I quit drinking. And by that I mean, maybe once month still go out with a boys and whatever. Alcohol stops protein synthesis and lowers tests. Thats 2 major things right there!!
          STM

Comment

Working...
          X