Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Advice please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice please?

I've just started to hit up my gym again, and I can't bring myself to stay in the weight room.. seriously I'm in there with guys who must weigh like 250 lbs of muscle, and I see them out of the corner of my eye just staring at me. It makes me really uncomfortable and self-conscious. Anyone have any tips with coping with giant body builders mad dogging you? I can't handle it. Sad to say, but true.

Go to another gym, try some place like 24 hour fitness, Ballys or LA fitness.

Comment

I can't really do that.. I'm in a tight financial squeeze at the moment, I go to the Y on a pretty good deal, it costs me about $30 less than 24 hour.

Comment

no matter what gym you go, there will always be someone bigger and stronger than you. just put your headphones in and get down to business.

dont worry about it, aslong as you are there just doing your thing and not acting like a retard they wont bother with you.

Comment

Let them stare, seriously bro don't worry about anybody looking at you. They werent born 250LBS of muscle and whether your trying to lose some weight or gain some size, you come there for the same reason they do- to improve your quality of life. I know what your saying though, but really they don't mean anything. Just go there and do what you have to, don't be intimated by them or let them cheat you out of what you want to achieve. Good luck, don't let anyone bully you, there no better than you I can bet on it. Once you start making progress you'll forget all about them and only focus on you- good luck again.

Comment

Thanks, I really appreciate the feedback!

Comment

focus on your workout not on them.pretty soon you won't even notice them.it's just normal for people to size you up.i'm 6ft and 273 lbs i lift 6 to 7 days a week and do cardio at least 4 days a week, so i get sized up no matter where i go.i just laugh when i catch someone sizing me up.
              READ MORE.POST LESS.

Comment

you are at the gym for you. You are not there for them. And just remember, they were at one point where you are now... Every one starts someplace. If you let that affect you and the weight room thats a bad reason to leave it!! Just go in do your thing, have confidence in your self and have fun!

good luck

Comment

Originally posted by BuddhaStalin View Post
                  I've just started to hit up my gym again, and I can't bring myself to stay in the weight room.. seriously I'm in there with guys who must weigh like 250 lbs of muscle, and I see them out of the corner of my eye just staring at me. It makes me really uncomfortable and self-conscious. Anyone have any tips with coping with giant body builders mad dogging you? I can't handle it. Sad to say, but true.
                  Grow a set of balls for christ sakes.

~RR

Comment

Originally posted by RazorRipped View Post
                    Grow a set of balls for christ sakes.

~RR

Quoted for Emphasis...

Buddha wants to be a man... He's got to step up to the plate.

No one walks into a gym on day one weighing over 200 pounds with single digit bodyfat... No one.

You go in there and you bust your ass.

Buddha... stay out of the gym if you're scared.

If you're not... Then go lift the weight.

It's like a boss of mine once told a co-worker who was complaining... "Shut up or quit!"

That says it all.

Comment

response to "advice please"

Just do it for yourself - others are into what they are doing - they really don't put their time toward what you are doing

Gotta start somewhere - think about what you want to look like - what you want to achieve & get the ball rollin'-

Comment

Originally posted by speedy2 View Post
                        Just do it for yourself - others are into what they are doing - they really don't put their time toward what you are doing

Gotta start somewhere - think about what you want to look like - what you want to achieve & get the ball rollin'-

Great first post!
                        Get shredded! check out the transformations at
                        www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

Are they really staring or are you just imagining they are?

Maybe walk up to one of them and ask for some help with your routine, etc. Or just strike up some conversation with them bro. Once you start learning who everyone is in your gym you wont feel like such an outsider.

Or... Just ask them wtf they are staring at.

Comment

Thanks for the input.

It's nice to know that I don't have balls and I don't belong in the gym, I wonder, do you put people down in every post in the beginners board? or do you just target people who have self esteem issues. At least I had balls enough to walk in there and give it a shot rather than sitting at home contemplating if I want to turn my life, and my health around.

Peace.

Comment

bro, do not worry about them. They will do nothing to you, and just remember when u get huge and see a little guy in the gym how u used to feel when u looked like that. Those guys are idiots. DOnt worry about them man.
                              Become comfortable with being uncomfortable.
                              F.I.T. Corps

Comment

Working...
                              X