Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Any tips on how 2 gain muscle mass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any tips on how 2 gain muscle mass

any tips on how 2 gain muscle mass fast
    i started at 136 lbs and currently 150 lbs
    is it possible 4 me to go to 175 by the end of the summer any tips?

I would post a lot more information. Like you lbm, current diet supps workout split etc if you want some really good avice here because there gonna ask.

Comment

Food and food alone builds muscle. No workout routine or heavy weight or even steroids will build anything without the PROPER amount of calories from the PROPER sources. If you get that down, pretty much any workout routine will build muscle.
      "Life is about choices: tap, nap, or SNAP!" ~ Future UFC Lightweight Champion Marcus Hicks

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja Loco View Post
        Food and food alone builds muscle. No workout routine or heavy weight or even steroids will build anything without the PROPER amount of calories from the PROPER sources. If you get that down, pretty much any workout routine will build muscle.
        Some of the best advice I've heard any give in a long time.... One thing I may not agree with is ANY ROUTINE WILL BUILD MUSCLE. I do agree newbies gain quicker thank any one but I also feel that over training is still possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Julio Espinoza View Post
          Yes

Eat 10 sticks of butter every day.

Comment

Agreed with the above statement. Egg Whites, Milk, Lean Red Meats, Fish (Tuna and Salmon are my favs), Chicken, whey protien are all great sources of protien that you need. At one 150 try to consume around 200 grams of protien per day and adjust as you gain. Bodyweight x 1.5 = grams of protien per day

Good Carbs: WHOLE GRAIN Pasta/Bagels/Bread, Brown Rice, Potatoes (pretty much any kind), any green vegetable! fresh fruits

Cook most everything in oilve oil, try adding EFA's and Omega's 3 and 6 to a protien shake here and there.

Supplement Suggestion: Anator P-70, really helped me get over that 180 hump. It's a muscle gene activater.

If you are looking to gain weight then load it up, get some BBQ sause on that chicken and load that potato up with butter and sour cream, you gotta eat eat eat if ya wanna gina brotha, any more questions for me, I would be glad to help, just PM me
            Ask Yourself- How BAD do you want it?

Comment

I just recently discovered Buffalo. The butcher shop around the corner sells it and apparently, it's higher in protein and leaner than cow meat. Plus, if noone told you were eating buffalo, you'd never know...yum

Comment

Originally posted by Julio Espinoza View Post
                First of all, it would be helpful to people trying to give you advise, if you post your current daily diet and your workouts

You are not going to gain 25 lbs of lean muscle mass in three months.
                That is impossible ( all supplement ads. aside).

It is possible to gain 25 pounds in 3 months, most of it probably is not going to be lean muscle, most of it would be fat.

Dont get caught up in the bulk up get hooge quick (fat and crappy looking physique) at any cost, trap.

What you need to do, is using a on-line caloric calculator, many are avalable on the web, is do a BMR calculation, add to it your daily caloric activity requirements and add 500 calories a day over that, to gain muscle.

At 150 lbs, you should be taking in at a minimum, 150 grams of protein a day.

Be sure that you keep a detailed training and diet log.
                My Competition Prep Journal

Muscular Development Forum Rules

Comment

True on the food. Not so true on the workout. Each bodypart has a specific fiber type makeup that allows it to do its job from throwing a punch (Fast twitch) to carrying a bag home from the store where you biceps only RESIST weight (slow twitch).

My first lesson in the gym was not on the weights but an explanation of each muscle and its actions. I'll tell you what was told to me. In order to ACTIVATE the majority of fibers within a muscle you must DUPLICATE its actions. Fast twitch= Duration of explosive contractions. Slow twitch= Duration of continual stress. There are many other factors but this will get you in the ballpark.
                  TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
                  Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Comment

maybe you guys missed the part where I said

PRETTY MUCH any workout.

Not difinitive.
                    "Life is about choices: tap, nap, or SNAP!" ~ Future UFC Lightweight Champion Marcus Hicks

Comment

thanks 4 the advice !

Comment

Is that you in the avatar, Julio?

Seriously, bro. The fact that you've stuck with us this long is a good thing. Here's exactly what I would do.

Start a journal thread. In the thread, list your height, weight, and measurements.

Ask politely for someone to help you in figuring out how many calories you need and from what sources. In other words, a diet.

Ask politely if someone can help you put together a good BASIC routine and split. At this point, you dont need anything fancy, trust me.

That's it. Be prepared for a lot of different answers because we all really do love to help. But all you really need is a solid diet with a good basic routine if you've only got a year or two of lifting experience. Dont ask about a lot of supplenments right now, wait until you see what your body can do on it's own before you start adding supplements other than protein, creatine, and a good multivitamin.

Also make sure that you read and study other people's journals. You will eventually find some people that you get along with and who have the same goals as you and who seem to want to help instead of just answering a question to try and look important. I hope that helps. It's what I wished I would have heard when i started.

Comment

Everyone's right. EAT EAT EAT. Try to get a gram and a half of protien per pound of body weight daily. You look like a young guy with a quick metabolism (this is a guess, I am not going to pretend that I can tell this from your avatar) if this is the case don't be afraid of a little extra fat and carbs in your diet. You can probably get away with it if you are young with a fast metabolism and it will give you extra energy to really push yourself in the gym. Build your workouts around your compound movements like Bench, Squats, Deads, Military Press, Rows. Also try to get at least 8 hours of sleep a night, a little more if you can. That's it, eat tons, get a good night's sleep and lift your balls off. Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by grumpwurst View Post
                            I just recently discovered Buffalo. The butcher shop around the corner sells it and apparently, it's higher in protein and leaner than cow meat. Plus, if noone told you were eating buffalo, you'd never know...yum
                            I buy a whole buffalo each year. The extra lean ground bison is great with just about anything. We love it better than beef now. + buying the whole animal saves $100's of dollars. Yum-Yum!

Comment

just a tip but finish a dozen eggs, 1 gal skim milk, and half a jar peanut butter, and a pound of beef everyday on top of your regular meals (6-7 meals a day)....you'll gain weight fast
                              2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

Comment

Working...
                              X