Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

New to the boards...basic run down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the boards...basic run down?

Well I've been lurking for sometime, so I thought I'd make a post saying hello to all. Moving on. Looking for some tips to critique and make my gaining weight process a little swifter.

I'm 21, 160LBS, mesomorph I'd say.
    My split
    CHEST/TRIS
    BACK/BIS/ABS
    SHOULDERS/TRAPS
    LEGS/CALVES/ABS

Diet
    Breakfast usually fucks me up, because I dont know what to eat other than eggs for breakfast. but its usually:
    4eggwhites1whole
    2piecewheat toast with pb
    1glass milk with 1/2 cup oats

POW-shake

2chicken with salad or chicken with rice and potatoes

3either chicken with rice or steak with some veggies

4chicken on salad

5some sort of oat snack

6protein shake with milk before bed.
    not mentioning all the little things i eat in between there and all the water i drink all day long.

I weighed about 145 2 months ago, and i'm around 160-163 now.

tips/critiques fire away. thx~!

18lbs in 2 months = 14lbs of fat.

Comment

Originally posted by LITEweight View Post
      Well I've been lurking for sometime, so I thought I'd make a post saying hello to all. Moving on. Looking for some tips to critique and make my gaining weight process a little swifter.

My split
      CHEST/TRIS
      BACK/BIS/ABS
      SHOULDERS/TRAPS
      LEGS/CALVES/ABS

Diet
      Breakfast usually fucks me up, because I dont know what to eat other than eggs for breakfast. but its usually:
      4eggwhites1whole
      2piecewheat toast with pb
      1glass milk with 1/2 cup oats

POW-shake

2chicken with salad or chicken with rice and potatoes

3either chicken with rice or steak with some veggies

4chicken on salad

5some sort of oat snack

6protein shake with milk before bed.
      not mentioning all the little things i eat in between there and all the water i drink all day long.

Welcome lurker, glad u joined us

How long u been training or did i miss that part?

I dont see cardio on ur list, but i guess if u just wanna gain weight - i see the logic.

Yeah that part about the other stuff u eat during the day, does that include vitamins/supplements ?
      Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

This Post May be found offensive & may contain offensive material, consider yourself advised.

Comment

My split
        CHEST/TRIS
        BACK/BIS/ABS
        SHOULDERS/TRAPS
        LEGS/CALVES/ABS

Diet
        4eggwhites1whole 8 EGG WHITES, 1 WHOLE.
        2piecewheat toast with pb NATTY PB.
        1glass milk with 1/2 cup oats LOSE THE MILK.

POW-shake WHEY AND WAXY MAIZE.

2chicken with salad or chicken with rice and potatoes SALAD IS FOR GIRLS.

3either chicken with rice or steak with some veggies CHICKEN (OR STEAK), RICE AND VEGGIES

4chicken on salad ADD CARBS.

5some sort of oat snack

6protein shake with milk before bed. LOSE THE MILK. ADD NATTY PB IF IT'S A WHEY SHAKE OR USE CASSEIN.

^^^^^^^^ See Bolded.
        NYC BIG MIKE
        Looking for the "gang of 20".

Comment

Originally posted by ForemanRules View Post
          18lbs in 2 months = 14lbs of fat.
          Most likely correct, I'm sure all the beer could account for that.

I've been training since I was about 15 on and off, not consistently. I've been seriously training again for about 5-6 months. Although I just started getting the diet down. And no, I haven't been doing any cardio; not sure when to incorporate it and what exactly to do. I work about 40 hours a week in a kitchen which is usually non-stop running around so I considered that my cardio. The things between are usually low fat snacks like oat snacks with peanut or almond, strawberries, raspberries, etc.

I'm only taking Smart Gainer, bought it from a local supplement warehouse.

Big Mike: I'm not sure what waxy maize is or cassein. And I thought salad=good? And why lose the fat-free milk?

My target weight is anywhere around 180, but of lean muscle.

Much appreciated.

Comment

Salad is good...some guys think your a girl if you eat it...I always use a darker green lettuce, romaine,red-leaf,or even spinach leaves, iceburg=water.

Comment

Originally posted by kazman32 View Post
              Salad is good...some guys think your a girl if you eat it...I always use a darker green lettuce, romaine,red-leaf,or even spinach leaves, iceburg=water.
              Yea well when I eat salad it's usually romaine with spinach and balsamic viniger.

Comment

Joking about the salad. Waxy Maize is a high molecular weight carbohydrate (starch) that is great for post workout with whey protein. Cassein is a slow digesting protein that is good for late at night as it'll last longer that a faster digesting protein. Alot of people just add natty pb to their whey as that'll slow down the absorption rate too.

NYC BIG MIKE

Comment

Originally posted by NYC BIG MIKE View Post
                  Joking about the salad. Waxy Maize is a high molecular weight carbohydrate (starch) that is great for post workout with whey protein. Cassein is a slow digesting protein that is good for late at night as it'll last longer that a faster digesting protein. Alot of people just add natty pb to their whey as that'll slow down the absorption rate too.

NYC BIG MIKE
                  Yea, I just read about waxy maize and cassein, actually. I'm still learning, just started taking this serious about eating and what to put inside to gain weight. I'd eat cow shit if there was proof it'd make my muscles bigger.

Comment

Diet is everything in bodybuilding. Lots of people train their asses off and don't look like they could. Once you get your diet in check, it makes a world of difference. Keep reading and learning and asking questions, you can never know enough about proper dieting. Good luck.

NYC BIG MIKE

Comment

Yea, I just read about waxy maize and cassein, actually. I'm still learning, just started taking this serious about eating and what to put inside to gain weight. I'd eat cow shit if there was proof it'd make my muscles bigger.
                      Recent studies show cow shit can cause significant growth in lean muscle mass.. Try It...!
                      RAZORRIPPED.COM COME CHECK IT OUT!!!

Comment

I would suggest if you are trying to put on muscle get your nine site skinfold tested to see what your lean body mass is and go from there. Use the specific calculations for fat's,protein, carbs, and cals. Doing this will make the gains much easier and you will not put on as much fat. Make every thing as simple as possible if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by CINCYKID View Post
                          I would suggest if you are trying to put on muscle get your nine site skinfold tested to see what your lean body mass is and go from there. Use the specific calculations for fat's,protein, carbs, and cals. Doing this will make the gains much easier and you will not put on as much fat. Make every thing as simple as possible if you ask me.
                          Yea, I need to make it to a doctor; but I'm in between moving and I just got a new job so my cash flow is a little...weak. But once I get on my feet I'm planning on doing that. As for fat gains, I'm pretty lean and the weight I've gained I know is not fat. I've just recently got up to around 163 and I think considering my time scale and my efforts it's not hard to believe. I'm 5'9 163. I eat nothing but chicken eggs and steak and vegetables.

Comment

haha "salad is for girls". hahaha love it.
                            "Its better to start off slowly than to finish quickly." - Arnold

Comment

Originally posted by NYC BIG MIKE View Post
                              ^^^^^^^^ See Bolded.
                              NYC BIG MIKE
                              why entirely cut out milk?

Comment

Working...
                              X