Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Longer Biceps??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longer Biceps??

I have a really really short bicep. Iv heard that you can make it longer but isnt just all in your genes? If not someone please tell me what exercises i can do to make it longer....
    "I refuse to tip-toe through life, only to arrive safely at death."

Its all in the genes bro.

Comment

bro, its just where you muscle insertions are. for example i have real high calves. nothing i can do about it besides get them as big as possible where they are inserted on my body.

Comment

Originally posted by Kasper52 View Post
        I have a really really short bicep. Iv heard that you can make it longer but isnt just all in your genes? If not someone please tell me what exercises i can do to make it longer....
        Its all genetics, length is determined by how far from the elbow your biceps inserts into your biceps tendons.
        To fill in the lower gap as much as possible as allowable by genetics, you could try doing a reverse preacher curl the way Larry Scott did them.
        My Competition Prep Journal

Muscular Development Forum Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Kasper52 View Post
          Genetics yes but you can target that area and build up what you have. Try Spider Curls, both dumbell and with a barbell. You can even do them both in the same workout if you want. Very similiar to the preacher curl but you do it on the opposite side of the pad. Make sure to use full range of motion.

Comment

Originally posted by vargasty View Post
            Genetics yes but you can target that area and build up what you have. Try Spider Curls, both dumbell and with a barbell. You can even do them both in the same workout if you want. Very similiar to the preacher curl but you do it on the opposite side of the pad. Make sure to use full range of motion.
            wrong; you have an inner and outer bicep head, not an upper and lower

Comment

Originally posted by philborg View Post
              wrong; you have an inner and outer bicep head, not an upper and lower
              No shit you can still put tension on the lower part of the bicep tho. the same way inclines hit more of the upper chest and declines hit more of the lower chest.

Comment

^^^^^^
                That's because upper chest and lower chest are two different muscles; anatomically speaking you do not have a "lower bicep"

Comment

Originally posted by vargasty View Post
                  No shit you can still put tension on the lower part of the bicep tho. the same way inclines hit more of the upper chest and declines hit more of the lower chest.
                  VERY TRUE as this is most controlled by the extention at the bottom. I make my guys flex their tris at the bottom of standing curls and let the weight hang for a half second at the bottom of preachers.

Most guys only extend about 70% and keep the lower end of the bicep from receiving any stress. Also using parrillos method of fascia stretching will elongate the fibers giving them a fuller look throughout the entire bicep.
                  TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
                  Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Comment

^^^^^^
                    That's because upper chest and lower chest are two different muscles; anatomically speaking you do not have a "lower bicep"

Sad to see you have such a distorted view on the sport of cosmetic enhancment. I've taken many that thought like yourself and proved them wrong after reshaping their physique.

Like a sculpture you add muscle instead of clay in areas that lack. Take a round shouldered guy and add rear delts and hes no longer round shouldered.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsta View Post
                      VERY TRUE as this is most controlled by the extention at the bottom. I make my guys flex their tris at the bottom of standing curls and let the weight hang for a half second at the bottom of preachers.

Most guys only extend about 70% and keep the lower end of the bicep from receiving any stress. Also using parrillos method of fascia stretching will elongate the fibers giving them a fuller look throughout the entire bicep.
                      ^^^The non science never ends with you.

Kasper52: Muscle length is 100% genetic, you can not lengthen the muscle or target the bottom or top end of the bicep.

Comment

Originally posted by General Zod View Post
                        ^^^The non science never ends with you.

Kasper52: Muscle length is 100% genetic, you can not lengthen the muscle or target the bottom or top end of the bicep.

Yup as I was born with this lower back and never had to do a single lower back exercise or deadlift or anything it just appeared out of nowhere.... Any old back exercise would do.......

If this were true then we would all have thick insertion christmas tree like seperation. We dont do we???

Comment

Sad to see you have such a distorted view on the sport of cosmetic enhancment. I've taken many that thought like yourself and proved them wrong after reshaping their physique.

Like a sculpture you add muscle instead of clay in areas that lack. Take a round shouldered guy and add rear delts and hes no longer round shouldered.
                          Once again, that is because rear deltoids are their own muscle anatomically speaking, which you can train and develop; "lower bicep", however is not something you can target, just like "inner chest".

Comment

Yup as I was born with this lower back and never had to do a single lower back exercise or deadlift or anything it just appeared out of nowhere.... Any old back exercise would do.......

If this were true then we would all have thick insertion christmas tree like seperation. We dont do we???
                            The thread is about biceps, not the back. Plus you having a back ( if you even do) proves only that you have a back.

Please stop giving out comic book 1965 advice that has no basis in fact or science.

Comment

Once again, that is because rear deltoids are their own muscle anatomically speaking, which you can train and develop; "lower bicep", however is not something you can target, just like "inner chest".
                              Yup! So keep on doing what youre doing and someday................ Nah.

Comment

Working...
                              X