Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

cutting help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cutting help...

ok well first of all my name is Ian,i am 23,97kgs at 17% body fat and i am 1.82m tall. i have done alot of reading up on dieting etc etc and i have come across one of your posts where u talk about working out calorie intake etc etc, i have also read the same thing in the Burn The Fat Feed The Muscle e -book but i still have questions and i am hoping u will be able to help me out here.

at the moment i am training 5 days a week doing a 5 day split program. each work out is +/-45mins of heavy weight, i do 4 exercises per muscle and 3-4 sets of 8 reps for each exercise, i push heavy enough to fail on the 8th rep so i am pushing to my maximum capacity. i am also doing 30mins of cardio daily, i have been doing walking at 10% gradient at 5km an hour but as of this week i have bumped it up to 15% gradient to give me that more intense work out. my heart rate generally sits between 155bpm - 160bpm.

now for when working out calorie intake i have used the Katch-McArdle Formula as i know my bf % is 17%

so i worked it out that 370 + (21.6 x 80.51( lean mass in kg)) which gives me a BMR of 2099 calories.

now this is where i begin to get confused,do i use the activity scale of 1.55 as i am doing weight 5 times a week and then use the cardio to bring my deficit lower or do i multiply by 1.725 as i am already doing cardio and seem pretty active?

now a little bit of a back ground into my diet, i have been reading up on this and working out calories etc etc and i have come up with a clean diet of 2750 calories which has a break down of 32% protein 22% fat and 46% carbohydrates. which has worked up untill now but i am aiming to go sub 10% bf so this is why i need help as i have hit a bit of a plateau and i think its to do with the way i have been working out my calorie intake...

now i am not sure how much u can help me with zig zag dieting but will this be benefitial to me? i am not keen to drop my carbs less than 40 % as i have tried the 30% thing and my moods where terrible and energy was terrible so much so that i couldnt perform very well at varsity as my energy levels where terrible!

now would this idea be a good one for doing zig zag dieting (obviously macro nutrient ratios will be around 40:40:20)

monday 2600calories
    tuesday 3200calories
    wednesday 2800calories
    thursday 2600calories
    friday 3200calories
    saturday 2400calories
    sunday 2400calories

the reason i have done high calorie days on tuesdays and friday is am a dj and i usually play out on those nights and get home at 2am so i need the extra fuel for those nights. i do not drink and do narcotics so those are no worries on my mind,i only drink diet coke or water when i do go out aswell

please if u have any advice for me please please please please please i would love to hear it as i am at a loss and am really getting demotivated as a result!!

i have stopped taking my eca aswell this week as i have been on it for 8 weeks and i have dropped 6 kgs but i think i have become used to it..

all my carb sources are from

oats,potato's/sweet potato's when the quality is good,basmati rice(i have been told by quite a few nutritional guides that this is low GI) Vitargo(50grams post work out) and high fibre bran flakes.

protein sources are
    chicken breasts
    egg whites
    whey protein (90grams a day as i feel whole food is best)
    cottage cheese,fat free obviously( i have 125 grams with 30grams whey before bed for a slow release protein source)
    i have red meat once or twice a week... 200grams fillet streak is all i take in.

this a sample of my diet the first column is protein,carbs then fats.

Breakfast

100grams oats 13 56 9 all bran 40grams 4 22 1.5

Midmorning

4egg whites 1 whole egg 22 0 7.5 50grams white rice 4 40 0

Lunch

150grams chicken 37 0 14 200GRAMS potato 3 52 0

Post Work Out

vitargo 50grams 0 40 0 whey protein 60grams 44 4 2

Mid Afternoon

150grams chicken 37 0 14 200grams potato 3 52 0

Dinner

200grams chicken 50 0 18

Pre Bed

30grams casein protien 22 2 1 125grams cottage cheese 12 6 1

total nutrients is 2800 calories 251 protein, 274 carbs and 68fats.
Working...
X