Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

My new diet CRITIQUE PLEASE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new diet CRITIQUE PLEASE

Meal 1 10.30a.m.)
    1/2 Cup Oats(blended)150 5 27 2.5 mixed with a
    1/2 scoop of protein 60 12 1 0.5
    1 Cup Egg Whites 88 24 4 0
    1 whole egg 70 7 1 7
    1 slice bacon 90 5 0 7
    458 53 33 18

Meal 2 1 p.m.)
    8oz Chicken breast 250 50 0 1
    1 medium red potato(150g) 100 4 26 0
    flax seed oil
    470 54 26 1

WORKOUT - (2p.m.)

POSTWORKOUT (3.00p.m.)
    1/2 cup Oats 150 5 27 2.5
    2 scoops Whey protein 240 48 6 2
    aminos
    390 53 30 3.5

Meal 3 "45Minutes after PWO meal" (4 p.m.)
    1 can of tuna (drained) 150 33 0 1.5
    1 medium red potato(150g) 100 4 26 0
    250 37 26 1.5

Meal 4at work) (6.30p.m.)
    8oz Orange roughy or tilapia or sometimes just 8oz chicken instead 250 50 0 1
    almonds 160 6 6 14
    salad
    410 56 6 15

Meal 5at work) (9.00 p.m.)
    8oz Chicken breast 250 50 0 1
    1 Tbs Olive Oil 120 0 0 14
    1 cup brocolli
    370 50 0 18

CARDIO WORKOUT 30-40mins
    sipping liquid aminos while on the treadmil

Meal 6 (1.00 a.m.)
    10oz cottage cheese 240 45 15 0
    1 tbsp peanut butter 100 4 3 8
    340 49 18 8

TOTAL: CAL - 2688, PRO - 352, CARBS - 139, FATS - 66

Trying to cut down I am 225lbs 10-11% bf. When I started I was at 18% bf now I am kind of stuck at 11% and can't really go lower than that. maybe I need to wait a little longer?
    workout 5-6 times per week with 6 times cardio. Do u think I could change something to my diet. Maybe add a high carb day? Any suggestions please advice. I did my diet like: pro w/ carbs or pro w/ fats. I will stick with that so will not have the pro carb fat all in one meal. Advice pls.

Add an extra 20-30 mins of cardio in the mornings before your first meal. I did that when I first started trying to cut down back in May and I dropped fast.

Another thing that helped me was carb cycling. I had a High, Med, Low (almost zero) carb cycle that I went through every three days. Remember that your cheat meal has to be on a high or Med carb day (preferably high). Your current plan would be your high carb day, then the next day cut your carbs in half, then the third day cut them down to half of the Med day.

Best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by dhousemanjr View Post
      Add an extra 20-30 mins of cardio in the mornings before your first meal. I did that when I first started trying to cut down back in May and I dropped fast.

Another thing that helped me was carb cycling. I had a High, Med, Low (almost zero) carb cycle that I went through every three days. Remember that your cheat meal has to be on a high or Med carb day (preferably high). Your current plan would be your high carb day, then the next day cut your carbs in half, then the third day cut them down to half of the Med day.

Best of luck.

Thanks for the reply,
      I will add 20 min cardio in the morning but don't know how to do it cause I am starving when I wake up in the morning. How bout this to have a little pro/oats shake in the morning and then do the cardio???

About the carb cycling - how do u cycle carbs, do u lower the protein intake or keep it the same advise pls. Also cheat meal? Am I suppose to have one? cause I eat only the foods that I have listed here. If I suppose to have a cheat meal pls let me know what to be and when to eat it. thanks again.

Comment

Drink 8 oz of water before your morning cardio.. You will be amazed how much your hunger will subside! Its best on an empty stomach so you dont wanna have a meal before.. Try the water, it worked good for me

Comment

Water is the key. I had a hard time at first but once you get started, it's not an issue, you're on autopilot. I slept in my running shorts and just rolled out of bed with the alarm, downed 8 oz of water, and hit the pavement. I had my meal set up from the night before so that I could eat the minute I got back from my run.

For carb cycling, I kept the protein the same every day and only fluctuated the carbs. My plan was (keep in mind I was only 140 lbs when I started so didn't need as much food to maintain as you do at 225, but you should make it challenging, also this doesn't include supplements like amino acids and creatine):

High Carb Day
          -Meal 1 (after cardio): Whey Protien Shake, 2 Slices Ezhekial Bread
          (or 1 cup outmeal, measure dry), Udo's Oil (or Tbls Peanut Butter), Fish Oil, Primrose Oil, 5 gram Creatine, Multi-vitamin
          -Meal 2: 5 Oz Chicken, 1/2 cup of brown rice, Citracil-sugar free
          -Meal 3 (after workout): Whey Protien Shake, waxymaze (training days), 1/2 cup Yams (non-training days) 5 gram creatine, Fish Oil, Primrose Oil
          -Meal 4: 5 Oz lean Red Meat, 1/2 cup yams & 1 cup Green Vegetables, Citracil-sugar free
          -Meal 5 (after cardio, before bed): 2 whole eggs & 1/2 cup egg beaters
          (can sub egg beaters for 4 egg whites), Udo's Oil (or Tbls Peanut Butter), Multi-vitamin

Med Carb Day:
          -Meal 1 (after cardio): Whey Protien Shake, 1 Slices Ezhekial Bread
          (or 1/2 cup outmeal, measure dry), Udo's Oil (or Tbls Peanut Butter), Fish Oil, Primrose Oil, 5 gram Creatine, Multi-vitamin
          -Meal 2: 5 Oz Chicken, 1/4 cup brown rice, Citracil-sugar free
          -Meal 3 (after workout): Whey Protien Shake, Waxymaze (training days)
          1/4 cup Yams (non-training days) 5 gram creatine, Fish Oil, Primrose Oil
          Meal 4: 5 Oz lean Red Meat, 1/4 cup yams & 1 cup Green Vegetables, Citracil-sugar free
          Meal 5 (after cardio, before bed): 1 cup egg beaters
          (can sub egg beaters for 6 egg whites), Udo's Oil (or Tbls Peanut Butter), Multi-vitamin

Low Carb Day
          -Meal 1 (after cardio): Whey Protien Shake, Udo's Oil (or Tbls Peanut Butter), Fish Oil, Primrose Oil, 5 gram Creatine, Multi-vitamin
          -Meal 2: 5 Oz Chicken, 1/2 cup green vegetables, Citracil-sugar free
          -Meal 3 (after workout): Whey Protien Shake, 5 gram creatine, Fish Oil, Primrose Oil
          -Meal 4: 5 Oz lean Red Meat, 1/2 cup green vegetables, Citracil-sugar free
          -Meal 5 (after cardio, before bed): 1 cup egg beaters
          (can sub egg beaters for 6 egg whites), Udo's Oil (or Tbls Peanut Butter), Multi-vitamin

* I dropped about 9% BF in 12 weeks. I was also taking the Species fat burners Somalyze and Lipolyze from **** *******'s website.

As for cheat meals, it's up to you and your plan and how your body reacts. My trainer has me do a cheat meal once a week where I can have whatever I want (within reason). It kicks your metabolism's ass and keeps it guessing.

Comment

learn how to carb cycle. you cant eat the same things everyday. your body will adjust, which it has done.

just google carb cycling. there is plenty of info on the net
            2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

Comment

1) Morning Cardio
              2) Before morning cardio take 5-10 grams of BCAA's and Glutamine
              3) Carb cycle, but do it like this:
              Training Days: 3/4 Gram Carb per pound of body weight - Most of, if not all your
              carbs should be with breakfast and post workout
              NON Training Days: 1/3 - 1/2 Gram Carb per pound of body weight - All carbs with
              first few meals.

When weight loss subsides, increase cardio by 5 minutes in the AM & adjust carbs even more (1/2 gram/pound on trianing days, 1/4 gram/pound on off days).
              TEAM P/RR/S ELITE
              www.fitcorps.net

Comment

You can add in a bunch of cardio if you want OR you can cut calories a bit more. It happens all the time when you are cutting that you have to adjust the cals downward. Adding the cardio will eat at your LBM more if you do not carefully monitor your food intake. It is generally less complicated to just cut the calories.

Nice job so far on the weight loss btw...

Comment

I kind of disagree with ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.
                  It may be "less work" to cut calories, it however, is just that. You are already investing a ton of time and energy into this so dont take the easy way out now. Personally, i would add some cardio. The benefit of cardio is not only to drop calories but it also stimulates your metabolism. this effect will carry on after you are done your cardio. Also, when cutting you should be hungry, so the last thing you would want to do is "give up" some real food. Just my experience, a little more time doing cardio = a little more food in the gut, count me in... i am sure i am not the only one.

Comment

You guys are the best, thank you very much for the info. I will add the morning cardio starting from tomorrow and will start cycling the carbs too. I will see how it works. My only concern is cause I have a full time job and it involves a lot of standing and walking pretty much 7 hours of walking around, but will keep the protein the same in the low carb days and the high carb days. Actually when I did the calculations it came out 100-110 for the low carb days and 240-250 for the high carb day, the protein intake stays the same. Appreciate all the help you guys are giving to me.

Comment

Do u think this is a good way to cycle carbs. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par30.htm
                      I basically will have a no/low/high carb days. I already tried it for 5 days and feels great specially on the high carb days. On the low carb days I eat lots of protein from food sources and all the carbs are from veggies. On the low carb days - only about 200g(first 4 meals only) of carbs and on the high carb days I take 400g carbs(first 4 meals only). Let me know what do u think. thanks.

Comment

I don't know what time you go to bed but you are eating your last meal kind of late! Maybe a little more cardio.
                        Speed Kills, Strength Punishes

Comment

Working...
                        X