Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

everlasting soreness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• everlasting soreness

my question is on this first schedule i was never ever sore but on my new schedule the muscle i work is excrutiatingly sore for approx 3 full days after the workout...so what is exactly the reason for this? is my second schedule causing to much damage or was the first schedule just not causing enough? and this question is obviously based on the fact of wether or not you need to be sore to grow

i used to workout 6 days a week pretty much like this(this was my schedule for about 7 months):

mon chest/back
    tue traps/rear delts/forearms
    wed shoulders/arms
    thurs legs
    fri chest/back
    sat traps/rear delts/forearms
    sun off
    mon shoulders/arms
    tue legs
    and so on

on this schedule i was never sore...for a few weeks i switched to this schedule

mon chest/back
    tue
    wed shoulders/arms
    thur
    fri legs
    sat
    sun chest/back
    and so on(basically the diff is im now taking a day off after each workout) just in case you need to know i do consume 40g waxy and 60g pro after each workout and no i am not drug assisted
    can i snap kick you in the face?

NO PAIN NO GAIN!... ha but seriously how long have you been on this new schedule? and sense your working each body part less times per week, have you been hitting your workouts a lot harder?

If you just started this schedule keep at it and let your body adjust to it and if it does not switch it up until you really find what works best for you.

Comment

You are getting more rest. That gives the CNS rest and you most likely are able to hit it harder and with more intensity, giving you more DOMS.
      Its impossible for a guy of my stature intelligence and moral fibre to befriend a guy like orstki who is a slimey rodent like person

Comment

Originally posted by jaeckels View Post
        NO PAIN NO GAIN!... ha but seriously how long have you been on this new schedule? and sense your working each body part less times per week, have you been hitting your workouts a lot harder?

If you just started this schedule keep at it and let your body adjust to it and if it does not switch it up until you really find what works best for you.
        yea def didnt have a problem with the pain just wonderin bout it

Originally posted by kraken View Post
        You are getting more rest. That gives the CNS rest and you most likely are able to hit it harder and with more intensity, giving you more DOMS.
        thk u

Comment

As a beginner you don't really need to workout more then 4 days a week right now - giving yourself 3 rest days. Remember, you GROW when you are resting and recovering NOT while you are in the gym. I would also increase your protein in take if you are really sore. How much do you weigh?

You should at least have a shake b4 & after training and one b4 bed is good too. Also take a good multi-vitamin. Try to eat 4 solid, healthy whole food meals on top of the 3 shakes and you'll fine!!!
          FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE

Comment

Originally posted by He-Man View Post
            As a beginner you don't really need to workout more then 4 days a week right now - giving yourself 3 rest days. Remember, you GROW when you are resting and recovering NOT while you are in the gym. I would also increase your protein in take if you are really sore. How much do you weigh?

You should at least have a shake b4 & after training and one b4 bed is good too. Also take a good multi-vitamin. Try to eat 4 solid, healthy whole food meals on top of the 3 shakes and you'll fine!!!
            not really a begginer ive been hittin gym bout 6 years now but figured it was a begginer question thats really why i put it in that section...170 lbs is the weight...cannot do a shake preworkout as i do intermittent fasting...multi is of course a def

Comment

If you aren't feeling any soreness whatsoever then there could be a problem!
              Speed Kills, Strength Punishes

Comment

Its only been a few weeks, don't worry about it. You will adjust to it and it will be much more doable.

Thinking you needed to be sore is a pretty dated idea as well.

Comment

Make sure you stretch really well at the end of your workout. This is probably the biggest mistake most make and it really has an effect on muscle recovery and limiting soreness.

Comment

as the boys say you need to stretch, new work outs or work outs returning from a lay off period always ALWAYS hurt the most, soldier through it drink loads of water, i dont feel like iv worked hard enough unless im atleast a little sore the day after, in my case you literally have to stuff yourself with food if your tryin to avoid it
                    WHAT'S YOUR BEEF???

Comment

If none of the above suggestions workout try some BCAA or EAA with glutamine pwo, works for me.

Comment

Fasting and lifting is similiar to a peanut butter and shit sandwhich between two cheeks. The two are not best friends

KILL THAT SHIT!!
                        Journal: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=50558
                        Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4A4lWT65ng

Comment

Tribal? tribaltek from BB4U?
                          "Life is about choices: tap, nap, or SNAP!" ~ Future UFC Lightweight Champion Marcus Hicks

Comment

Working...
                          X