Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

A few Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few Questions

Hey guys got two questions. First of all i have been told by several people that floor presses are a great way to up your bench max. Is this true? And how exactly do you do a floor press? I have been told several different ways.

Also after doing heavy deadlifts my lower back hurts very badly for a good 2 -3 days afterwards. Is this just something that u have to work around or is there something i can do to help it? I do a conventional deadlift and i use a weight belt of course but the pain is still pretty damn bad. Any thoughts?

Thanx in advance for any and all help!
    What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger!! - Slipknot

POSTED B SIC&TWISTED101[quote=Sic&Twisted101;1121399]Hey guys got two questions. First of all i have been told by several people that floor presses are a great way to up your bench max. Is this true? And how exactly do you do a floor press? I have been told several different ways.

Also after doing heavy deadlifts my lower back hurts very badly for a good 2 -3 days afterwards. Is this just something that u have to work around or is there something i can do to help it? I do a conventional deadlift and i use a weight belt of course but the pain is still pretty damn bad. Any thoughts?

As far as the deadlift, your back probably hurts because you may be rounding it, from the initial lift off the ground. Deadlift takes on a certain form and you may have to drop some bar weight to master the form. I'm sure others will chime in as to proper form. Belt is good - but I think form is more important.

Lots of bodybuilders on here will help you - hang in - the responses will come.

Comment

Make sure your lifting properly, look up proper deadlift form on youtube, im sure the picture will help more than any lengthy explanation I can give to you. Also, after I finish with my deads, I hold a toe touch stretch for about 45 seconds to a mintue. As far as floor presses, idk, ill wait for someone more knowledgeable.
      Turn the other cheek and I'll break your fucking chin.

Comment

I think that you may be using too much weight when your deadlifting.Just because you can lift it doesnt mean you should.Keep the back flat throughout and use the legs at the bottom.Also if you are so concerned about a one rep max in your bench press you are wasting your time in my opinion.Keep your ego out of the gym and stick to sets.No offense

Comment

floor press is good for bench you just lay down on the floor and do a bench motion, once ur elbows touch the ground u press it back up, it takes out the negative build up that a normal bench press would have and it makes itjust an upward press

Comment

Originally posted by skinny View Post
            I think that you may be using too much weight when your deadlifting.Just because you can lift it doesnt mean you should.Keep the back flat throughout and use the legs at the bottom.Also if you are so concerned about a one rep max in your bench press you are wasting your time in my opinion.Keep your ego out of the gym and stick to sets.No offense

None taken bro. The reason i ask is because i am getting ready for a powerlifting meet and i need to put my one rep bench max up as much as i can. Ive studied up on proper deadlift form and i am seeing some flaws in my form i will correct in my next workout.

Thanx for all the help everyone!!!!!
            What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger!! - Slipknot

Comment

Try asking your powerlifting questions in this forum

http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...splay.php?f=36

Experienced competitive powerlifters are forum regulars in there.
              My Competition Prep Journal

Muscular Development Forum Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Sic&Twisted101 View Post
                None taken bro. The reason i ask is because i am getting ready for a powerlifting meet and i need to put my one rep bench max up as much as i can. Ive studied up on proper deadlift form and i am seeing some flaws in my form i will correct in my next workout.

Thanx for all the help everyone!!!!!
                cool,I assumed you were just bodybuilding and not powerlifting.I know nothing about powerlifting so I cant give any advice

Comment

Working...
                X