Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Rule of thumb for hydration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rule of thumb for hydration?

What is the rule of thumb for the amount of water intake per time of day? It seems difficult to be working out with a belly full of water and having to pee every 20 minutes.

How would you break it down in regular size bottles of water?

All when on a cycle:

1) during workout sessions

2) while at work

3) while doing cardio

Thanks!
    WORK THE MUSCLES, NOT THE WEIGHT

-Jay Cutler

if you're on a cycle there's a forum for related questions

in general it is recommended you drink 8oz per waking hour of fluids other than dairy or alcohol. Coffee is ok up to 4 cups per day, but after that it has a diuretic effect.

during rigorous exercise, depending on how much you sweat, you may need to drink as much as 8oz every 20 minutes - it's a judgement call

Comment

The general rule of thumb is 0.55 x body weight in pounds = oz of water you should take in each day at a minimum. As far as during a workout if you start feeling really tired, start getting a headache then you are dehydrated most likely. Listen to your body, it is pretty hard to overhydrate so if you think you need water then you probably do!
      Speed Kills, Strength Punishes

Comment

well im a school teacher and we have 52 minute periods. I try to drink one shaker bottle full of water every period which would be about 20 ounces of water every period or a little bit less than that depending if i actually make it or not. I piss every period as well. Annoying but whatever it takes.
        Become comfortable with being uncomfortable.
        F.I.T. Corps

Comment

an interesting question.
          It's also related to your diet, as it takes so many ml of water to bind to each g of carb, protein etc then you have to hydrate your organs and tissues etc, I couldn't find a link for the formulae for this but I'll dig about and get back to you...the advice about dizzyness etc is good. But I know what you mean about not peeing all the time!!!
          Do you like Huey Lewis and the News?

Comment

peeing is a pain in the ass. I just tend to think about drinking a lot of water maybe 20 min after a meal, helps me digest.
            Turn the other cheek and I'll break your fucking chin.

Comment

If your on supps or a intense multi it will change the color and my rule may not apply..but still

When ya piss..if its clear or close to then you are good for hydration...if your piss if dark yellow or even brown then you are dehydrated or on your way and should hit up the closest water fountain asap.

Comment

Originally posted by gren71 View Post
                If your on supps or a intense multi it will change the color and my rule may not apply..but still

When ya piss..if its clear or close to then you are good for hydration...if your piss if dark yellow or even brown then you are dehydrated or on your way and should hit up the closest water fountain asap.
                I subconsciously always used this as a way to gauge when I am hydrated but I wanted to see if I was way off base.

It's a very important part of this whole equation that we all put our bodies through. It's just cool to have a consensus answer for something so important.
                WORK THE MUSCLES, NOT THE WEIGHT

-Jay Cutler

Comment

Working...
                X