Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone.
Just as a friendly reminder between December 7th thru December 8th, the forum will be undergoing an upgrade and service may be disrupted for a period of time. This maintenance will be done at a time that will impact traffic the least, but offer huge benefits. Especially with the Olympia right around the corner.
Enjoy and thanks in advance for your understanding.
Best
Jen

PS Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

As A Beginner, I was confused most by...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As A Beginner, I was confused most by...

When I started lyfting weights, I was 15... I was the skinniest & smallest kid in my class... and when I look in the mirror, that's styll the guy I see.. so it feels weird getting complements...

At that age, I had guys at my gym take me under their wing.. unfortunately, they never trained legs.. so I was in my 20's before I learned how to free weight squat...

I also didn't have the internet... so I wasn't flooded with 90 million different techniques on dieting and lyfting...

MD isn't really written for beginners... so the magazine may skim over thyngs... which may leave your questions unanswered.. so if you're confused by somethyng.. feel free to ask here... and if you remember being confused by somethyng when you fyrst started - Feel free to share..

Peace..~G
    Save $$$ by using discount code - GDD106 - at TrueProtein.com - Thx!

I started weight lifting back in 99. Just took a weight lifting class when I started
    community college. But as I started learning from other people and then I came
    on here a year ago or so they give good advice too.

Magazines, people, and the internet is a good place to get you started.
    Ah shucks BK is fine wit me. I'm low maintenance" Beni Mama

Comment

Originally posted by GameDayDog View Post
      When I started lyfting weights, I was 15... I was the skinniest & smallest kid in my class... and when I look in the mirror, that's styll the guy I see.. so it feels weird getting complements...

At that age, I had guys at my gym take me under their wing.. unfortunately, they never trained legs.. so I was in my 20's before I learned how to free weight squat...

I also didn't have the internet... so I wasn't flooded with 90 million different techniques on dieting and lyfting...

MD isn't really written for beginners... so the magazine may skim over thyngs... which may leave your questions unanswered.. so if you're confused by somethyng.. feel free to ask here... and if you remember being confused by somethyng when you fyrst started - Feel free to share..

Peace..~G
      I understand this, I feel inadequate when I look in the mirror, even though I have made a ton of progress.

Comment

Working...
      X