Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone.
Just as a friendly reminder between December 7th thru December 8th, the forum will be undergoing an upgrade and service may be disrupted for a period of time. This maintenance will be done at a time that will impact traffic the least, but offer huge benefits. Especially with the Olympia right around the corner.
Enjoy and thanks in advance for your understanding.
Best
Jen

PS Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

3 days? 4? 5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 days? 4? 5?

how many days a week is good to go to the gym, i do 3 but i see people in better shape who go 5 days. so what do u guys think?

3? 4? 5?

It depends on how long you have been training.
    A beginner with less than 6 months training, maybe 3 times a week with a whole body workout per training session.
    Once you get say 6-8 months training under your belt, then you can consider going to a 4 day split.
    My Competition Prep Journal

Muscular Development Forum Rules

Comment

I've been going to the gym since 2002 and before that since 99 when taking
      a weight training class. In college at my weight training class 3 times a week.
      2 days were the classroom part (actually just working out) and lab which i spent
      2 hours in. So 3. And 3 from 2002 to present. I use the pool on my 4th day.
      Ah shucks BK is fine wit me. I'm low maintenance" Beni Mama

Comment

I like 4 on 1 off. Right now doing 5 on 2 off and it's working OK, but I'll change back in the near future. Everyone is probably a little different based on body type, diet, goals etc.

Comment

4 days a week is tops for a natty imo. After that point you just won't be gaining much strength or adding mass. This is from personal experience as well as others around me that I lift with.

Remember you grow when you rest.
          Stagnation kills

Comment

I have been at it for about 2 years and have been doing three days a week but now I am seeing the need to add another day for taking things to the next level, three days should be more than sufficient for now, remember what you eat and what you do when your not lifting is even more important then what you do in the gym, lift, eat, rest, repeat!!!!
            Riff

Doing it one pound at a time!!!!

Comment

I HIT THE GYM 4 DAYS AND REST FOR 3, WORKS OUT FOR ME BETTER
              MY KING OF KINGS

Comment

i started out doing 3 days a week, after a year starting doing 4 days a week, and for a couple years now i do 5 days a week my workouts aren't as long and it works for me.

Comment

Working...
                X